NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to see your painted version.
I've posted it several times but here

IMG_20161125_223901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why would you doubt it?

Well, it's been almost 3 years since 1/4 Penguin came out, there's already a 2nd version of it but not the slight sign of a 7" version of any of those.

They claim to not have the license for 7" figures, but then you see 7" '89 and Begins Batman, Reeves Superman and Ledger Joker.
I'd say those were special and rare occasions and that it doesn't apply to other 1/4 figures.

It's defenitely not a sure thing that NECA will do Penguin or Catwoman in 7" form. I doubt it.

I've wanted a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman figure hard for more than 20 years now. How long do I have to wait for it and rely on supposition ("if Neca does a 7" fig...")??
I'm tired of "if's", "when's" and waiting..

The best thing to do is get her 1/4 fig and be happy with it.

Why would you doubt it?

IMG_6276.JPG

This 2nd release sold me too. Thanks for the video!

I was gonna get the 7" one, but I need Catwoman more than Batman itself.
As I doubt Neca will ever release a 7" version of the Cat and, even if it does, the 7" one will never have the same level of detail the original 1/4 does, Imma get 1/4 Catwoman and, therefore, 1/4 Batman (this one) to go with it.

Maybe I'll get Mayor Penguin too.

Get both scales. The 7" Batman looks great next to the 18" one. If you shop around, you can get the 7" Keaton for a pretty good price. It's too bad you don't live in the US. The Toys R Us stores around here seem to get a new shipment of the 7" Keaton every other week it seems. One of them actually has an end cap that has 7" Keaton, Ledger, Reeve, Bale and VG Harley as well as 1/4 Keaton and Bale. It's crazy. Someone is abusing the whole "loophole" thing, clearly.

While I'm sure a 7" Catwoman could be amazing, it is an uncertainty. Look at how they passed over Penguin when everyone was clamorong for him and did Bale and Harley instead. Who knows what they'd cut as far as accessories go too. I bet they wouldn't include her alternate head with a 7", which is by far the best thing about this figure.

Last edited:
Get both scales. The 7" Batman looks great next to the 18" one. If you shop around, you can get the 7" Keaton for a pretty good price. It's too bad you don't live in the US. The Toys R Us stores around here seem to get a new shipment of the 7" Keaton every other week it seems. One of them actually has an end cap that has 7" Keaton, Ledger, Reeve, Bale and VG Harley as well as 1/4 Keaton and Bale. It's crazy. Someone is abusing the whole "loophole" thing, clearly.

While I'm sure a 7" Catwoman could be amazing, it is an uncertainty. Look at how they passed over Penguin when everyone was clamorong for him and did Bale and Harley instead. Who knows what they'd cut as far as accessories go too. I bet they wouldn't include her alternate head with a 7", which is by far the best thing about this figure.

My priority is Catwoman. I'd base the scale of the Batman figure on Catwoman's. If we got her 7" version, I'd get 7" Batman... and vice-versa.
As it's clear that we won't get 7" Catwoman, I'll get the 1/4 one and, subsequently, 1/4 Bats to go with it.
I like both scales of Batman; both excellent figures, but I don't need the same Batman twice.

And yes, if we were to get 7" Catwoman, that scale wouldn't have the same level of details. Not only the second head, but also those cool threads coming out of her jumpsuit...

The original Penguin was released in September 2015. It's only been a year and a half. Don't lose hope yet. For all we know they've been saving the 7" Returns trio for the anniversary this year.
They have to do Returns Batman in 1/4 and so far he's not planned this year. In fact this year is very low key for DC 1/4s. All we know as of right now is just Wonder Woman and that's it. But maybe SDCC will surprise us with Returns Batman.

The original Penguin was released in September 2015. It's only been a year and a half. Don't lose hope yet. For all we know they've been saving the 7" Returns trio for the anniversary this year.

Oh, I coulda sworn it was released in 2014. Still... Sadly, I doubt 7" Penguin and Catwoman will ever see the light of day.

I'll give Neca the benefit of the doubt one last time: if nothing is announced at SDCC in July, I'll get the trio in 1/4 scale and that's it.

Don't forget, last year Randy said they already scaled down and tooled a 7" Penguin, so there's atleast a prototype out there somewhere. People will just have to wait and see.

Where are you buying 1/4 Catwoman and 1/4 '89 Keaton from WGD? You're in Brazil right?

Oh, I coulda sworn it was released in 2014. Still... Sadly, I doubt 7" Penguin and Catwoman will ever see the light of day.

I'll give Neca the benefit of the doubt one last time: if nothing is announced at SDCC in July, I'll get the trio in 1/4 scale and that's it.
They won't announce that far ahead. Heck the Begins and Harley wasn't even announced. Someone would them in TRU in early November of last year.

Don't forget, last year Randy said they already scaled down and tooled a 7" Penguin, so there's atleast a prototype out there somewhere. People will just have to wait and see.

Where are you buying 1/4 Catwoman and 1/4 '89 Keaton from WGD? You're in Brazil right?

I remember Randy saying that, lmao. Still he replied me on Twitter saying they "don't have the license for 7"", when I asked about 7" Catwoman. lmao

Right, but I yearly visit the States during my holidays. I also have friends there that can get me them.

They won't announce that far ahead. Heck the Begins and Harley wasn't even announced. Someone would them in TRU in early November of last year.

lmao, that's true!

Hell, I'll get the trio in 1/4 and it is what it is. And whenever - if ever - they announce Penguin and Catwoman in 7", I'll see what I will do.
Tired of waiting.

Oh that's right, sorry my brain was fried i'm still recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning.

Yes he looks great, was it expensive to get done?

Who did it for you?
Twayne did it wasn't that expensive

Where his lips ever that bright while in costume?

Regarding his cowl scallops going by this photo it's ok if the tip isn't flush to his cape, the tip is sticking up here but of course he's battle damaged.

IMG_8976.JPG

Hi is this the original one from neca ?
Or is it a custom version modified from the original neca ?
I love it, where can I find more details on what's been upgraded ? And who can I approach to get one for myself ?

OMG
OMG
OMG

Run, don't walk, run to buy the updated 1/4 89 Batman!!!

Difabio was 100% accurate in his description of the upgrades/changes whatever you want to call them. :lol

I immediately noticed the changes as soon as I looked at him inside the packaging!

What the hell NECA, why didn't they do this version on their 1st release, the entire cowl and head are immediately noticeably different! Look at my sig to see the shine on the cowl from the 1st version then look at the matte black on the new one.

Just like DiFabio said there is additional articulation but I also noticed that it has a smoother motion to it all.

He arrived near mint, 2 small nicks on his cowl.

But his emblem is super sharp clean unlike my 1st version.

BAM!

View attachment 324226

View attachment 324227

View attachment 324228

View attachment 324229

View attachment 324230

View attachment 324231

View attachment 324232

Holy fast AND FREE shipping from Calendar!

DiFabio. :bow

Hi is this the original one from neca ?
Or is it a custom version modified from the original neca ?
I love it, where can I find more details on what's been upgraded ? And who can I approach to get one for myself ?

It's an original, not customized or modified) though Jye's cape is custom made).

The difference is it's from the rereleased second batch that started popping up in 2016. Not the 2013 one. You can still buy it depending on the store. If it's like Bigbadtoystore or Calendars.com you'll definitely receive the one Jye posted pics of.

Back