Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would LOVE to see that horse and cart (and fireworks) released some day soon. I've asked about it for years.

Looking at the horse again, I would rather have it with one solid neck than the strange breaks added for poseability.

I would seriously consider getting another Frodo just to seat him next to Gandalf.

Gil-Galad would be on top of my list.
Isildur for sure, but not whitout Elendil.
Haldir full suited for Helm's Deep would be great.
I'd love both Hama and Gamling to go with the King, but they're minor so I doubt we'll see them.
Godorian guard of the fountain will be a guilty pleasure.
Orcs any day, any way.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

All those possible characters would be great releases, for sure. However, from my point of view it had better that Asmus worked on the main characters of the triology, giving us Crown figures of Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Theoden, Gandalf the White or the Hobbits, besides dfferent Uruk Hais and orcs, gondorian and rohirrim soldiers. Only after have made that, Asmus should think about release figures of other second characters that appears for a few seconds in the entire triology. That's my humble opinion :D

I believe that the best way to ensure a successfully continuous line would be to intersperse secondary and tertiary characters in between the main character releases.

As far as I'm concerned, the "Crown" line means the best and most accurate head sculpt possible. The head sculpt will be the main factor in my decision to pick up or pass on the figure.

I agree with that.

Asmus could absolutely still have a lot of figures coming, but they need to do it the right way. Outside of Helm's Deep Legolas, they have nothing announced, so it seems like a good time for them to lay the ground work for the road forward.

They should definitely announced what the next Crown figure will be. I know a lot of people are expecting Gandalf the White, but I think for the sake of diversity in the line, they should make Aragorn next. Doesn't matter what version, but I think it would do some good to not have the Crown series be the Gandalf series, since they clearly aren't doing more than one a year, maybe longer. I would think Aragorn next makes sense, then Gandalf the White.

After that, plan the road forward focusing on different lines, blending major, secondary and generic characters as you've said. I think it makes sense for Asmus to continue and close out the Helm's Deep run they've been on. Since Helm's Deep Legolas is coming, I think it would make sense for them to announce Haldir and Gamling as companion pieces to what's out, and then Galadhrim soldiers to round out the line.

Then move into some other areas of LOTR. Amon Hen - reissue Ranger Aragorn with an updated sculpt and such, then let's get some Uruks going. Lurtz, Ugluk and a generic guy for some battle scenes. Then do more Last Alliance characters. Gil-Galad, Isildur, Gondorian foot soldiers and finally Sauron. Then they can move into some ROTK stuff. A new Eowyn is very sorely needed. Can do some generic Ithilien Rangers and their lieutenant to Farmir, Damrod. Merry and Pippin in their Rohan and Gondor armor.

That should keep Asmus busy through 2022, when they can announce a new Crown figure of Gandalf the White or Frodo or something. Then they can shift into the upcoming Amazon show. Would be a good road map for them to follow to ensure they can keep this line going for another five years.

I agree with that.

Asmus could absolutely still have a lot of figures coming, but they need to do it the right way. Outside of Helm's Deep Legolas, they have nothing announced, so it seems like a good time for them to lay the ground work for the road forward.

They should definitely announced what the next Crown figure will be. I know a lot of people are expecting Gandalf the White, but I think for the sake of diversity in the line, they should make Aragorn next. Doesn't matter what version, but I think it would do some good to not have the Crown series be the Gandalf series, since they clearly aren't doing more than one a year, maybe longer. I would think Aragorn next makes sense, then Gandalf the White.

After that, plan the road forward focusing on different lines, blending major, secondary and generic characters as you've said. I think it makes sense for Asmus to continue and close out the Helm's Deep run they've been on. Since Helm's Deep Legolas is coming, I think it would make sense for them to announce Haldir and Gamling as companion pieces to what's out, and then Galadhrim soldiers to round out the line.

Then move into some other areas of LOTR. Amon Hen - reissue Ranger Aragorn with an updated sculpt and such, then let's get some Uruks going. Lurtz, Ugluk and a generic guy for some battle scenes. Then do more Last Alliance characters. Gil-Galad, Isildur, Gondorian foot soldiers and finally Sauron. Then they can move into some ROTK stuff. A new Eowyn is very sorely needed. Can do some generic Ithilien Rangers and their lieutenant to Farmir, Damrod. Merry and Pippin in their Rohan and Gondor armor.

That should keep Asmus busy through 2022, when they can announce a new Crown figure of Gandalf the White or Frodo or something. Then they can shift into the upcoming Amazon show. Would be a good road map for them to follow to ensure they can keep this line going for another five years.

Mate, I like the way you think.

If the next Crown series figure is Aragorn, I will be expecting a newly sculpted, amazing looking head sculpt. A Helm's Deep Aragorn sculpt with Tibetan wool hair-do ain't going to cut it.

Perhaps because they have so many newly released figures, are they waiting to announce the next wave? Just this year alone, I've picked up Crown Gandalf, Galadriel, Elven Warrior, Elven Archer and Gothmog 2.0. That was 5 releases in a span of a few months. Aside from Gandalf, the others were very quick between pre-ordering and shipping. Add to that the Helm's Deep Aragorn and newly announced Helm's Deep Legolas and it's been quite a year for Asmus, so far.

Perhaps they are working on the next wave of figures and want to have pre-order to shipping times closer than the ridiculous 2.5+ years seen with Hot Toys...

Take your time, Asmus. Take time resolving any issues and continue to offer the best LOTR figures possible.

ORCS, Orcs, ORCS -Generic or otherwise- just more baddies!!!
i'd much rather buy 1/6 figs from you Asmus than have to buy static statues from Iron...
lord-of-the-rings-archer-orc-thumbnail-sg1.jpg

lord-of-the-rings-armored-orc-thumbnail-sg2.jpg

lord-of-the-rings-swordsman-orc-thumbnail-sg1.jpg

I want that too!

Unfortunately, with the shipping price increase, I fear we won't be getting Lurtz or Gollum let alone something like a Moria orc.

I fear more core character redos in the future. Which means my collection is finished. I do not plan to upgrade my LOTR figures, only expand.

Yawn. Isn't there like a million LOTR statues at this point in every conceivable size and style? [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yawn. Isn't there like a million LOTR statues at this point in every conceivable size and style? [emoji1787]

The big yawn is the fact that everyone is begging Asmus for a 1/6 Lurtz and they come out with a 1/8 statue with "limited articulation" and still call it an action figure.

The big yawn is the fact that everyone is begging Asmus for a 1/6 Lurtz and they come out with a 1/8 statue with "limited articulation" and still call it an action figure.
Yes, it's a bit disappointing. I get they are trying to expand their lines with statues and Funko Pop type items as I'm sure there is a market for it all but I'm definitely eagerly awaiting a 1/6th Lurtz!!

Back