NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the re-releases of 1989 Batman, Catwoman and Penguin are going to feature face printing technology. Also, where's the long-promised Returns Batman?

I wonder if the re-releases of 1989 Batman, Catwoman and Penguin are going to feature face printing technology. Also, where's the long-promised Returns Batman?

It was in the expectation of a Returns Batman that I passed on the '89 one. I doubt he'll be happening now though. I'm surprised these are even being reissued so I've jumped on this immediately.

Definitely recommend Catwoman to anyone who didn't buy her last time. Excellent figure - although not the most stable. In addition to the little stand that comes with her I also use a Hot Toys DX10 stand with a waist grabber to hold onto her leg.

It was in the expectation of a Returns Batman that I passed on the '89 one. I doubt he'll be happening now though. I'm surprised these are even being reissued so I've jumped on this immediately.

Definitely recommend Catwoman to anyone who didn't buy her last time. Excellent figure - although not the most stable. In addition to the little stand that comes with her I also use a Hot Toys DX10 stand with a waist grabber to hold onto her leg.

Yeah I was surprised with this seeming reissue of these Batman/BR figures! :panic: While not my favorite iteration of Batman, I like its relatively simple design, albeit not as much as others. I'd def like a representation of '89 or '92 Batman, but I couldn't settle on any figures; I was intrigued wth the mezco, but the seamless body update as opposed to how they're traditionally made was off-putting to me. I was impressed with the 1/4 AK Batman, so I'll def be interested in this one.

Yeah I was surprised with this seeming reissue of these Batman/BR figures! :panic: While not my favorite iteration of Batman, I like its relatively simple design, albeit not as much as others. I'd def like a representation of '89 or '92 Batman, but I couldn't settle on any figures; I was intrigued wth the mezco, but the seamless body update as opposed to how they're traditionally made was off-putting to me. I was impressed with the 1/4 AK Batman, so I'll def be interested in this one.

Yeah the Mezco has managed to disappoint us even just going from one prototype to the next prototype. I have it ordered but I may not go ahead with it if the final product lets us down any further.

Is that confirmed? Is it only Mayor Penquin?

Well it seems to be. I don't know why Sewer Penguin wouldn't have been put up for order at the same time as the other three figures.

I also missing the Penguin lair jumpsuit version the first time around, would be great if NECA re-released him, too. Pretty sure they also have another Penguin headsculpt that was shown off on the prototype featuring a slightly different expression.

Could anyone on Twitter ask Randy if these figures will be in any way modified from their previous release (face printing technology, new cape for Batman, improved hips, new accessories)?

I hope the Arkham Knight Batman gets a re-release too, heck, I hope all of them do. The aftermarket prices for the 1/4 Batmen is insane.

Exactly, I was looking at getting NECA or Hot Toys ‘89, and with Hot Toys it was too expensive to risk how well the eBay seller took care of it for the rubber suit to gamble, and the NECA prices are too high.

I just want a nice Keaton Batman in my collection. I have the 7” NECA, but some things didn’t translate through the shrinking process, and the cloth cape throws off the look. The 18” version is one of the best ‘89 Batman pieces you can get.

If they can rerelease these does that not mean they could yet make something new in 1/4? I mean I still wouldn't say no to a Returns Batman - I just assume he isn't going to happen.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised they're going to rerelease these, if I'm not mistaken they mentioned their 1/4 figure line halted.

These figures were excellent in quality and value. Neca was the only company to issue 2 different versions of the Penguin and a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman in an affordable 1/4 scale. I just wish they had followed through with a 'Batman Forever' line-up or a Nicholson Joker.

These figures were excellent in quality and value. Neca was the only company to issue 2 different versions of the Penguin and a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman in an affordable 1/4 scale. I just wish they had followed through with a 'Batman Forever' line-up or a Nicholson Joker.

Yeah, Im really surprised not to see a Nicholson Joker to follow this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Nicholson is expensive, and I believe that's why QC on the Hot Toys figures wasn't the best, they had to spend so much for his face, they cut back in other areas. NECA has only so many ways to offset the cost.

Back