The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea a lot of crazy rumors since this thing began. Including Pattinson banging catwoman on the batmobile.

honestly I think this is started by Snyder fantards or twilight haters who can’t let that hate go. Seems like people are bitter still about him staring in twilight several years ago and haven’t moved on. The guy stated multiple times he hated working on twilight and did it to get paid. He even was possibly responsible for leaking one of the books in the series .
People forget that actors were once young and had to get a gig somehow. Look at DiCaprio - from Romeo/ Titanic to becoming one of the greatest actors.

We just need this next year of movies to release to get back on track. So much time between MCU and DC releases. Gives people too much time to speculate/leak, etc.

People forget that actors were once young and had to get a gig somehow. Look at DiCaprio - from Romeo/ Titanic to becoming one of the greatest actors.
The endless toxicity of the internet. While I do get annoyed when actors muddy the public discourse with uninformed opinion ... when they come under fire for literally just doing their jobs, from a bunch of losers who couldn't act their way out of paper bags and probably have a face for Reddit, it's just pointless trash and noise.

(I bet there are kids on my lawn right now. Gonna go yell at them.)

The endless toxicity of the internet. While I do get annoyed when actors muddy the public discourse with uninformed opinion ... when they come under fire for literally just doing their jobs, from a bunch of losers who couldn't act their way out of paper bags and probably have a face for Reddit, it's just pointless trash and noise.

(I bet there are kids on my lawn right now. Gonna go yell at them.)
Most of them will end up liking the film anyway. 😅

You can never tell be early reviews. Almost everything gets "liked" when it first opens. Its after people have digested it for a while. It used to be about a year later the truths start to flow, now its six months because of bluray release... maybe earlier now with streaming. Multiple viewings makes the ultimate determination.

True. I imagine him jumping around and doing all that stuff. People say he was doing to much but what else did you want him to do? Just fight like the others? He would be aiming for there knees.
No saber at all, all force powers.

a master of his level should not need a saber. At least that was the consensus of my crew at the first viewing.

You can never tell be early reviews. Almost everything gets "liked" when it first opens. Its after people have digested it for a while. It used to be about a year later the truths start to flow, now its six months because of bluray release... maybe earlier now with streaming. Multiple viewings makes the ultimate determination.
I’d say these days the internet gets the way early jump on hating everything before it’s even opened.....

then your pattern starts

I always thought they handled Yoda fighting well in the PT. It was his mastery of the force that allowed him to channel the energy necessary to fight Dooku and Palps. The Yoda Dooku fight is among my favorite in all the Saga...
Yoda was a serious disappointment. If he was a master of any kind fighting style, he would have seen the obvious escape route and blocked Dukie's escape. Terrible fight. He should have been able to think 5 moves ahead. He was as bad as Luke.

What a surprise. Make the batfleck movie was trending on Twitter. No wonder . It’s hilarious how many tards will crap of a reputation just to get a failed franchise up and running again. I’m just glad to see some pushback from Batfans who aren’t biased

As a Batman fan for over 35 years, I never really understood appeal of Batfleck. Don't get me wrong, he looks great, the costume is a great translation of that overrated Miller book and Affleck was definitely putting a lot of effort into the role but it's the fundamentals that makes up that version of Batman seems broken and flawed imo, thanks to poor direction, characterization and writing. It's truly a Batman that's appeal seems superficial at best, but that's just me and I hope it's clear that I'm critiquing the character, not the fans.

Granted, Patterson doesn't look great, but without much context to go by it feels like dismissing him entirely just because he used to play that particular role everyone loves jumping on that bandwagon to attack him seems shortsighted. To me, each artist should have the freedom to make their own version of Batman and deviate as far as they like, so long as they get the fundamentals right, and Zack Synder for one always seemed like that guy who doesn't read comic books but only got into it because of Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen, thinking dark and gritty equates engaging storytelling.

I'm still hoping for the best with this movie.

In truth, I love what I think they're doing with the Riddler. I really do like the Batmobile. I also like the Goth/moody/introverted aspect to how Bruce Wayne looks. I mean, the flashy playboy was a nice contrast but I think this version, like Burton's in a way, fit how Bruce Wayne would likely really be -- a weirdo. A dark, introverted, angry, miserable weirdo. Like his fans. :lol And don't get me wrong, I really like that take on Bruce Wayne. I think it makes him more believable, and more dangerous. Scarier. He's as crazy as the foes he hunts.

I'm not sure what to make of The Penguin. Nor his casting choice.

Strangely, and sadly, they have kept Catwoman fairly well hidden. Hope that's not a bad sign.

As a Batman fan for over 35 years, I never really understood appeal of Batfleck. Don't get me wrong, he looks great, the costume is a great translation of that overrated Miller book and Affleck was definitely putting a lot of effort into the role but it's the fundamentals that makes up that version of Batman seems broken and flawed imo, thanks to poor direction, characterization and writing. It's truly a Batman that's appeal seems superficial at best, but that's just me and I hope it's clear that I'm critiquing the character, not the fans.

Granted, Patterson doesn't look great, but without much context to go by it feels like dismissing him entirely just because he used to play that particular role everyone loves jumping on that bandwagon to attack him seems shortsighted. To me, each artist should have the freedom to make their own version of Batman and deviate as far as they like, so long as they get the fundamentals right, and Zack Synder for one always seemed like that guy who doesn't read comic books but only got into it because of Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen, thinking dark and gritty equates engaging storytelling.
I get it. You don't have to like it, but the cowl and the outfit is easily the best looking Batman suit IMO. This is a real world Batman, world weary, heavy drinker, betrayed by some in his conversation with Alfred (Two-Face?), Joker killed Robin and all of his crime fighting seems to not have amounted to stopping crime. Then he sees Superman fighting Zod and all the collateral damage he's done without saving many civilians in the process, like what he might have done earlier in his Batman days. He feels powerless and knows that even know he might be good or do good deeds now, he might one day not feel so good like Bruce does now and becomes a tyrant. What Bruce thought he could control (Gotham), he couldn't and he can't control Superman. So this leads Bruce to brand criminals just so other criminals can take them out. And if a guy has a rocket launcher or .50 cal on a truck, well the truck and the gun goes. If he dies in the process, so be it. The letter from Luthor and the capitol bomb while Superman was there puts him over the edge.

I didn't care for the whole story and how it was presented, but I get it. Snyder challenged you on the perception of Batman. I would like to see Batman in his full glory of saving civilians, speed and stealth detective work, but Batman can never save everyone. Nolan and Goyer wrote Man of Steel, but clearly Snyder wanted Batman. But he wanted to explore the internal side of the characters and it degraded them IMO. Batman branding, Superman snapping Zod's neck then trying to kill Batman, Bruce heavily drinking, Superman smashing some warlord into oblivion and Luthor going goofy psycho. Marvel is good at showing their heroes in their full glory and I know the people want that for Superman and Batman. Looks like that chance slipped by and it will be a long time till we ever get that in a movie. You can at least see that on the animated side with Batman first meeting Superman.

In truth, I love what I think they're doing with the Riddler. I really do like the Batmobile. I also like the Goth/moody/introverted aspect to how Bruce Wayne looks. I mean, the flashy playboy was a nice contrast but I think this version, like Burton's in a way, fit how Bruce Wayne would likely really be -- a weirdo. A dark, introverted, angry, miserable weirdo. Like his fans. :lol And don't get me wrong, I really like that take on Bruce Wayne. I think it makes him more believable, and more dangerous. Scarier. He's as crazy as the foes he hunts.

Strangely, and sadly, they have kept Catwoman fairly well hidden. Hope that's not a bad sign.
This exactly

Just call him Emo, bro. He probably listens to Emo music, wears the guy-liner and emo hair.

Penguin looks cool and sound interesting in the trailer, but he looks more like a cheap corrupt Detective than traditional penguin.

Catwoman looks lame. She's always been a lame character. She only worked in Returns because she looked cool, and had supernatural powers. Difabio is against the notion of supernatural abilities and extra lives, but I believe is meant to be ambiguous.

Julie Newmar gets a pass because she's a goddess. 😘

Last edited:
I like catwoman. I hope that look isn't her final look tho. I like the whole dynamic her and Bruce have and how she will sometimes betray him in order to get what she wants but then turns around and saves him from dying completely.
But yes the ony good movie portryal of Catwoman so far was returns. I don't know what the hell they were doing with her in rises. That was a complete joke. Infact every character in that movie sucked absolute ass

I like catwoman. I hope that look isn't her final look tho. I like the whole dynamic her and Bruce have and how she will sometimes betray him in order to get what she wants but then turns around and saves him from dying completely.
But yes the ony good movie portryal of Catwoman so far was returns. I don't know what the hell they were doing with her in rises. That was a complete joke. Infact every character in that movie sucked absolute ass
670d7686ae4caa38b5f2d4bdc45aab52.jpg

It's just odd that the 'better' a film is, the further from the comic look and feel it has to get. Nolan's films were mostly great, but batman didn't even have a proper cave or Batmobile.

I'm a comics fan, and get a bit sick of these reboots that stay grounded in reality but don't give us the cool batman I read in the comics

Everything has to be gritty, realistic and grounded in the real world now. For the record, I loved Joker, I just want a real batman, not a human dressed like a bat

Back