NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ! How can I identify if it's the 2016 version or 2013 version just from the packaging ?

It's an original, not customized or modified) though Jye's cape is custom made).

The difference is it's from the rereleased second batch that started popping up in 2016. Not the 2013 one. You can still buy it depending on the store. If it's like Bigbadtoystore or Calendars.com you'll definitely receive the one Jye posted pics of.

And what's the difference in the 2016 reissue version ?

It's an original, not customized or modified) though Jye's cape is custom made).

The difference is it's from the rereleased second batch that started popping up in 2016. Not the 2013 one. You can still buy it depending on the store. If it's like Bigbadtoystore or Calendars.com you'll definitely receive the one Jye posted pics of.

Thanks ! How can I identify if it's the 2016 version or 2013 version just from the packaging ?

No problem, it can be a little confusing since the packaging didn't change.

The 2013 one looks like this,

IMG_6621.JPG

No twist tie around the waist.

The one you want, the 2016 one, looks like this,

IMG_6620.JPG

Twist tie and plastic around the waist.

Another way of knowing is the batch number. On the bottom of the box above the UPC you want the following number.

IMG_5427.jpg

That's the 2016 version.

And what's the difference in the 2016 reissue version ?

- Matte finish on the cowl
- better painted eyes (brighter, straighter)
- better painted headsculpt
- longer cape (trade off is they didn't cut holes into it to put the batons in)
- smoother movement in the joints, especially in the waist
- new boot cuts allow for ankle pivot and ankle rocker

Thanks ! That's very helpful !

No problem, it can be a little confusing since the packaging didn't change.

The 2013 one looks like this,

View attachment 329937

No twist tie around the waist.

The one you want, the 2016 one, looks like this,

View attachment 329938

Twist tie and plastic around the waist.

Another way of knowing is the batch number. On the bottom of the box above the UPC you want the following number.

View attachment 329939

That's the 2016 version.

- Matte finish on the cowl
- better painted eyes (brighter, straighter)
- better painted headsculpt
- longer cape (trade off is they didn't cut holes into it to put the batons in)
- smoother movement in the joints, especially in the waist
- new boot cuts allow for ankle pivot and ankle rocker

Maybe you've gotten this before, but you should change your name to crazy, lol.

NECA nailed the likeness and the details of the entire suit head to toe. They absolutely TRASHED Hot toys in nearly every way except the mouth area.

Hot toys should really attempt the 89 again. Maybe they'd finally get it right. Their 89 is as bad as their first attempt at RoboCop to me, haha. It's embarrassing.

Everyone LOVED the Hot Toys version when it came out. To trash it now seems rather silly.

I still love the hot toys version. One of my favorite figures with 89 Joker

Theres so many things wrong with the HT Batman though... Smooth cowl, one piece rubber suit when it really should be an spandex/wet suit with the armor parts glued on top. Gold belt.

For sure there are room for improvements but I love the 89 hot toys. I would love to be able to pose him in other heroic positions but overall he is in a suit very much like Keaton wore so the mobility is pretty close. The cowl is too smooth but I can accept that.
Theres so many things wrong with the HT Batman though... Smooth cowl, one piece rubber suit when it really should be an spandex/wet suit with the armor parts glued on top. Gold belt.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jDuw4arGp3PioqGr1
I'm new to this so I'm not sure if i did this right or not, but i was wanting to share an awesome pic of this NECA 89 Batman i took, imo this figure nails Keaton's likeness even better than HT, Soon I'll post pics of the custom cape i made for this figure as soon as i find out if i did this one right or not, I'm a noob to any forums any help would be much appreciated.
Thanx

YJrorBTXJR2yo6YwQiO8vgZGvQu_vcaCZ8FqoZiIQXGemSmUgaHnUCDpRtTn-5xevp4jCB4WNelKXiYcYWfr20SLjLslSPzK1_8ljah82VJw3LONwn3BtfnCQY1Xhe9Rut0RixS8tw=w359-h637-no

here you go mate

right click

copy image address

third icon from the right on message bar

copy image address into that
unclick the tick for remote something or other
and you should be done :)

im sure someone can explain it better than me

but until then good luck and nice picture

Last edited:
I hope Neca does a re-release for the 30th anniversary this year. I still think they can do alot better on the face (make it shorter/rounder) and the neck on the cowl needs to be thicker.

^That's one thing they improved on the 7 inch TRU exclusive.

Disappointing that a Returns version seemingly isn't happening. Shoulda made that instead of the '89 suit since Penguin and Catwoman are from Batman Returns and no Nicholson Joker was ever possible.

1/1 prop replicas of the Batarang, grapple gun and steel gauntlet spear shooter.

FD65F65B-4EF3-42D5-A1A4-EA2CF4C2666E.jpeg

I’m getting that ****.

Definitely want the batarang and grapple gun. Presumably these will be hard to get in the UK. :(

Back