NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope they make another one of these figures one day. Seems like it’s nearly impossible to find now unless you are willing to pay huge $$. Wish I got it when it was released!

So, at this point, NECA will never release the 7" versions of Returns Catwoman and Penguin? Or has there been any new rumour about it?

It seems like NECA is done with DC figures for sometime now. The only ones they released in recent memory was the Comicon Exclusives ones where it was Batman vs Joker Alien, the Green Lantern vs predator and those have been in the works for a long time. I haven't seen any new DC 1/4 scale figures for awhile (I was really hoping they would do TDK Batman and Bane but Randy seems to dislike that movie). Seems like Randy is focusing on his favorite stuff like Turtles and BttF.

They did show off some pretty interesting prop replicas (89 stuff, BTAS, Arkham games) at the last comic con. I remember hoping they would do 1/4 BTAS stuff which I think would be a major hit but I'm guessing the 1/4 stuff wasn't a big seller for them.

It seems like NECA is done with DC figures for sometime now. The only ones they released in recent memory was the Comicon Exclusives ones where it was Batman vs Joker Alien, the Green Lantern vs predator and those have been in the works for a long time. I haven't seen any new DC 1/4 scale figures for awhile (I was really hoping they would do TDK Batman and Bane but Randy seems to dislike that movie). Seems like Randy is focusing on his favorite stuff like Turtles and BttF.

They did show off some pretty interesting prop replicas (89 stuff, BTAS, Arkham games) at the last comic con. I remember hoping they would do 1/4 BTAS stuff which I think would be a major hit but I'm guessing the 1/4 stuff wasn't a big seller for them.

That's sad... I really really want a 6-7" Returns Catwoman figure... The 1/4 NECA one is crazily perfect, yes, but way too big for my taste, sadly.

That new 6" Mattel Returns Penguin is great, I hope they give us Catwoman... Judging by the quality of Penguin, it would be a great Catwoman figure.

TRU going under probably destroyed the licensing loophole they used to make 7” DC figures. I really wanted Catwoman and Penguin too.

Maybe some day they could be offered through LootCrate or something similar, since they were able to include that gold 7” Keaton Batman in one of them.

adc447_dd9300b77d2148138ed8ca23dbb7380b~mv2.png

TRU going under probably destroyed the licensing loophole they used to make 7” DC figures. I really wanted Catwoman and Penguin too.

Maybe some day they could be offered through LootCrate or something similar, since they were able to include that gold 7” Keaton Batman in one of them.

I scream every time I see something like that being produced over real characters.
:banghead :monkey4 :pfft:

Yeah. If they had to use the Kenner loophole, something like this would’ve been rad.

51Pbk0XMRiL._AC_.jpg

Or shrink down the 1/4th scale Mayoral Penguin and give him colors based on the original figure, just to get the mold in 7” scale.

710hU5ZHCUL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Definitely! I'd prolly buy a 7" version of that Kenner Catwoman, which I own myself. A bigger version of it would be easier to have customised, as the face would be bigger, therefore easier to have repainted, as would the stitches.
It could turn out to be a decent figure.

Just saw on BBTS and Dorkside, looks like NECA is doing a reissue of this and 1/4 Returns Catwoman and Penguin if anyone's interested. $125 now.

I had to miss on the first 2 releases of the '89 Batman, so excited this happened, don't feel like paying double or triple on eBay.

Just saw on BBTS and Dorkside, looks like NECA is doing a reissue of this and 1/4 Returns Catwoman and Penguin if anyone's interested. $125 now.

Just pre ordered Catwoman and Batman, thanks for the heads up!

So, I was going to jump on this. Then I looked and realized I have no space for a 1/4 figure. So yay for you guys!

Glad they are releasing this again for people who missed out. I have the original release and I will order Catwoman to go with him since I missed her. Might have to get Penguin too.

Saw this on their instagram. Might pick up Bats to compliment Catwoman, or get another Catwoman. The crazy sculpt likeness is better than Sideshow or Tweeterhead.

Back