Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys QS - 1/4 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) & The Child - The Mandalorian Seas

You know with all that upcoming mando stuff, watching the pilot for season 2 makes me wish we get a tusken raider figure.

Re: Hot Toys QS - 1/4 The Mandalorian (Din Djarin) & The Child - The Mandalorian Seas

You know with all that upcoming mando stuff, watching the pilot for season 2 makes me wish we get a tusken raider figure.

HT gave us Jawas, I imagine a Tusken isn't too far-fetched, especially given how prominent they've been at this point.

God it looks terrible. Pauldrons are undersized, as is the head. Colors are off. Fabric looks cheap and stiff. Arms too thick under the suit. He's missing his trapezius muscle completely. The display base is dull, and his armor has no shine and looks plasticy as hell. Hopefully this was just a rush to have something to show, and the final will be overhauled.

Better photos:

123046395_10157599152462344_3425969703652549322_o.jpg

122997781_10157599152642344_335906275266957310_o.jpg

122972032_10157599153072344_9186385331971774077_o.jpg

Last edited:
Another comparison I made. Doesn't look that far off to be honest. The helmet looks to be the thing that stands out the most.

dxSozBn.png

Another comparison I made. Doesn't look that far off to be honest. The helmet looks to be the thing that stands out the most.

dxSozBn.png

Looks OK to me. Much as I'm obsessed with series gonna have to ponder whether just having a really big Mando is worth it; when the 1/6 speeder/Mando and the dx Mando/child set is at the moment IMO more visually interesting on the shelf, long term.

Unless HT does something more special with the 1/4 release. Not to mention Iron Studios still hasn't showed their cards re Mandalorian, and they may do something interesting in 1/4 (poly). $$$$$:panic:

The armour needs more of a chromed finish similar to what they've just shown with the new Iron Man Midas.

Regardless of the fat body small head look he's rocking, that bloody base is enough to put me off. You expect something special with a quarter scale, not that.

Regardless of the fat body small head look he's rocking, that bloody base is enough to put me off. You expect something special with a quarter scale, not that.

It does bug me that it just says "Mandalorian" instead of "The Mandalorian" lol, but yeah quick base re-use isn't great.

dxSozBn.png

Aside from the head the armour itself looks too “plasticy” and clean. He honestly looks more like Jango Fett than he does Mando.

Looks fine to me. Just increase the helmet by like 10%.

Better pics for comparison. I'd say helmet too small, shoulder and chest armour not chromed or low enough and no traps (pretty much an issue on every HT human).

mando.jpg

Looks fine to me. Just increase the helmet by like 10%.

The first Iron Man armours were under-scaled and misproportioned. Then they sold them all over again in better diecast versions. While there's not a ton of opportunity for that sort of thing with Mando, I also might not put it past them.

That looks amazing.

But the Baby Yoda pic below it NOT so amazing. I assume it's the 1/4 scale Child (looking at the Mando hand in the background)

But it also has removable ears with seams......

Please tell me I'm wrong !!

hot-toys-1-4-the-child-figure-9749h374.jpg

Those ear seams again. Why? Just include a second head HT! It looks quite good apart from that. I like that they?ve gone fabric instead of sculpted for the jumpsuit. Well, at least the bag makes a re-appearance so with a bit of careful placement those seams can be hidden. Other than that the Mando looks better in that pic, although I?ll reserve judgement until the full promo pics are released.

Where are these pics from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are these pics from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The official Star Wars website.

Yeah, not surprised that the 1/4 Child is basically just the life size shrunken down. Still looks bad, and the ear seams this time is even more unacceptable considering the head is way smaller than the life size so they could totally just include 2 separate heads with different expressions.

Thread updated with images & product info.

Surprised Sideshow has this up before HT Facebook.

Back