Hot Toys: The Avengers: Tony Stark (Mark VII suit up version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a laugh out of how much they had to stretch RDJ out so that his feet would reach the bottom of the suit :lol

363298736_669833888513960_576821459954629772_n.jpg

It's like that shot in Naked Gun with legs for days.

https://tenor.com/view/naked-gun-long-legs-legs-gif-27197430

I think the only MCU announcement(s) until Deadpool 3 that will excite me are updated version of TFA/GA/AOU/CW Captain America with all the bells and whistles other figures have recently gotten. Otherwise it's pretty boring to me.

Having said that, I think this headsculpt looks much better than their MK6 2.0 sculpt that looks like some weird wax museum+caricature of RDJ.

Last edited:
Cool idea but yeah a few things look weird - hair, expression and ridiculously long legs. And bummer about lack of full rights for the shirt.

You can tell how played out this iron man **** is by comparing how many pages there are for this compared to the other reveals today.

I like the look of it but I have to admit that some angles makes the sculpt look strange. I don't think this is Tony Stank bad, but it might be a little overly detailed and that's giving him a sunken look. I also think collectors can't handle sculpts with expressions. They say that's what they want, but every time there's a sculpt that doesn't have a neutral expression half the people agree it looks good, half don't.

What, no artisan version? I would have considered it.
Not sure if it’s the forehead or what, but the sculpt looks off to me.

Jericho or cave build Stark would have been better received I think. HT gotta have more suit up figures though. Mk47 opening up seems inevitable at this point.

I get a laugh out of how much they had to stretch RDJ out so that his feet would reach the bottom of the suit :lol

View attachment 651542

It's like that shot in Naked Gun with legs for days.

https://tenor.com/view/naked-gun-long-legs-legs-gif-27197430

Yea, not sure on the expression or look on this headsculpt...I almost expect to see a little drool out of the corner of his mouth like zombie Tony or something...I may pick up the clothing and bracelets from this set though...

Jericho or cave build Stark would have been better received I think. HT gotta have more suit up figures though. Mk47 opening up seems inevitable at this point.
Cave Stark is what I'm waiting on. They're making more versions of Tony from such minor scenes that I think it's an inevitability that we'll see this someday. Saves me the trouble of having to make a custom.

i would like a mk50 suit up which would be easy & they could make up the value with bd pieces for the standard mk50 , but i think a 42 suit up not just pieces is more likely first.

Unbelievable to say but I might actually get this. As long as they fix that awful sculpt and I can get a proper Metallic t-shirt. I wish they would do casual versions of all the Avengers. They are pretty close. Only Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow left. That’s a good idea for a thread, what casual look would you want for the Avengers.

Back