1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman and Batcycle Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just their standard FOMO tactic. Hot Toys doesn't say we're making "x". It all depends on pre-orders. So SS is trying to force pre-orders. No doubt because they are low.

It's no different to someone here making a run of a custom xyz. You want people to pre-order so you know how much materials you need to order to cover the run.
I mean from what has been mentioned before they definitely don't want to have anymore stock stuck in their warehouse like before. So cutting it low makes sense seeing as how many don't like this figure.

I mean from what has been mentioned before they definitely don't want to have anymore stock stuck in their warehouse like before. So cutting it low makes sense seeing as how many don't like this figure.
Sure, it leads to the same outcome. Forcing people to order through FOMO.

Don't forget it's a business here as well. Hot Toys or SS won't sit there and do nothing if pre-orders are low. They need to cover their basic costs as well.

I wonder if there are ever cases where preorders are so low that it ends up being cost prohibitive and a risk to even manufacture a figure.

To date, every figure that has ever gone up for solicitations and preorder has been manufactured. I wonder what it does to Hot Toys and Sideshow when the numbers for preorders are at an all time low.

Just their standard FOMO tactic. Hot Toys doesn't say we're making "x". It all depends on pre-orders. So SS is trying to force pre-orders. No doubt because they are low.

It's no different to someone here making a run of a custom xyz. You want people to pre-order so you know how much materials you need to order to cover the run.
It works though, I’m fomoing hard…

And I don’t think it’s a standard tactic. Recently we’ve seen a lot of PO go to waitlist, way before release.
It would be very sleazy if they suddenly open a waitlisted PO close to release.

I wonder if there are ever cases where preorders are so low that it ends up being cost prohibitive and a risk to even manufacture a figure.

To date, every figure that has ever gone up for solicitations and preorder has been manufactured. I wonder what it does to Hot Toys and Sideshow when the numbers for preorders are at an all time low.
I'd say they just take a loss. There are many where I've thought "really" you're going to make that which literally no one was asking for.

1). Hellboy
2). Those artistic versions of IronMan

the list goes on.

God knows, they make a killing on simpler figures like Star Wars troopers etc. so they have to be ahead in the end.

It works though, I’m fomoing hard…

And I don’t think it’s a standard tactic. Recently we’ve seen a lot of PO go to waitlist, way before release.
It would be very sleazy if they suddenly open a waitlisted PO close to release.
Sure perhaps not standard, but seems to be a tactic they have been using recently.

Other smaller distributors also simply use the straight up method of having a cutoff date for pre-orders. Kit does this.

But SS is in a different position of course.

so is the HT variant blue or not? From the pics it just looks grey and black.
5B3A02D7-8E0F-46DD-8567-7E11F65A72FD.jpeg

Best to check out Regan's video of the real thing without any blogger photoshopping etc.

Seems there are blue tinges here and there. The cape also seems to be a bluish hue.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 09.07.12.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 09.06.35.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 09.05.56.png

Here's the full video.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's worth it to buy it and paint it black to be like the concept from the previous page

Best to check out Regan's video of the real thing without any blogger photoshopping etc.

Seems there are blue tinges here and there. The cape also seems to be a bluish hue.

View attachment 658250

View attachment 658251

View attachment 658252

Here's the full video.

It looks def more blue than the promo pics, but this is also under a white light. My issue is the sudden cut betweeb the cowl and cape. Not only that, but the colors of the cowl vs the cape arent even the same!

But I have a feeling that the color difference will be a easy fix for HT.

Really holding myself back for PO’ing this because I can’t support the way they mistreated Batfleck, AGAIN.
DA1AE71A-EBB4-498D-AACD-A5CE3E36CEA6.jpeg

I know I’m going to prefer this suit over the tactical one. As a stand-alone figure, this looks more like classic Batman and I love the Justice League cowl.

View attachment 658250

View attachment 658251

View attachment 658252

Here's the full video.

Thanks for the link.

I really love the blue on this figure,my big problem with it is the honecomb/mesh type armor really throughs me off as does the body to a lesser extent. As some have pointed out maybe if the honeycomb armor bits were a different color this would look much better.

Not sure how to best do this, but if the relationship between the cowl and cape were made less abrupt/severe somehow, it would go a long way to making this better looking IMO

Back