How is Hot Toys Hellboy II Holding Up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monte Williams

Super Freak
Reaction score
Despite the terrifying prices he commands on eBay, I am still tentatively interested in this figure:

review_hthellboy_12.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Michael Crawford).

I know his articulation is limited because bending his arms too much can rip his skin, so I'm curious:

How is your Hot Toys Hellboy figure holding up?

Is the skin still in good shape? Do you ever pose him, or did you just place him on the shelf and leave him as-is out of fear?

Thanks!

-Monte

My HT Hellboy is holding up very well. He's displayed in a curio cabinet on the 2nd shelf and away from the heat of the lamp (which is alway off except for when company comes over) and away from any natural light. Haven't had any issues with it at all. I don't put the piece in any particular poses though. He looks almost the same as when I removed him from his box the first time.

I've owned a few of these - brand new, previously displayed, one previously displayed in a sandstorm apparently and the rubber held up very well on all, though the glossy finish was spotty on some.

What does not hold up well is the knees. My original figure is fine and dandy but I've seen several broken knees. The good news is you can replace them with knees from current Truetypes.

Also, I've pushed the articulation pretty extremely and it's actually not as limited as I originally thought (but still quite limited compared to a normal body). I wouldn't leave it in an extreme pose for a long time but in my experience he's not as fragile as Abe or some of the other notorious HT rubber bodies.

In a perfect world Hellboy 3 will happen (talks have resumed among the 3 main parties - GDT, Mignola and Perlman) and HT makes a Wolverine-style body for HB. But the existing figure is excellent.

Mine is fine minus two knee replacements. But to me that is pretty minimal. Rubber is in great shape.

Three of my favorite figures.

2012-01-14_15-18-45_335.jpg

Is the aftermarket is so big that can we expect ANOTHER remake to be announced? :dunno

In fact i think figures with big aftermarket prices are a good indication of Hot Toy's bad choices.

Think about it, if fans are willing to pay those prices then it means there's is an interest in the license that has been left untapped by HT.

I think it indicates licenses that could of made more money for HT if they had bothered to develop more from them, but they didn't....

If Batman, Iron Man and Predator hadn't been developed then they would'nt have made the money they have :lecture

Last edited:
These were on sale a long time and at one point could be had for under retail.

Is the aftermarket is so big that can we expect ANOTHER remake to be announced? :dunno

In fact i think figures with big aftermarket prices are a good indication of Hot Toy's bad choices.

Think about it, if fans are willing to pay those prices then it means there's is an interest in the license that has been left untapped by HT.

I think it indicates licenses that could of made more money for HT if they had bothered to develop more from them, but they didn't....

If Batman, Iron Man and Predator hadn't been developed then they would'nt have made the money they have :lecture

mine was rarely touched and his for no reason, his knee joint just melted or fell apart. strange but he is now in my parts bin. sad cuz the sculpt is on par with today's figures.

I posed mine and never touched it again so it's holding up fantastically. HB and Abe are two gems in the HT catalog that are often overlooked.

mine was rarely touched and his for no reason, his knee joint just melted or fell apart. strange but he is now in my parts bin. sad cuz the sculpt is on par with today's figures.

Dude! You want to sell him. I cringe to think Red would be in some one's parts bin.

Back