Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
So even though I'm a little mad at Asmus right now (comment on the hat and staff damnit), Wor-Gar has started one of these threads in the Star Wars/Marvel sections and it's led to some fun conversations, so let's get one going here.

What will the next Lord of the Rings figure reveal be?

Between the cosbaby thing and confirmation that one was in production, Arwen is probably a good guess.

Personally hoping they keep the Helm's Deep theme going and they announce Haldir and Galadhrim Archers/Warriors next.

Take your best guess and win one million internet points or five Canadian dollars and a coupon to Bennigan's, winner's choice.

I think they said Legolas is coming? Their FB also said 1/6 in standard and exclusive version and they said here that Legolas Helms Deep will come in standard and deluxe.

Yup, they did say Helm's Deep Legolas is coming as well. So we know that and Arwen are being worked up, but...which one will be next? And when?

What about Thranduil 2.0 with throne? teased about 10 months ago
attachment.php

My wish would be Lurtz, Ian Holm Bilbo or a new Eowyn (either a Shieldmaiden 2.0 or a her Edoras green dress version).

But I think we'll see the Helms Deep Legolas and perhaps wedding dress Arwen.

We have heard and seen info on the following to some extent

Helms Deep Legolas
Arwen 2.0
Thranduil 2.0
Nazgul 2.0 or rerelease
Uruk Hai is being worked on
Frodo is supposedly going to have another run with at least new paint
I believe they mention Merry and Pippin as well. I don?t think they mentioned Sam but I would love for them to take another crack at him
Azog at one point (might have been a statue though)
Gandalf the White 2.0
Gollum

I think those are all the ones we have heard about. Not sure how many are still being planned. With that being said and how the Prologue elves came out of no where and came out pretty fast my guess is there are a few being worked on that are not on that list. I would love an Eowyn 2.0 but I don?t know how high that would be for them. They seem to like the prologue stuff so I would say any character from the Last Alliance is a possibility. Also another possibility might be the goblin armor Frodo and Sam. I also think Haldir and Lothlorien soldiers are in the works.

Last year, during Helms Deep Aragorn, they also said that Aragorn King/Black Gate is coming in 2021. That was on one of their FB replies. I supposed we won't see anything until the Helms Deep Aragorn is sold out? I'm looking forward to this one as well.

What about Thranduil 2.0 with throne? teased about 10 months ago
attachment.php

Figure, yes, but they were pretty clear that the throne was not going to be available for sale, just a display piece for themselves for conventions and things like that.

Will be next: Probably Helms Deep Legolas
Should be next: Sauron

Think it will probably be Helms Deep Legolas next (who I do want). There are loads of figures I want from this line, but my most, most wanted figure would be an Ian Holm Bilbo - would love it if that was announced. Gandalf the White, Gollum and a new Eowyn would also be much appreciated! :D

Oh and Merry and Pippin in their Rohan and Gondor outfits too! :)

Lots of love for Eowyn. I'm sure if they release her again, they'll go for the shield maiden look. Would be cool if they released a new Rohirrium Rider version of her too. That last one needed a lot of work. They've learned a lot since they, would be nice to see a better looking version of that too.

Im certain we will see them in this order:

1. HD Legolas (most obvious)
2. Lurtz/Uruk Hai (needed for HD and talked about 2021 being year of Uruk Hai)
3. Thranduil 2.0 (tailoring was already prototyped, needs a new head and easy release)
4. Gollum and maybe Frodo update (talked about)
5. Arwen 2.0 (talked about)
6. ROTK Aragorn (talked about and Anduril has been made already)
7. Crown GTW (continuing the second Crown figure as GTW makes sense)
8. Isildur/ Numenorean
9. Haldir/ Galadhrim
10. Ringwraith/ Witch king ROTK 2.0 (inevitable)
11. Elrond in robes (hinted and easy since head is done)
12. Sauron (talked about)

What I would like to see:

- Thranduil armor re-release
- Mirkwood Infantry
- Tauriel 2.0
- Strider with new head /crown release or otherwise
- Moria orc 2 pack
- Radagast
- Saruman 2.5
- ROTK Merry and Pippin
- Boromir 2.0
- Rivendell Knight/guard easy repaint of Prologue Warrior to silver armor
- Yazneg/Fimbul on warg
- King of the Dead/ Oathbreaker/ Men of Dunharrow
- Gil-galad
- Elendil
- Figwit/ Lindir (just for fun!)

Haldir/Galadhrim is too far down on that list. Dislike.

I know, it’s the hardest to predict and bit of a monkey wrench. It could be right around the corner considering Prologue Warrior and archer revealed and released so quickly or could be a longer delay. I have a feeling Asmus are partial to the elves and they must enjoy tailoring their wardrobe.

Back