Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three things I have zero interest in are:
- statues;
-"limited articulation" action figure;
- 1/8 scale.

A combo of the three is just killer.

Going back to the original debate: I can live with visible elbow and knee joints. On the other hand I'll hate to have the figure stuck in straight pose just for the sake of not rouning the rubber. I have plenty of these (4 Vader with all the pleather, Death Troopers with rubber suit and so on..) and ...no, just no.

Oh, I'm certainly not giving up on begging for a 1/6 Lurtz figure!

Same here! I was actually I little relieved when I saw the scale. When I first saw it I was torn thinking I finally have my 1/6 Lurtz but he is virtually a statue. I am probably still going to get it especially if Asmus says they are making more Urks in that line.

Okay guys, calm down please :lol

First, it is obvious that Asmus is diversifying its production lines trying to increase its profits, but that does not mean, far from it, that it is going to abandon the 1/6 scale figures. This is precisely what has enabled them and continues to enable them to be successful as a company.

Second, Asmus has production options to keep busy for several more years at least. Let's not forget that they will reissue many characters in their Crown Series line, which has turned out to be an absolute success, that they will continue to launch figures of secondary characters and also that there is a renewed interest in the saga on the occasion of its 20th anniversary, together with the upcoming Amazon series premiere, giving them still new characters to craft.

Third, we'll have an articulated 1/6 scale Lurtz, that's for sure. Asmus has said several times in his Facebook posts in recent weeks, mostly responding in comments to users and buyers, that in 2021 we would have a 1/6 Lurtz / Uruk Hai figure. Asmus literally said he "promised", he was just asking us for a little more patience, so let's be patient. It could even be the second figure in the Crown series.

Lastly, Asmus has proven to be a resilient company that listens to its followers and has known how to evolve, adapt to market needs and progressively improve the quality of its products, as demonstrated by the latest figure from Gandalf the Grey. Let's have a little faith in Asmus. The only thing they have to do to continue to be successful and be even more competitive, is to focus their attention on maintaining and raising the level of quality of their products, especially the headsculpts with rooted hair and their painting.

So in short friends, calm down. We will have an articulated 1/6 Lurtz in 2021, Asmus has very good future prospects and the quality of their work is getting better and better. As Aragorn says in Helm's Deep 'There's always hope' :aragorn

Do we actually know that they've got the license to produce figures from the Amazon series? I hope they do. (It's entirely possible I missed an announcement. I don't pay a lot of attention to the world. :lol)

Because it would have to be a separate license, given that their deal for these figures is with Warner Bros./New Line and any deal for the new show would be with Amazon. I could see some of the bigger figure companies potentially wanting to get in on the license because it's very likely that show's going to arrive with some buzz. So there may be a fair amount of competition.

Last edited:
Not the be the bearer of bad news, as I have been a supporter of Asmus from the very beginning... BUT, they have a long track record of making promises and then not delivering. Starting with the promise of Gimli their first year. And the Frodo replacement head that never came -- even promising several time frames over the years. Also, the Gandalf the White replacement head. I'm sure others here could add another instance or two. So to say something is definitely coming, unless you work at Asmus, well that is just pure speculation.

I hope you are right. Just as I hope to one day receive my Frodo head replacement.

Not the be the bearer of bad news, as I have been a supporter of Asmus from the very beginning... BUT, they have a long track record of making promises and then not delivering. Starting with the promise of Gimli their first year. And the Frodo replacement head that never came -- even promising several time frames over the years. Also, the Gandalf the White replacement head. I'm sure others here could add another instance or two. So to say something is definitely coming, unless you work at Asmus, well that is just pure speculation.

I hope you are right. Just as I hope to one day receive my Frodo head replacement.

I hate to rub it in, but a replacement for their second batch, green-eyed Frodo... :monkey3

There's also the incomplete "build-an-Orc" campaign... :monkey2

I've been a big fan and customer of Asmus, as well. I've also tried to be honest with my critiques and reviews. I've also expressed how they have definitely been improving with just about each subsequent release.

As for Lurtz, he really will be displayed in four poses:

1. Walking
2. Drawing his bow (taking out Boromir)
3. Museum pose
4. Sword-fighting Aragorn

None of which really requires spidey-like posing. Covered joints preferred but if not, then make sure that the joints blend in naturally.

The argument is with the rubber material possibly breaking down, over time. Well, I can see the jointed areas possibly having their paint stripped/damaged if moved around too much, as well. Both have their pluses and minuses. But either way, we'll finally have our Lurtz!

Yes, this is going to be a brand new line.

I thought you guys would be pumped! Seeing this would means a 1/6 Lurtz is happening too (both figure are based on the same digital file)

Just 1/6 scale is so much more difficult to develop, it has to be a seamless articulated body, real hair, skin texture all over the body,
and those simple but actually very complex uruk-hai ranger outfit. Metal weapon(s).

1/6 is the most difficult toy to produce in the planet....:gah:

I thought you guys would be pumped! Seeing this would means a 1/6 Lurtz is happening too (both figure are based on the same digital file)

PLEASE make it so. It is always encouraging when you come here and tell us so. But as you know it does not always come to pass.

Is there anything you can share about the 1/6th Lurtz progress in terms of where it is in the development stage? I know you've said it will be presented in 2021, is that still possible?

If we get a 1/6 Lurtz, we need a Amon Hen Aragorn to go with it and Boromir 2.0. ;)

Just 1/6 scale is so much more difficult to develop, it has to be a seamless articulated body, real hair, skin texture all over the body,
and those simple but actually very complex uruk-hai ranger outfit. Metal weapon(s).

Thank you so much for sharing this information guys, we really really appreciate it. I suppose that we're so excited to get new LOTR figures that we didn't realize what the 8" Lurtz statue could be meaning for his 1/6 line. So go ahead friends, in Asmus we trust! :yess:

I'm glad to see Asmus confirming a 1/6 scaled Lurtz. I also like the seamless "articulated body" description. Take your time, do it right. No rush.

If we get a 1/6 Lurtz, we need a Amon Hen Aragorn to go with it and Boromir 2.0. ;)

Yes! Was wondering why you guys made Gothmog before Lurtz. Amon Hen Aragorn & Lurtz please! :pray:

Also wouldn't mind if you guys made his elbow seamless but his shoulder regular jointed. That way maybe you guys can include swap out arms that aren't seamless. Seamless bodies are on the fragile side of thing. Would hate to see it start to tear apart.

15525188047ce60b0af3241406ad3304e3a3e57d2d.jpg

pmlotr-06ex_cropped.jpg

Sounds like Asmus is working on it -- which is great -- but if they are still saying ''difficult to develop'' the body and clothing, etc... then I'd say 1/6th Lurtz is still a long way off.

I'm glad they're doing Lurtz but I'm not sure I'll be in for more than a couple of LotR figures in 1/6. Crown Gandalf was my first; a small display of him, a Frodo, and an Aragorn is what I had in mind. If they ever do crown versions of either of those I'd pick them up.

I am excited for all Lord of the Rings even if it is a line I do not get sucked into. I preordered Lurtz but
I tend to not buy statues (or almost statues). Are there other already planned in this line? Will they have more articulation than Lurtz or is they plan for all of them to have limited articulation.

Back