More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Hot Toys has given up on SUPERMAN RETURNS...I was hoping we'd get at least the silver "Krypton" suit Superman but oh well.

At least we got the fantastic 2-in-1 figure and Jor-El to round it out...if this is indeed the end of it then they finished on a real strong note.

At least we got the fantastic 2-in-1 figure and Jor-El to round it out...if this is indeed the end of it then they finished on a real strong note.

Yup! And who woulda thought we woulda ever got a Superman the movie Jor-el?:cool:

I suppose they could TECHNICALLY pump out a black suit Jor-el But we'll see.

IMG_9195.jpg

IMG_9149.jpg

IMG_9158.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9181.jpg

IMG_9185.jpg

AWESOME PICTURES!!! Great action shots. Amazing job

I thought this thread could do with a bump - if for no other reason than my Supes arrived yesterday. Sure, the poses are uninspired but at the moment these are my only 1/6 scale figures and I'm pretty new to it all. In about a week or two though they'll be joined by Indy, the Joker will have a new, bank robbing head and I'll be wondering exactly how I'm going to be able to afford the rest of my orders - Iron Man III, Two-Face and a Stormtrooper (not to mention a custom Michael Caine Alfred).

As for the figure itself, I'm really happy with it. The pattern on the suit is much more subtle on mine than it seems on some of the other pictures I've seen, but I'm ok with that. It's really interesting to read the past comments about how much better the flexible boots are than the first version, and then compare them with the TDK Batman boots which are really soft and allow for much more ankle articulation (maybe a bit too soft!). The head sculpt is great - maybe not as detailed as the Bale sculpt (especially in terms of the skin texture) but it's still really cool - I have only seen Superman Returns once so can't really say whether or not it's a great likeness of Brandon Routh - from the few pictures I've googled it's not perfect, but I really just wanted a great Superman likeness, not necessarily one that was movie-perfect, so I'm really happy.

With the advancements that HT has over the past couple of years, I'm sure that they will make a much better Superman figure, in terms of body proportion and face likeness, from the upcoming Superman movie.

I agree.

Also I have a feeling that the reason we were not getting any Superman Returns figures past what we have gotten is because originally "Man of Steel" was supposed to be released in 2010...so they were probably preparing for that. Now that there is a reboot, if HT hasn't let the license expire we could see a couple of more releases from this license to bridge the gap since the next Superman film isn't due out until 2012 from the latest reports.

HT was hinting at a Lois Lane for a while and we could use a Lex and a Returns Kryptonian Arrival suited Superman.

I got my first supes (V1.) last week and I love it. I'm considering V2 to complete the line / possible a medicom version......one Kent (V2.) will be plenty. Unfortunately, evil-bay prices are not worth considering. I'll wait for a better deal to come around.

I got my first supes (V1.) last week and I love it. I'm considering V2 to complete the line / possible a medicom version......one Kent (V2.) will be plenty. Unfortunately, evil-bay prices are not worth considering. I'll wait for a better deal to come around.

I suggest you the HotToys V2 instead of the Medicom.
If you like the HT SupermanV1 you will love the V2. Personally I can assure that.
If you are going to complete the line, The Clark Kent version (the original, not the one which comes in Version 2) is a good choice too.
Hot Toys is definitely the best choice. But of course you have the last word, if you like Medicom, go get it, but ask the rest and choose.
Good luck ;)

I suggest you the HotToys V2 instead of the Medicom.
If you like the HT SupermanV1 you will love the V2. Personally I can assure that.
If you are going to complete the line, The Clark Kent version (the original, not the one which comes in Version 2) is a good choice too.
Hot Toys is definitely the best choice. But of course you have the last word, if you like Medicom, go get it, but ask the rest and choose.
Good luck ;)

I'm not a huge Superman fan but V1. is a classic figure. Reviewing the pics V2 seems to be on par (if not better than) V1. Something I like about the Medicom but not 100% sold.

Do you have (or had) V2 and Medicom Supes?

I'm not a huge Superman fan but V1. is a classic figure. Reviewing the pics V2 seems to be on par (if not better than) V1. Something I like about the Medicom but not 100% sold.

Do you have (or had) V2 and Medicom Supes?

I don't have the Medicom Version, but a friend of mine has it.
I 've HT Superman V1 and V2, also HT Clark Kent and Jor-El.
When I had the Medicom Superman in my hands I just simply saw the tremendous differences between both products.
The Medicom version was OK, but i saw and feel it more like a toy and I didn't like the face sculpt :(
The HT is much more impressive to me, because of the proportions, the sculpt and the body.

In this forum, we had an eternal discussion about what was better, if HT or Medicom. I definitely recomends HT. :)

I don't have the Medicom Version, but a friend of mine has it.
I 've HT Superman V1 and V2, also HT Clark Kent and Jor-El.
When I had the Medicom Superman in my hands I just simply saw the tremendous differences between both products.
The Medicom version was OK, but i saw and feel it more like a toy and I didn't like the face sculpt :(
The HT is much more impressive to me, because of the proportions, the sculpt and the body.

In this forum, we had an eternal discussion about what was better, if HT or Medicom. I definitely recomends HT. :)

I'm sold on the V2, I love the new suite and "tan" Superman. The V1 face sculpt seems better but I can live with it. Thanks for the feedback :rock2

I'm sold on the V2, I love the new suite and "tan" Superman. The V1 face sculpt seems better but I can live with it. Thanks for the feedback :rock2

I'm the other way, I'm not fond of version 1 head - the eyebrows seem too high, like a womans false painted eyebrows.

Hey all, just bumping this do show you all something I did with one of those new Hot Toys figure holders... Which I know a few of you aren't fans of, anyway they are perfect to pose a floating Superman on! I just thought some of you might like to try it with you figures...

DSC02881.jpg

Hey all, just bumping this do show you all something I did with one of those new Hot Toys figure holders... Which I know a few of you aren't fans of, anyway they are perfect to pose a floating Superman on! I just thought some of you might like to try it with you figures...

DSC02881.jpg

if you have a medicom stand, use that. personally i think it works better.

Yeah, I tried that, but they are wobble and I don't have the displaying name plate and stand, which looks a million times better than the Medicom Toys stands! Besides I hate anything to do with Medicom these days... Everything they make breaks!

Back