More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really hoping that with Man of Steel seeming to be in pre-production hell that HT will revisit this line and give us a Lex, Lois and Arrival Superman.

Is it possible or likely for them to do that? Not sure I'd be particularly interested in those extra characters but then, up to a few weeks ago, I wasn't interested in getting any superhero 1/6ths at all.

Now I've got 2 Superman 2in1s and a version 1 Clark on the way.

Is it possible of course, they have the license and as long as it didn't expire I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Is it likely? Depends if HT is willing to really squeeze the cash of it or if they are willing to just let it die and wait for the next one to eventually show up

Bored took a pic.

023-1.jpg

Cool pic bro! I'll tell you what I just can't stop messing with this Superman - simply amazing representation of Superman. Simply amazing.
As for more figures... Zod would be AWSOME!!!! Lex would be a welcome but my all time favorite to see in sixth scale would be Metallo (animated version in "real world" style). Now that figure would kick butt.

Got my Clark Kent today! Ah the joy of gazing for the first time through the window cover on a new Hot toys figure. Truly, having these figures in hand is a much different experience to seeing people's photographs - you think you know how much quality there is when you look at pictures - perhaps you think "well its alright" - and then you get it yourself and you are blown away.

Amazing figure. Hopefully I'll have Superman tomorrow.

Thanks for that Shaun, I might just preorder one or both of those bodies. I'm considering ordering a 2nd 2in1 Supes from BBTS in addition to the order I have off toys2 (which I assumed and hoped would have arrived by now considering its already out).

Hi a-dev, I just picked up the Hot Toys True Type Caucasian and Asian nude bodies, it looks like the Caucasian's skin tone would be a better fit. I've pix here.

I'll try to take a pix of the Caucasian's neck attached to HT CK's head soon, for a better gauge.

Excellent thanks for that follow-up, you've gone beyond the call of duty.

I did order both true-types off toys2 a week back...plus the Clark I received today...well yesterday considering I'm typing this after 5 in the morning due to a pathological lack of self discipline when it comes to going to sleep when I really ought to.

I guess I'll be using the caucasian truetype for the 2in1 Clark and I intend to give him Version1's coat. The other spare body I'll keep..well...spare. Maybe for a future figure or maybe to fit 1/6th clothes from other figures that I'm not using at a given time - in order that they aren't dumped in a box somewhere maybe losing their shape.

I'm hoping to create Bruce Wayne at some point with the spare head from TDK Batman - those Saturday toys Men in suits look fantastic - hopefully Ill be able to get one of those. That may not require the use of my spare truetype body though.

Excellent thanks for that follow-up, you've gone beyond the call of duty.

I did order both true-types off toys2 a week back...plus the Clark I received today...well yesterday considering I'm typing this after 5 in the morning due to a pathological lack of self discipline when it comes to going to sleep when I really ought to.

I guess I'll be using the caucasian truetype for the 2in1 Clark and I intend to give him Version1's coat. The other spare body I'll keep..well...spare. Maybe for a future figure or maybe to fit 1/6th clothes from other figures that I'm not using at a given time - in order that they aren't dumped in a box somewhere maybe losing their shape.

You're welcome. V1's coat on 2in1 CK's suit will look quite nice.

I'm hoping to create Bruce Wayne at some point with the spare head from TDK Batman - those Saturday toys Men in suits look fantastic - hopefully Ill be able to get one of those. That may not require the use of my spare truetype body though.

From the preview pix of the body that comes with Saturday Toys Mens Suits...

s01ab03bf6.jpg

You'll most likely need the alternate neck piece from the HT True Type to connect Bruce's head to the body.

Last edited:
Excellent. I shall have no worries then. Now I can't wait to get my true types because.....

I got one of my 2in1 Supermans today and I am thrilled with this figure. I'm jumping on the Superman bandwagon so late because I was initially put off by what I thought was an overly skinny, even boyish body on this figure. But yet again I find my impressions based on pictures to be thrown out the window when confronted by the overall sheer quality of a Hot toys figure in hand. The figure is a little bit too skinny I would maintain but I would now urge anyone else not to allow that to stop them buying this figure while they still can. BigBadToyStore and Toys2.net still have them and damn I'm impressed by the speed of delivery (of instock items). I'm pretty sure I only ordered Clark and Superman last week, I live in Ireland, and I have them already.

So, what about this guy allows me to forgive the slightly too skinny torso and limbs?

- The realisation of the outfit

The material looks accurate, its all cut beautifully, fits the body well, and it doesn't hinder poseablility. The cape hangs very naturally and responds to gravity just like the real cape would. The S logo is perfect and, along with the boots, is beautifully detailed.

- aforementioned poseability

This figure can take on any Superman pose you can think of.

- the headsculpt

It may not look exactly like Brandon Routh but it is at the least 'Routh-esque' and an excellent Superman face. Meanwhile the alternative Clark headsculpt, neither an improvement nor a disimprovement on the previous one, provides a different 'Clark-esque' expression, a smirk not unlike Reeve's smirk when he reveals the crushed bullet in the original movie (when he gets shot by a mugger).

- the hands

Sometimes the hands that come with human 1/6thers can be very basic, undetailed shiny things - not so here. The fists on Superman are excellent as are the spare Clark hands.

- the clark outfit

Once again amazingly realised. And its cool to have 2 of the outfits he wore in the film. I can't wait to get my true-type body to fit these clothes. I already have in mind a good pose to put him in - that'll be one hand adjusting his glasses. Its gonna look great next to shirt-ripping Clark

- the Superman returns suit

It was great in all fairness. I think the smaller S was the better way to go aswell as the darker blue and red. Ultimately its still an absurd way for a man to dress, superhero or not, but with suspension of disbelief the right design choices were made in keeping it definitively Superman but slightly less naff.

Any word on where to get custom crystals for this guy and Jor-El? I thought i saw a thread somewhere a while ago i want some!!!

Yeah thx i was just searching again and found that looks a bit outdated though. The crystals look neat though.

Back