Predators 2 Movie (2012?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Predators 2 a good or bad idea?

• Yes

Votes: 109 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.1%

• Total voters
Re: Predators 2 (2012?) thread

Brody is probably the best 'actor' to have been in a Predator movie. I don't care if people start to call him names or mock him, the guy can act!

Good actor? Yes.

Good action start? no.

If they had had just another action star in Predators it would have been even more of a homage to Dutch in Predator. I thought Royce's character was something fresh and different.

What action star would you rather have? Sam Worthington, Tom Cruise...No thanks!

The only current action actor I would want is Jason Statham.

Bale would prolly be good. The Rock would as well. Even Vin Diesel would be kewl in a Predator movie.

Problem today is there aren't any good action stars. You saw Arnold movies cause Arnold was in them. Who would see a movies just cause Sam Worthington is in it? He is as replaceable as Orland Bloom was in LOTR and POTC.

Bale would prolly be good. The Rock would as well. Even Vin Diesel would be kewl in a Predator movie.

Problem today is there aren't any good action stars. You saw Arnold movies cause Arnold was in them. Who would see a movies just cause Sam Worthington is in it? He is as replaceable as Orland Bloom was in LOTR and POTC.

Im blaming the writers, the movies they put out thesedays are just junk, there are some good action stars, but the material they are given is absolute trash

Im blaming the writers, the movies they put out thesedays are just junk, there are some good action stars, but the material they are given is absolute trash

Agreed:lecture They just don't make movies like they used to.
As for another Predators flick........yeh..why not.

Didn't blow me away by any means, but I kinda enjoyed Predators. And, I kinda enjoyed Brody in the role, as well. No, he isn't a typical "action star." But then, the action star of today is far different from the action star of the 80s. Now, movie execs are looking for another Jason Bourne, Bale Batman, or Craig James Bond instead of an Arnold or Stallone Rambo type. In that sense, I think Brody did a serviceable job. If there's a sequel, I wouldn't mind him reprising his role for when I watched the DVD.

I thought Brody was good. I'd prefer that he stays on perhaps like a male Ripley for the Predator films...not that I'm expecting there to be a third new film.

None of the Pred films (including the AVPs) had character continuity, so it doesn't matter if they switch gears all together. I'd rather have the movie on earth again, personally. Oh, and I REALLY hope they don't call it 'Predators 2'...

Leave it to the "Aliens & Robots" guys to not only put a movie thread in the collectibles section, but to make it a poll as well.

Well done. :clap

edit: thread moved after this post

Last edited:

Only if we get to see Dutch snap Royce's scrawny neck.

He'd likely snap his hip before he could get to Royce. :(

If they had had just another action star in Predators it would have been even more of a homage to Dutch in Predator. I thought Royce's character was something fresh and different.

You know, I LOL'd at this. Fresh and different Brody wasn't. He did a horrible "Bale as John Connor" impression for the whole ____ing movie. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 If they wanted something fresh and new, they should've cast him as the doctor and found a leading man with the physical strength to actually sell the role of Royce.

He'd likely snap his hip before he could get to Royce. :(

You know, I LOL'd at this. Fresh and different Brody wasn't. He did a horrible "Bale as John Connor" impression for the whole ____ing movie. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 If they wanted something fresh and new, they should've cast him as the doctor and found a leading man with the physical strength to actually sell the role of Royce.
he wasn't playing a body builder, he was a merc/black ops guy. they tend to be on the wiry/slim side. and Arnold had to slim down quite a bit to make his roll as a special forces major look more believable. bulky military guys belong in videogames.

he wasn't playing a body builder, he was a merc/black ops guy. they tend to be on the wiry/slim side. and Arnold had to slim down quite a bit to make his roll as a special forces major look more believable. bulky military guys belong in videogames.

I know many of these types of people personally and I didn't even buy Brody's attempt at that. At best, he was a poor man's John Connor.

I HATED predators. And im a massive fan or Predator, loved Predator 2, and can handle the AvP films (just barely), but i really disliked predators. Every single character was so cliched, and poorly written. I know Predator was kind of cliched, and Predator 2 was pretty cliched (danny glover's "burned out cop", bill paxton's "young, new guy") but that was years ago, and Rodriguez seemed to really hype up Predator as the "real sequel to Predator" as if he thought Predator 2 wasnt worthy of recognition. Then he made a basic rip off of Predator, with worse characters, worse acting, and worse creature designs.

Of course this is all just my opinion, but the whole film just annoyed the hell outta me for the above reasons. So i really, really hope Rodriguez doesnt follow through with this. Im sure, sadly, it'll be churned out still with all the other money hungry sequel/remakes.

Brody is probably the best 'actor' to have been in a Predator movie.

It's irrelevant. Been saying this for a minute. Predator movies aren't dialog driven, thought provoking dramas. They're action/monster movies. So Brody's acting prowess didn't mean ____ in the end. Just like an actors muscular physique wouldn't mean ____ in a dialog driven, thought provoking drama.

Predators got mixed reviews and it also failed at the box office domestically. It made less money than both the original Predator & AVP. It never hit #1 either, something both Predator & AVP were able to do.

So exactly how did having "probably the best actor to have been in a Predator movie" help Predators!?

Enjoyed Predators and found it to be one of last summers best movies for me personally. I also thought Brody did just fine in the role and pulled it off for me just fine.

Hope this movie will be released, the first film was great.

Wonder if they will follow up on Royce & Isabella trying to get off that planet?

Back