1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?ve gone back and forth on getting this or the solo one. It?s going to be the Solo one. Better mix of TPM & CW. The mech legs on the Solo one just look better

Man, I'm having a tough time deciding on canceling my solo robot legs maul and pre-ordering this guy. The solo maul legs look amazing but this just has the right outfit. That's literally the things I'm down to. What are people's thoughts long-term? I've been clearing out the collection to make room for a legit CW display and I hate to have the "wrong" maul even though I think he has the more interesting design overall. If they start doing Rebels, no matter how slim, I'd hate to have to hunt down the proper maul after the fact.

Keep your Solo version, he is about to release this week. I cant see him going for below retail on the aftermarket since all of the other Solo figs seem to have been in limited supply. You will easily be able to flip him in 2 years if you change your mind and want TCW version.

Very desapointed about this guys.

I was hoping they use the same leg that the Solo one. This one look so cheap in my opinion. Everthing look cheap in this figure, except the pant. xd

I was hoping they use the same leg that the Solo one. This one look so cheap in my opinion. Everthing look cheap in this figure, except the pant. xd

Why would they use the same legs when the Solo ones arent accurate to the show? They are a different design.

Honestly though I bet the final release will look amazing. The prototype definitely looks rushed. Just look how much they improved the Solo Maul between prototype and final production. Still, it's probably best waiting on this one, and not pre-ordering, to see the final result.

Honestly though I bet the final release will look amazing. The prototype definitely looks rushed. Just look how much they improved the Solo Maul between prototype and final production. Still, it's probably best waiting on this one, and not pre-ordering, to see the final result.

Are there any actual differences? I didn't notice anything stand out to me.

Maybe it's been discussed already, but I wonder if the LED function will work like previous releases where you remove the lower half of the arm or if it's all done in the lightsaber this go around. I only ask b/c getting an arm off a muscle body like they're using here is waaaay more difficult than on the standard double-joint arm like they've done in the past.

Or they could make just the chest muscular and have regular arms like other bodies.

You can see in the shirtless pic that they're using a full on muscle body. Looks like the ANH Han Solo body from what I can tell. I guess they could also do complete switchout arms like they did for Infinity War Thor with ball joints at the shoulders but it doesn't mention any of that in the description.

darth-maul_star-wars_gallery_5f7602d79a798.jpg

Yep, I think your right. I can't believe I'm saying this about a doll but it's just those legs...

All of the LED Lightsaber arms have been double jointed elbows. This body would require a new type of arm, which I think is why they don't show it in the final pic. Its still being developed. I'm guessing it would connect at the elbow.

Dammit, I don't want buy two mauls but I think I'm gonna have to. I'm getting the solo one because it looks fantastic but I really feel like I need to get this one to face off with Ahsoka who I'm also buying. Maybe I'll wait until I have Ahsoka and the solo one and see how they look together.

The more I see of any Maul, the more tempted I am to get one. But I'm still not sure.... none of them have been absolutely perfect for me I feel. The PM one is a wonderful figure (mainly because of those outstanding head sculpts), but overall I find the plain black robes boring and I don't think I need a figure from the PM. The Solo one is a more unique look, but I also don't care too much for that movie and I am really not big on that head sculpt. Lastly the Clone Wars one probably fits the bill most, being my favourite interpretation of Maul with a cool visual look. However the Clone Wars one isn't DX, the sculpt I'm still a little iffy on, and without double jointed elbows I feel like I won't be able to pull off many of the poses drawing me to getting a Maul in the first place. :gah: I do like the idea of having a small Clone Wars display with Maul and Ahsoka fighting though.... but that is more $$$$.

I'm sure it has been discussed to death already but between the 3 which would be the best to go for? Or maybe in the end I just won't pick any up lol.

The reuse of Solo Maul's hs for this version is the biggest turn-off for me, I like the portrayal of Maul is SS7 but still haven't decided to pull the trigger or not, already got TPM + Solo versions in hand.

The reuse of Solo Maul's hs for this version is the biggest turn-off for me, I like the portrayal of Maul is SS7 but still haven't decided to pull the trigger or not, already got TPM + Solo versions in hand.

Im still considering sticking the extra DX16 sculpt on this.

Im still considering sticking the extra DX16 sculpt on this.

Now, I have no clue why I didnt consider that. But its a great idea! I have four mauls (or will have four when this guy shows up). I know I have a problem. Ive been putting off the mythos statue but idk how long I can hold off the temptation lol. Anyway, I think using the extra DX17 HS is perfect since this sculpt is basically Solo Maul (unless they tweak it) and I dont want to have two of the same head sculpts displayed so that might be the perfect (or close enough to perfect) answer. At least for me it is.

Now, I have no clue why I didnt consider that. But its a great idea! I have four mauls (or will have four when this guy shows up). I know I have a problem. Ive been putting off the mythos statue but idk how long I can hold off the temptation lol. Anyway, I think using the extra DX17 HS is perfect since this sculpt is basically Solo Maul (unless they tweak it) and I dont want to have two of the same head sculpts displayed so that might be the perfect (or close enough to perfect) answer. At least for me it is.

I made this about 6 months ago, looks way better imo.

HR8gaYs.png

Back