How is Hot Toys Hellboy II Holding Up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's still good, apart from the knees. I have the perfect pose, so they're just glued together.

It's not the weight, BTW, it's not a massive load for a joint to carry, just **** quality.

So I have a hellboy coming in a few days! The knees have already been replaced and other than that there is no other damage.

The pants are peeling a bit but there are other hellboy pants on eBay that I’m planning to buy in order to replace.

Quick question tho, I recently saw a video review and the reviewer said that the fingers didn’t move on his..aren’t the fingers on the right hand of doom possible?? He said they weren’t on his; are there alternative releases? It was this same exact hellboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha. I got the email notification of your reply, Anakin, and I thought to myself, "That sounds like a thread I'd have started." Lo and behold, I did start this thread!

...and I never did end up getting Hellboy, mostly because Mezco's looked pretty damn good for such a tiny fraction of the cost that it never felt worth the cost.

Meanwhile, I recently bought the old Hasbro 12-inch Phantom Menace Captain Tarpals with Kaadu (for a ridiculous and unprecedented and uncalled-for third time), and the clothes on Tarpals are subtly peeling, too.

Mezco's Hellboy figures were fantastic in every scale, including 3.75-inch, but the quarter-scale was the best:

Pulpit
by Monte Williams, on Flickr​

My goodness, is that the quarter scale Mezco hellboy? You took off his black shirt huh? Really is a beautiful figure. His face look intense and a lot like perlman. Any cons to the figure other than its size?

There were variants; this one didn’t have the shirt.

As for issues:

Articulation was VERY limited; some parts were rotoscope/hollow if memory serves. No leg articulation at all, I’m pretty sure.

The head broke off mine, but I fixed it.

So basically it was best served looking pretty on the shelf.

I really am more of a statue guy anyway. Even when I do buy 1/6 figures I tend not to pose them in any dynamic pose. Well it’s super nice.

Yeah, it's a sharp figure. I ended up selling it to a friend, if memory serves.

I like articulation, but increasingly I am more concerned with sculpt; Walking Dead collectors were upset when McFarlane changed the scale and limited the articulation of those figures, but they looked better and photographed better, so I was happy.

Yeah I was checking out your website and your photography is very impressive! I’m actually going to check it out some more tonight. Sort of what I want to end up doing with my collection, and it’s funny because my wife and I were just talking about taking pictures of them last night. I bet you can do this professionally for companies like hot toys inside show.

Are used to care about articulation as well, now I’m all sculpt. What bothers me the most is how fragile I figure might be, so I love statues but I prefer PVC, like Interbay black label Bruce Lee. That is one special sculpt and the detail is phenomenal. And it’s nice knowing that it’s not going to break if it accidentally falls.

Thanks for the kind words, man.

I bet you can do this professionally for companies like hot toys inside show.

A very generous suggestion, but those jobs typically involve indoor photography, which I am comically ignorant of; I don't know anything about camera settings or lights or any of that hocus-pocus, I just let nature do all the work for me, ha ha.

Yeah, it's a sharp figure. I ended up selling it to a friend, if memory serves.

I like articulation, but increasingly I am more concerned with sculpt; Walking Dead collectors were upset when McFarlane changed the scale and limited the articulation of those figures, but they looked better and photographed better, so I was happy.

That’s an impressive picture. I thought it was a set picture at first. You are seriously talented! :clap

Back