Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far its a solid, big, old yes to Legolas and Gimli, they are already under developing.

Yes to Elrond (Next year)

Not sure about Kili and Fili....The Hobbits are really really cold in the market.... even for big name hero like Bard...

And more orcs are coming !

More Orcs!!!? :yess:

Any chance Lurtz is coming this year?

Is Asmus considering orcs like Grishnakh and Snaga?

May I present an Orc for consideration.... the Orcs Boss:

mordor_boss_orc_white_eye.JPG

So far its a solid, big, old yes to Legolas and Gimli, they are already under developing.

Not sure about Kili and Fili....The Hobbits are really really cold in the market.... even for big name hero like Bard...

:rock

Can't wait to see Legolas and Gimli, and Elrond and Orcs! :thud:

I hope Theoden, Eomer, and Faramir are coming as well. Particularly a Two Towers Faramir.
If we don't see characters like this I can only think that we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I know in the Asmus original plan that they wanted to do characters that weren't made. Here we are years later and they have pretty much made the whole fellowship.

If we don't see characters like this I can only think that we have nobody to blame but ourselves. I know in the Asmus original plan that they wanted to do characters that weren't made. Here we are years later and they have pretty much made the whole fellowship.

Wait a minute, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Don't we actually only have three members of the actual Fellowship released: Merry, Pippin and Aragorn? =P

And I couldn't be happier. Asmus has quickly become my favorite company. Yes they still have some kinks to work out but they are on the verge of doing something Sideshow tried to do in multiple formats and failed to do, create the entire fellowship. Throw in the fact that we have gotten villains as well and for the most part the quality gets better with every release and it makes it a great time to be a 1/6 Lord of the Rings collector.

And I couldn't be happier. Asmus has quickly become my favorite company. Yes they still have some kinks to work out but they are on the verge of doing something Sideshow tried to do in multiple formats and failed to do, create the entire fellowship. Throw in the fact that we have gotten villains as well and for the most part the quality gets better with every release and it makes it a great time to be a 1/6 Lord of the Rings collector.

Oh I totally agree. This line is the only one I am collecting right now.

Well Gandalf the gray just got teased, we know Legolas is in development since we saw the sculpt, and given we have Merry and Pippin its not a stretch to know they will be offering Frodo and Samwise soon (just a matter of sculpts and clothing now that the body has been worked out). The only real let-down so far was the original announcement like two years ago that Gimli would be part of the "first 5" figures and that never happened. But Asmus has stated that he's well into development so fingers crossed on him. Truthfully, I'm most excited about Gimli since we've never seen a good 1/6th version of him offered.

Great news!! Please, please, PLEASE, make it a Fellowship council Elrond! This is the most iconic incarnation and yet we haven't seen this version anywhere as a high end collectible (Weta did both of their statues in armored form).

i wonder how eowyn sold?

while there are many characters to choose from, it would be cool to see at least another female in production aside from the disaster that was tuarial.

Heck yeah. As long as we get Thorin and Bilbo from the Hobbit I think you guys can put that to rest. I can't see anyone else having the sales potential.

Now in regards to Elrond? I'm stoked. Armored all the way, those colors would look phenomenal on a 1/6 figure.

Thanks for the insight George!

Would anyone be interested in a twin pack young & old Bilbo? I think this would be the only way old Bilbo would be made (plus Asmus get some more mileage out of their hobbit sized body)
Really would like old Bilbo for the camp fire idea I have planned for the hobbits. Hopefully Sam will come with his cooking gear

Back