The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keaton. The kiddies might want Spider-Man, but Maguire is just a meme machine now and no one cares about Garfield.

Which is a bigger deal for some of you hard-core fans…

Keaton Batman in costume again, with modern cgi of course.

OR…

Raimi Spiderman characters in costume again.
No contest - it's Patman all the way! :rotfl

5e78qz.jpg

Yeah but getting your old man legs into the suit -- with extra padding -- and your fat tummy behind the belt -- with a corset -- is something else.

Fortunately, there's a lot of comic books about aged Batman... so he may not look as ridiculous as Indiana Jones. Hopefully.

If he does "Let's get crazy" and pops his manic eyes and half-open mouth, I will bash him.
Let's get nuts*

Anyway, Keaton never had great mobility in the batsuit, which made him more of a tactical and definsive fighter, so it'll be strange if they have him do a bunch of CGI flips and acrobatics moves Yoda style just because they can using modern technology. It'd be out of style and character. I don't want to see that, but I do want to see him or a stunt man do some fighting after 30 years. There are two CGI effects I wouldn't mind, if he uses the cape or bat wings to glide like in Returns and if he uses his grapple gun.

Keaton. The kiddies might want Spider-Man, but Maguire is just a meme machine now and no one cares about Garfield.
I hope "old" man Toby isn't in a bad place when we see him in the MCU. At this point, it's so cliche to see old heroes be a shell of themselves. Keaton looks great in the set photos. Nice suit, nice car, and even his hair is looking better. 🤩 He looks like he's far from retired or done. I like that. Let old heroes be heroes if you have to bring them back.

No contest - it's Patman all the way! :rotfl

View attachment 529143
It seems like there is much more positive buzz over this Flash movie than The Batman which seems to be mired in perpetual controversy.

The irony is that the Flash movie involves Snyder characters.

WB is weird lol

Anyway, Keaton never had great mobility in the batsuit, which made him more of a tactical and definsive fighter, so it'll be strange if they have him do a bunch of CGI flips and acrobatics moves Yoda style just because they can using modern technology. It'd be out of style and character. I don't want to see that, but I do want to see him or a stunt man do some fighting after 30 years. There are two CGI effects I wouldn't mind, if he uses the cape or bat wings to glide like in Returns and if he uses his grapple gun.
Oh gosh there is so much more they can show him doing.

Wait!

Wo Wo Wo Wo!

Will Keaton be given his BvS warehouse moment :panic:

Last edited:
it'll be strange if they have him do a bunch of CGI flips and acrobatics moves Yoda style just because they can using modern technology. It'd be out of style and character. I don't want to see that

Your old hero is dressing up again, be happy. They need to have him rubberized for the new kiddies.

Yoda? Ask TheDucky if swift PT Yoda is lame.

Is so, from a believability standpoint it will probably be closer to Ford’s warehouse moment in KOTCS. :chase
Yeah i’m hoping they don’t go that route with him at least not with the 89 costume anyways.

I would rather see him grappling around or gliding above Gotham but I do want to see him fight as well….what to do what to do!

CGI Batwing!!! :panic:

CGI Yoda is awesome. But so is Muppet Yoda. I like both equally.

As far as Keaton vs Tobey I’m going with Tobey. Far more excited about seeing Tobey as Spider-Man again. Still hoping for Spider-Man 4 lol. I loved the trilogy as a kid and still do. I really don’t care all that much anymore about seeing Keaton back as Batman. Bale is my live action Batman and I’ve forgot the last time I saw ‘89. I liked Returns better too.

CGI Yoda is awesome. But so is Muppet Yoda. I like both equally.

As far as Keaton vs Tobey I’m going with Tobey. Far more excited about seeing Tobey as Spider-Man again. Still hoping for Spider-Man 4 lol. I loved the trilogy as a kid and still do. I really don’t care all that much anymore about seeing Keaton back as Batman. Bale is my live action Batman and I’ve forgot the last time I saw ‘89. I liked Returns better too.
DeVito over Nicholson? That is heresy!

Is Tobey even confirmed to be coming back? Last I was aware they just keep denying it. That kinda kills my enthusiasm so my answer to the question what are you more excited for - Keaton back as Batman or the Raimi-verse Spiderman - well, Keaton.

Is Tobey even confirmed to be coming back? Last I was aware they just keep denying it. That kinda kills my enthusiasm so my answer to the question what are you more excited for - Keaton back as Batman or the Raimi-verse Spiderman - well, Keaton.
Yes, he was seen and photographed on the set of the film. He's in it, and so are his villains...well, at least one of them, Doc Ock.

Your old hero is dressing up again, be happy. They need to have him rubberized for the new kiddies.

Yoda? Ask TheDucky if swift PT Yoda is lame.

I always thought they handled Yoda fighting well in the PT. It was his mastery of the force that allowed him to channel the energy necessary to fight Dooku and Palps. The Yoda Dooku fight is among my favorite in all the Saga...

Back