Hot Toys 1/6 TMS123 Ahsoka Tano (Padawan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because 15 year olds don’t run around in revealing clothes…

It never made sense.

You're in a war zone. At any moment you could be separated from your squad, maybe you are the last survivor of your squad. You might have to walk for miles. It might get very cold at night. You might want to blend into the background, not announce LOOK AT MY CUTE LITTLE SELF, I WOULD SELL FOR A LOT ON THE SLAVE VENDUE.

Would a 15 year old girl be stupid enough to wear a crop top and cutout leggings into a war zone? ABSOLUTELY. Fifteen year olds are stupid as hell. Thats on the adults on scene to say, you're not getting into the troop transport like that missy, go change or youre not going on this mission. This is serious business.

Man these Jedi can be really stupid. Anakin should have put her in her place immediately.

The Jedi deciding it was OK to have a teenager in a war zone at all was pretty bizarre, regardless of what she was wearing. Was that ever debated or brought up much on the show?

The Jedi deciding it was OK to have a teenager in a war zone at all was pretty bizarre, regardless of what she was wearing. Was that ever debated or brought up much on the show?

True, but then most of the actual warriors were like ten years old themselves. Man, what DIDNT go down during that war?

Nope, I think Kanan was even younger too when he first saw action during the War. Not to mention the hundreds of other Jedi Padawans whose stories we don't follow.

It is a bit different when they have the force and all that..but still these kids should be back at the temple, not a Commander in the GAR and leading hundreds and thousands of troopers.

What fifteen year old is going to give sensible well thought out orders anyway? Imagine it. You are a hardened soldier and a fifteen year old in a crop top is issuing you orders. What does a kid know? What wells of experience do they draw from? What AUTHORITY do they have?

Teenagers, Jarjar Binks.... those clone troopers put up with way more than I ever would. Binks would issue me an order that I obeyed on a cold day in hell.

What fifteen year old is going to give sensible well thought out orders anyway? Imagine it. You are a hardened soldier and a fifteen year old in a crop top is issuing you orders. What does a kid know? What wells of experience do they draw from? What AUTHORITY do they have?

Teenagers, Jarjar Binks.... those clone troopers put up with way more than I ever would. Binks would issue me an order that I obeyed on a cold day in hell.

Ahsoka.gif

I'd forgotten that Ahsoka was originally dressed like this:

Ahsoka 2.gif

Anakin: "Ahsoka, you don't need armour, just wrap yourself with this handkerchief."

Ahsoka live.gif

It is funny because I wonder if Filoni had that type of pull in 06/07 though? Was the final design approved by GL?

We know TCW was a bit more kid friendly when it first aired, but people are still dying brutally all around her lol, not sure why they didn't go with some sort of clone armor/robes combo they went with Anakin/Obi-Wan. The Geonosis arc in Season 2 is one of my favorites, but it is hard to kinda take serious sometimes while everyone is dying around her and she's barely dressed.

I was basically a kid myself when TCW first came out, and it didn't quite dawn on me how poorly she was dressed for battle or how inappropriately for a 14 year old. Today I absolutely see it. I think back then I just thought it was her culture, sort of like Aayla Secura or the more unique Jedi who wore things other than Jedi robes. In live action I'm sure we'd have all seen it differently, but animation can sell things a bit differently I guess.

I love reading the ethical debate of allowing teenagers to participate in war and what they wear while doing it. It's worth pointing out that literally EVERY SINGLE CLONE is younger than Ahsoka. The clones have less experience, age, and authority under their belt. Furthermore, EVERY SINGLE CLONE is conscripted.

I love reading the ethical debate of allowing teenagers to participate in war and what they wear while doing it. It's worth pointing out that literally EVERY SINGLE CLONE is younger than Ahsoka. The clones have less experience, age, and authority under their belt. Furthermore, EVERY SINGLE CLONE is conscripted.
IMG_1772.png

I have no idea who approved the tube top for Ahsoka when destruction and death is surrounding her. While she is dressed for a day at the beach.
George Lucas was still running Star Wars when the Clone Wars movie (and Ahsoka) made its debut. So that's who. As much as he's lionized this day in age in comparison to so-called "Disney Star Wars", he certainly made his share of questionable decisions as well.

George Lucas was still running Star Wars when the Clone Wars movie (and Ahsoka) made its debut. So that's who. As much as he's lionized this day and age in comparison to so-called "Disney Star Wars", he certainly made his share of questionable decisions as well.
Anyone who has touched the Star Wars film/TV license since the OT has made some questionable decisions for sure, George Lucas included. Many of the updates that he made to the OT were atrocious.

Back