NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8699.JPG

IMG_8711.JPG

IMG_8728.JPG

Last edited:
Excellent shots Jye. Slowed the hell out of my laptop but it's getting on in years. This is another figure whose stock levels I routinely keep check on at BBTS.

NECA's run of great 1:4 scale figures is driving me insane with the 'will I/won't I'. I can't decide what's stressing me more:

-Not buying them and missing out on them permanently since I'd be even more reluctant to pay aftermarket prices.
-Buying them and potentially starting off a whole new branch of collecting that I'll be struggling to restrain in the future (the whole 'oh I bought this so now I guess I have to buy that' process)

You should do it. They're nice. Unique too and still a relatively small line (only Batman, two Penguins and Catwoman).

And once again, Jye's pics are great. The way the light hits the suit and belt is just perfect. Better than NECA's studio pics even.

Last edited:
Like the idiot that I am I just deleted some of those pics on all of my devices and from the post! :slap

FML

Thanks for the kind words.

Buy him a-dev lol

I have my lighting techniques down, I just need a DSLR now.

NECA should hire me lol

Last edited:
His playability has increased 10 fold due to his increased ankle articlation and smoother straighter hip joints and ab back and forth.

I can get him in some very wide yet stable stances.

I'll show that tomorrow.

I am having a blast with him.

The new batch ones don't have the slits. The trade off is they made the capes longer for the new ones as opposed to being shorter.

I'm almost weary to buy anything right away from Neca anymore. It seems like they always end up re-releasing **** later on new and improved.

Kinda starting to piss me off, TBH. Just get it right the first time.

Skipped their latest 1:4 Predators for that reason - sure they added in LEDs but they're using the old style bodies with less articulation than they are putting into the latest 7'' figures. It's the reverse with Terminator - the Ultimate T-800s can't really be said to be definitive because the 1:4 scale figure has a new mid-torso joint - now they have to make the Super-Mega Ultimate figures!

IMG_8875.jpg

IMG_8886.jpg

IMG_8890.jpg

And yes I just finished making a video of him spinning on the turn table like that, should be finished later today :yess: after my son's homework. :lol

Would you believe that the cape is just balanced on the rod, no slit being used, no tape or glue of any kind, just balanced perfectly on a crazy posed arm with rod, it took an hour just to do that! Even in the video it was just balanced!

I didn't want to mess up the cape with any adhesive so the hard road it had to be.

Had I used tape that cape would've been perfectly aligned. But honestly i'm very happy with the results.

Seriously why am I not working for NECA again? :lol

Last edited:
Back