• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sideshow Exclusive Lord of the Rings Premium Formats, Maquettes and SSW For Sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always makes me sad when I see collections like this getting sold off. I had to do once though selling off all my 1/6 figures.

Good luck with your new home though :)

Page 6 to page 1 bump.

Price drop on the Duel of Light and Fire diorama. I was packing the dio up, and a small part of the diorama broke (one of the sculpted flames). I'll try and explain it the best I can:

Both of the Balrog's wings are seperate components. One of the wings came off easily enough. The second wing was lodged in pretty tight, and wouldn't you know it, was right near a sculpted flame (really, an engineering / design flaw). I just knew that this was trouble waiting to happen, and literally spent twenty minutes moving and wiggling the wing little by little, hoping it would come out gently. It finally did, but ended up tapping the flame lightly, breaking it. The good news is that it is an EXTREMELY clean break, and looks like it can be easily glued back on, or even left off, should one desire. I've included some pics:

This is a pic of where the wing attaches (the sculpted flame is above where the wing joint is...not really clear in this picture. You can see the broken piece of the flame in the background).

xp1maa.jpg

The break is right above the slot for the wing (sorry, I tried to take as clear of a picture as I could).

2f038g5.jpg

The following pictures are of the sculpted flame. The first picture is one of me holding the broken part of the flame flush against the part of the Balrog's body. The following two are of the two seperate pieces:

4l52tt.jpg

2djdixu.jpg

2v9yi5v.jpg

Price dropped to $160, plus shipping.

Reasonable offers will be considered on all remaining pieces. Best case scenario, I accept; second-best, I counter offer. Worst case, I say no. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
Back