Next Lord of the Rings figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad face ... not 1/6 scale.

Whenever I saw those Orc statues recently I was really hoping they were 1/6 scale. I was tempted to get them for background characters but they are just way too small for my collection. I try to stick to 1/6 sale exclusively.

I also want the 1/6 scale Orc characters as mentioned above.

Looks like The Grinch's Isengard cousin. Let's hope they don't use that sculpt as the base for the eventual 1/6th version!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That 8” Lurtz looks great too bad. This only makes the 1/6 Uruk-hai figure the more anticipated. I can wait.

Where did that image come from? Not sure why they think they have to go seamless. I forget which company has all the different size articulated bodies. They are releasing one now that is huge. Their joints are well hidden. Team up with them and use one of their more muscular bodies. Either dye or mold the body in the correct color and manufacture the sculpt, clothing, and weapons.

Last edited:
51FDFF1B-BC7E-4D57-8572-C6112E9D6A40.jpegMaybe the 8” Lurtz scales with the Diamond Select line.

Where did that image come from? Not sure why they think they have to go seamless. I forget which company has all the different size articulated bodies. They are releasing one now that is huge. Their joints are well hidden. Team up with them and use one of their more muscular bodies. Either dye or mold the body in the correct color and manufacture the sculpt, clothing, and weapons.

Facebook. And it's not seamless, because theres no articulation. It's a glorified statue that you can very slightly rotate the limbs on, no bends.

But when they do eventually make a 1/6 Lurtz, I won't buy it unless it is seamless.

A seamless Lurtz is essentially going to be a statue anyway, I don't think you'll be happy with that. They'll need to use rubber arms and legs to get the look right, and there's zero chance that doesn't crack if you want to do anything that isn't a museum pose. Hot Toys stuff barely holds up and let's face it, Asmus is not Hot Toys quality. Not yet.

If I had to guess, they probably went this way after realizing they couldn't pull off a seamless Lurtz.

A seamless Lurtz is essentially going to be a statue anyway, I don't think you'll be happy with that. They'll need to use rubber arms and legs to get the look right, and there's zero chance that doesn't crack if you want to do anything that isn't a museum pose. Hot Toys stuff barely holds up and let's face it, Asmus is not Hot Toys quality. Not yet.

If I had to guess, they probably went this way after realizing they couldn't pull off a seamless Lurtz.

You'd still be able to do way more with it than you would with that statue though.

I hope this isn't the Lurtz that Asmus was promising for this year. I do not need a seamless Lurtz. And I'd prefer it is not rubber skinned. Some of you guys are going to detail yourselves right out of a good figure.

I feel like Asmus is expanding into areas that I have no interest -- smaller figures and expensive Crown figure repeats. I fear resources are growing thin as Asmus tries to find a reliable revenue source. I fear my 1/6 LOTR collection is just about finished.

Maybe Asmus is better off moving to the 8 inch line. It is the future.

The mini Lurtz is up for sale. He's on BBTS already.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/164007

No interest for me, but I hope they find a market for him. I always want Asmus to be successful so they'll keep making the stuff I like. Really hoping they can scale this guy up to 1/6, though.

As for vinyl arms and legs (like Hulk) vs visible joints -- I'm on the fence. As long as it's done well. For me it's always about the execution. Let's see what they come up with.

I just hope this isn't another Azog situation - when it seemed like they were going to make a figure but then ended up announcing a statue and then never spoke of it again.

I don't know if they'd get the body paint to work right on a seamless body anyway, I'd prefer it if it had joints.

I feel like Asmus is expanding into areas that I have no interest -- smaller figures and expensive Crown figure repeats. I fear resources are growing thin as Asmus tries to find a reliable revenue source. I fear my 1/6 LOTR collection is just about finished.

Agreed...I'm not liking this trend of Qbitz and statues popping up. As I laid out recently, they have a very easy road map to be sustainable with sixth scale for a while to come - especially considering there will be renewed interest in LOTR with the Prime show that is on the horizon. They need to sustain themselves for now...statues and cosbaby things are not the way.

They would know better than us if 1/6th is sustainable. Maybe it just isn't. Maybe a Grima Wormtongue and Lurtz and even Gollum just won't sell well enough. Maybe we're too far gone from LOTR -- literally 20 years ago. And the Fellowship is finished, most central bad guys done. Asmus is left with mostly third tier characters that just don't command sales and certainly don't garner new buyers.

I agree, renewed interest is likely if the new show is good. Of course, then the focus will be on the new show... like Mando.

For Asmus to grow, they need to expand their buyers pool beyond those regular customers building their LOTR collections. 8 inch and Cosbabies seem like a natural way to go.

Of course it's also possible that they're actually expanding as a business, rather than reallocating their resources. They do seem to be putting out a fair number of figures a year at this point.

Of course it's also possible that they're actually expanding as a business, rather than reallocating their resources. They do seem to be putting out a fair number of figures a year at this point.

Its still a bit of a kick in the balls to everyone thats been asking for a 1/6 Lurtz though, which is a lot of people form what I've seen.

Gimli was on the very first Asmus List for 2013 for the 5 characters coming. It took another 5 years to get made.

Lurtz has been being asked for since 2014. I don't believe Asmus ever presented another list like that again.

Asmus LOTR 5-3-13.jpg

Back