1/6 Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul (Lord Mandalore) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was hoping to see either the ostrich mech legs no shirt maul, or spider mech legs maul no shirt. Would the tatooine death scene look be considered?

That's Rebels. So HT would need to announce a Rebels line. Which I hope they do!

I can see HT making a different CW Maul eventually. This current run, minus Obi/Anakin, looks mostly focused on S7 and the last few episodes. So this Maul is a solid representation of that.

If we get a Rebels line, which I doubt since it's not as well received as TCW.

Which is unfortunate because as much as I like TCW, Rebels was deeper and more engaging, with a series arc that told a complete story over it's four seasons. Even with Season 7 to book end it, TCW is still more an anthology series. Yes there was a story arc under it, but after it was cut short (with at least 3 or 4 more season planned to tell the full story), that story never got to stand out the way it should have. Having parts of TCW told out of chronological order also added to the anthology feeling rather than watching a continuous story building to a climax.

Quick photoshop, looks 10x better to me with the DX16 sculpt.

7RmlBGO.png

Quick photoshop, looks 10x better to me with the DX16 sculpt.

7RmlBGO.png

Would have been a great opportunity to create a new grimacing head that works with DX16/17 instead of that horrible open mouth one. I get it though, using the Solo head (Or the DX16 like you photoshopped) saves them money, like they did with all those Captain America figures reusing the same Steve Rogers head.

Would have been a great opportunity to create a new grimacing head that works with DX16/17 instead of that horrible open mouth one. I get it though, using the Solo head (Or the DX16 like you photoshopped) saves them money, like they did with all those Captain America figures reusing the same Steve Rogers head.

Yeah, I like the Solo head, just not with this look. The slimmer DX16 sculpt looks way better, even if they just added a little ageing to that but kept it slim.

Yeah that does look cool. And a 3rd head which could be interchangeable with the DX would have been great !

Missed opportunity HT.

I get it he needs to be older in CW, but still.

Yeah that does look cool. And a 3rd head which could be interchangeable with the DX would have been great !

Missed opportunity HT.

I get it he needs to be older in CW, but still.

Yeah, hopefully, they change it, comments about the sculpt on Facebook don't seem too positive, same with here and Reddit. I know I've sent them an email too and they claim that they send the feedback to their team, but who knows.

Older, sure but in TCW he still has that slim look that he does in TPM.
I get that Ray Park himself isn't as slim in the facial department anymore, but it's not Ray Park portraying TCW version so they could take some artistic liberties, give us a slim DX16 style head with a bit of roughness for age, but don't make him look bloated in the face which gives him a bobblehead-like appearance with this outfit and body.

Yeah, hopefully, they change it, comments about the sculpt on Facebook don't seem too positive, same with here and Reddit. I know I've sent them an email too and they claim that they send the feedback to their team, but who knows.

Older, sure but in TCW he still has that slim look that he does in TPM.
I get that Ray Park himself isn't as slim in the facial department anymore, but it's not Ray Park portraying TCW version so they could take some artistic liberties, give us a slim DX16 style head with a bit of roughness for age, but don't make him look bloated in the face which gives him a bobblehead-like appearance with this outfit and body.

It's not really that his face isn't as thin, it's a mix with the fact that for Solo (which the sculpt is based on) the makeup artists opted for silicone appliances instead of painting his face. So, he has added muscle mass to his physique but a good bit of the change in his face was due to that. I do like the added scars to his head that they added to the side where he bumped his noggin falling down that generator core shaft on Naboo.

I see a lot of people who were adamant the CW line be realistic complaining that Maul doesn't look like he did in the series...

I see a lot of people who were adamant the CW line be realistic complaining that Maul doesn't look like he did in the series...

Nobody is complaining that he doesnt look animated though? Its that the sculpt they chose to use doesnt work for the body and outfit they are using, it just looks wrong and bad. I didnt Photoshop an animated head onto him, I photoshopped a realistic head and it looks way better than the one HT are using imo.

Nobody is complaining that he doesnt look animated though? Its that the sculpt they chose to use doesnt work for the body and outfit they are using, it just looks wrong and bad. I didnt Photoshop an animated head onto him, I photoshopped a realistic head and it looks way better than the one HT are using imo.
Its plainly the sheer fact that Maul isnt old enough for them to reuse the solo maul sculpt for this fig. It makes ZERO sense. The body sucks too, being that Maul is ripped and this is the first body theyve used a non muscular body for him. My two cents anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Man, I'm having a tough time deciding on canceling my solo robot legs maul and pre-ordering this guy. The solo maul legs look amazing but this just has the right outfit. That's literally the things I'm down to. What are people's thoughts long-term? I've been clearing out the collection to make room for a legit CW display and I hate to have the "wrong" maul even though I think he has the more interesting design overall. If they start doing Rebels, no matter how slim, I'd hate to have to hunt down the proper maul after the fact.

The more I look at CW Maul design the more I dislike it. The Solo version is a far more interesting. Maul in a brown outfit with cinder blocks for feet just looks weird.

Yeah, that solo version looks great, especially those legs.it feels more "realistic" to me than the actual CW version but my compulsiveness tells me I need the "correct" version too. I'm sticking solo.

Back