1/6 Hot Toys - Prey - Feral Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Didn't think about that. Still a hot toys pred should never be above $300 tops. Almost $400 is absurd. That's a $200 jump from previous pred figures. :rolleyes:

Could it be licensing costs? The NECA version is also pretty spendy at $40. I know inflation is a thing, but in 2006 that could get you a 12" McFarlane Predator made of solid plastic.
I'm not sure. $40 is NECA's new price point for Ultimates, so it's probably not the best comparison. Disney hasn't inflated Hot Toys' Marvel license though, have they?

It was passed down from Iger. All products have price increases including park entrance and ride fees, merchandise, licensing and Disney Plus subscription costs.

They're so mad obsessed with money that they're churning out inferior products, and overcharging at every turn.

I'm not sure. $40 is NECA's new price point for Ultimates, so it's probably not the best comparison. Disney hasn't inflated Hot Toys' Marvel license though, have they?
Where they could they definitely have inflated the Marvel costs. For example, the Iron Man Mark VI went from $209 to $365 from the first release (non-Diecast) to the latest version, while the Mark VII went from $250 to $433. Granted the newer versions were of higher quality and provided more features, but even if you weren't interested in those extras you still had to pay the high cost.

I can see a world where the sale numbers for this guy influence the chances of us ever seeing more Predators let alone a JH 2.0.

Special one off bodies that they can't reuse is definitely a big factor in the pricing

I can see a world where the sale numbers for this guy influence the chances of us ever seeing more Predators let alone a JH 2.0.

Special one off bodies that they can't reuse is definitely a big factor in the pricing
Which is too bad. I think a lot of people (myself included) would get this guy if we knew that someone was making a Naru figure to pair up with him. I think his sales will suffer without her to accompany him.

Which is too bad. I think a lot of people (myself included) would get this guy if we knew that someone was making a Naru figure to pair up with him. I think his sales will suffer without her to accompany him.
Predators used to be pretty darn popular in HK. They had strong market there hence one of the reason why we used to see so many consistent releases of them. They even had plans to release multiple 1/4 Preds. All stopped with Wolf, makes me wonder if that figure didn't sell too well in HK and they just pulled the plug on everything. That plus the 2018 travesty definitely did not help. I wonder how people there even watched this film, let alone reignite that interest for HT Preds.

Thought I would stop by lol! I use to have a few of the 1.0 preds then sold them all when I thought I was done with figures but then got back into Hot Toys around the time of the 2.0 releases. Owned all 2.0‘s, really awesome figures! Sold them all again to expand Star Wars collection.

Anyways this announcement got me excited but that price is awful, that’s near artisan Anakin pricing. Also why did we never get a chopper 2.0 damn it?

Predators used to be pretty darn popular in HK. They had strong market there hence one of the reason why we used to see so many consistent releases of them. They even had plans to release multiple 1/4 Preds. All stopped with Wolf, makes me wonder if that figure didn't sell too well in HK and they just pulled the plug on everything. That plus the 2018 travesty definitely did not help. I wonder how people there even watched this film, let alone reignite that interest for HT Preds.

The Lost Predator did not sell well ( the green guy). He was poorly conceived. Don't get me wrong, I love him, because I love the entire Predator line. But he was not iconic to a specific film. He needed to rest on a pure coolness factor.

No shoulder cannon, limited accessories, I did enjoy he got one of the trophy skulls at the end of P2 on the big ship wall, but we should have gotten the T-Rex skull instead. He needed more weapons.

Machiko also did not sell well. Then the 2010 Predators line, I don't think Falconer and Tracker sold well. ( I refused to get Falconer on first release, then only got him when he hit clearance. I got a 2nd tracker when his hit clearance too, but paid MSRP for the first one) The 2010 guys were basically statues. They had no articulation ability at all.

Once you move past the established films, and venture in the "concept" zone, the raw "cool factor" has to be paramount IMHO. Lost Greenie should have had a shoulder cannon, a shoulder mounted rocket launcher, a full kill net and net launcher, a riot shield, a plasma handheld assault rifle, a trident and Gary Busey's severed head. I've said this over and over again, simplify the packaging and art work and reduce the size of the box, then jam it full of accessories. Once you add in the cost of the art, the elaborate packaging and sleeve, and the additional shipping costs to move it around in transit, that all adds into the MSRP. Also the hands things befuddles me. Does a guy need 6 pairs of hands? Then give him one extra pair of hands instead and switch the cost factor into adding another gun.

There is a legitimate diesel crisis around the world right now, it's been going on for a while now, and the long term projections don't look good. Now there are periodic cyclical drops from time to time, but the impact bleeds into everything. Everything we use needs to be shipped in by trucks in some fashion. Not just collectibles. This isn't even factoring in ships and fuel for aircraft. The packaging needs to be smaller and leaner. The focus needs to be on the actual end product in the box, not asking hobbyists to support the nominal 10-15 dollar bump for the box and artwork and increased shipping cost.

I'm going to wait to see if the Feral doesn't sell well, then try to pick him off in a clearance, if possible. Maybe I miss out and he's the new grail because of a short production run and the release point times up with a sequel that hits big with fans. But I'll take that chance.

PS I knew the Lost Greenie would sell poorly. I knew it from the time of his product announcement. There was a thread somewhere about him here, and I said HT needs to give the dude some shoulder mounted rocket launchers. Some people said it's not in the film. I pointed out he had some accessories in his actual release photos not in the film. And if they didn't want to use them, leave them in the box or sell them. But the "value" factor has to be present at a certain price point.

There is a legitimate diesel crisis around the world right now, it's been going on for a while now, and the long term projections don't look good. Now there are periodic cyclical drops from time to time, but the impact bleeds into everything. Everything we use needs to be shipped in by trucks in some fashion. Not just collectibles. This isn't even factoring in ships and fuel for aircraft. The packaging needs to be smaller and leaner. The focus needs to be on the actual end product in the box, not asking hobbyists to support the nominal 10-15 dollar bump for the box and artwork and increased shipping cost.
Still boggles my mind why the ultra high-end companies are making bigger, heavier pieces. Life-size Balrog heads, 1/3 T-Rex busts, 1/3 Preda-- actually they can continue those, but the other stuff is simply ridiculous.

*Actually, Prime 1 tripling down on their 1/3 Predators is a little silly. Like you've said, the iconic Predators are understandable, but a $4000 Scar with a 90cm x 90cm base makes one wonder what the company expects. Unless they're so cheap to produce that even selling a few is worthwhile, but they're certainly not cheap to ship.

As much as I hope they don't, I think the sales numbers will have an impact on future releases.

Should have released Jungle Hunter first, or atleast teased him (again!) along side Feral.

As much as I hope they don't, I think the sales numbers will have an impact on future releases.

Should have released Jungle Hunter first, or atleast teased him (again!) along side Feral.
stop GIF

Still boggles my mind why the ultra high-end companies are making bigger, heavier pieces. Life-size Balrog heads, 1/3 T-Rex busts, 1/3 Preda-- actually they can continue those, but the other stuff is simply ridiculous.

*Actually, Prime 1 tripling down on their 1/3 Predators is a little silly. Like you've said, the iconic Predators are understandable, but a $4000 Scar with a 90cm x 90cm base makes one wonder what the company expects. Unless they're so cheap to produce that even selling a few is worthwhile, but they're certainly not cheap to ship.

Chaos_Space_Marine__67943.jpg

The stuff outside of 1/6th range, I'll be honest, I'm less well versed there. But if that's more your area, I believe you if you say that the larger stuff is hitting some kind of saturation point.

But what I mean by reduced packaging is something like this above. If people don't want to truly open it, they can display it for a while. Or they can open it. But minimalist. I get some people are able to buy via brick and mortar, maybe they are lucky enough to live by one of the surviving dealers. But most people are buying online. I get there will be some push/pull to this kind of suggestion, especially by the artists out there who are attempting to make a full time living doing box art, packaging art, etc, etc. But I'd still wager if most people could pick between a more elaborate larger box and the implied added shipping cost, or two or three more cool accessories inside the set, then I believe they'd go for the latter option hands down.

Just my take on it.

From everything I’m gathering on here and in various FB groups, this guy should be marked down sooner than later. That’s when I’ll bite:lol
I've noticed that. There is interest out there for this figure but there's a whole lot of "not at this price" comments.
I hope this release doesn't do badly though. I suspect if this release isn't a success, HT might be very hesitant to produce an updated Jungle Hunter.

I've noticed that. There is interest out there for this figure but there's a whole lot of "not at this price" comments.
I hope this release doesn't do badly though. I suspect if this release isn't a success, HT might be very hesitant to produce an updated Jungle Hunter.

Exactly. While no one will know exactly why this figure’s been priced the way it was, it does seem like it’s set up for disappointment. It’s a shame too since Pred’s are what got me collecting Hot Toys in the first place back when you used to have to build these things.

Back