1/6 Hot Toys - Prey - Feral Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. While no one will know exactly why this figure’s been priced the way it was, it does seem like it’s set up for disappointment. It’s a shame too since Pred’s are what got me collecting Hot Toys in the first place back when you used to have to build these things.
I'm the same, started my HT collection with Predator figures.
My collection is currently entirely Star Wars, but even with an OT focused collection, I'm losing interest in collecting Star Wars. I'd love to rebuild my Predator collection. A brand new Predator release would be awesome but not this particular Predator and not at this price.

I've noticed that. There is interest out there for this figure but there's a whole lot of "not at this price" comments.
I hope this release doesn't do badly though. I suspect if this release isn't a success, HT might be very hesitant to produce an updated Jungle Hunter.
They did release the teaser for a potential Jungle Hunter 2.0 eleven years ago so I'd say they are as hesitant as they ever could be. :lol

They did release the teaser for a potential Jungle Hunter 2.0 eleven years ago so I'd say they are as hesitant as they ever could be. :lol
And then never commiting to the "Fugitive" from The Predator after showing a prototype.
I'm quite surprised they're doing this "Feral" Predator, even though Prey was successful.
If this figure fails I can see them not coming back to the Predator franchise.

And then never commiting to the "Fugitive" from The Predator after showing a prototype.
I'm quite surprised they're doing this "Feral" Predator, even though Prey was successful.
If this figure fails I can see them not coming back to the Predator franchise.
Regardless of the Predator design, Prey was a good film (despite a few issues). It's much more worthy of getting a figure release than the pile of crap that was The Predator.

Regardless of the Predator design, Prey was a good film (despite a few issues). It's much more worthy of getting a figure release than the pile of crap that was The Predator.
I agree with that, Prey is the more deserving film, I just meant that as they've previously abandoned planned figures, such as Fugitive (never did a Chopper 2.0 either) makes me think the Predator line is on thin ice.

Is the 14.5" height accurate for this predator?
According to this link; Feral Predator Feral is 7'6
The actor playing him is one of the shorter Predator actors at 6'8 so who knows how tall Feral actually was on film.
14.5" seems a little small for the figure if the character is meant to be 7'6?
According to the wiki link above, Mr Black was 7'8. City Hunter was also 7'8 as was Jungle Hunter and Wolf Predator.

Last edited:

Someone told me back in the day ( someone can correct me if I am wrong here) that HT changed the main Predator sculptor after the P2 Elder 1.0. ( What an amazing figure on all levels)
I know many people were super unhappy with the P1 Predator headsculpt. ( I don't know if HT ever re-released him in the years I was out of the hobby like they did with some of the AVP ones) I was unhappy with Wolf's molded on gauntlets and leg armor. Maybe HT should have stayed with the better sculptor ( again, someone else here can correct that if that's wrong)

IMHO, it's more than just general interest. HT has to really hit it out of the park with the ones they do make. I mean they tried, initially, to release the Falconer Predator WITHOUT the falcon. Only hobbyist backlash got them to finally relent to add in a falcon. It's like they were begging people not to buy the Falconer ( And I didn't on preorder like most other figures I got at the time, I got him on clearance, no shoulder cannon, WTF....I know he doesn't have one in the film, but WTF....)

What might spur some later back end secondary market action on the Feral is if some third party knockoff does a Naru that's done really well. It would kickstart interest after Feral goes through the routine retail cycle.

I agree with that, Prey is the more deserving film, I just meant that as they've previously abandoned planned figures, such as Fugitive (never did a Chopper 2.0 either) makes me think the Predator line is on thin ice.
I thought they might have let the license expire however with them making Feral, it would seem that there is some life left there.

I thought they might have let the license expire however with them making Feral, it would seem that there is some life left there.
Yeah before they showed Feral I'd thought they lost the license too.
Question is, have they had the license all this time without producing a Predator figure or did they recently reaquire it?

According to this link; Feral Predator Feral is 7'6
The actor playing him is one of the shorter Predator actors at 6'8 so who knows how tall Feral actually was on film.
14.5" seems a little small for the figure if the character is meant to be 7'6?
According to the wiki link above, Mr Black was 7'8. City Hunter was also 7'8 as was Jungle Hunter and Wolf Predator.
I don't see a source listed for that height on the wiki, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned on any of the listed references. I've been having trouble finding anything definitive on the net about the Feral Predator's height.

If Hot Toys' scale is to be believed, that puts the Feral Predator at about 7 feet and 3.5 inches.
NECA's "7 inch scale" figure is 8 and 7/8 inches, which would instead put it at around 7 feet 7 inches.

Still looking for a production-sourced height but all I can find is the height of the actor which doesn't tell us anything definitive.

Is the 14.5" height accurate for this predator?

Bot losing sleep over it but it’s a question I’ve trying to find out for the longest, too. There’s too many scale charts that’s different. I didn’t think this guy was taller than the Super Pred’s in Predators or even Wolf, for that matter. Maybe the AvP Trio minus the muscle mass?

Yeah before they showed Feral I'd thought they lost the license too.
Question is, have they had the license all this time without producing a Predator figure or did they recently reaquire it?
hot toys definitely had the license, but they love hoarding licenses and doing nothing with them.

Without any armour to help hide the joints and with that big torso joint, he's looking very action figure like. Seems a bit harsh to call it a 1/6 scale NECA figure but that's what popped into my head looking at these new pics.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1703195954085.jpg
    FB_IMG_1703195954085.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1703195949188.jpg
    FB_IMG_1703195949188.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 0
Oddly enough I think the skin looks better on this figure than on the screen-used suit. More variation in shade and color, plus the exaggerated skin texture helps add complexity.

Oddly enough I think the skin looks better on this figure than on the screen-used suit. More variation in shade and color, plus the exaggerated skin texture helps add complexity.
Looks like HTs used the actual suit as reference shots rather than on screen sources.

Attachments

• 28112022_02.jpg
    28112022_02.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 0
  • preypred.jpeg.png
    preypred.jpeg.png
    919.8 KB · Views: 0
  • tumblr_0761e7b80512da18e46285c1ff745f88_d599d88b_1280.jpg
    tumblr_0761e7b80512da18e46285c1ff745f88_d599d88b_1280.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tumblr_437c6bfbadfe649a26e704ffd30a9385_bd479318_540.jpg
    tumblr_437c6bfbadfe649a26e704ffd30a9385_bd479318_540.jpg