Action Figure Hot Toys - Quarter Scale 1/4 The Mandalorian and The Child (Deluxe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah i hate how they do Deluxe's these days... you pay extra and they omit the standard base. How is that deluxe??

It includes a deluxe base. It?s a deluxe, not all inclusive edition. Ordering a deluxe sandwich won?t give you the standard sandwich too. You only get the more deluxe version.

That said, having both would be nice but at least they clearly illustrate the options.

You should see how normal companies do deluxe editions. They include everything in the standard. There's no excuse for this from HT other than to cheap out and cut costs.

Kind of annoying how the deluxe version doesn't come with the base that's included in the standard. You would think they would include both. Unless if I'm missing that information somewhere.

It's also weird how this Baby Yoda is in the S1 hover pram.

After paying over $600 for the Mark IV and Gantry and not getting any normal stand, I expect these things lol. I just wanted a stand since I kitbashed a Tony figure. And they're probably like $2 in materials.

I myself like the deluxe base, but then again I usually detest the plainer 1/4 scale Hot Toys bases. However I’m more of a statue collector these days, so it’s kinda what I’m used to.

Is there gonna be a regular version with a regular stand? Am i the only one who don't dig that deluxe base?

Yeah there's a standard version. Usually like dio bases but was thinking maybe something more natural. Seeing a dead IG head isn't gonna do it for me over the long term. Or why frame the skull like that. Kinda reminds me of bases made of chitauri parts and junk for MCU pieces. Yah gotta let go, HT! Give the Marvel cash cow a rest :cool:

It's weird that these 1/4 scale versions are up for order at Sideshow but have yet to be listed on the main HT site. I check that regularly to see if there's been a new release and had no idea that this was available. :lol

can someone post a pic of the base on the regular version please? thanks!

The regular doesn't have a base pictured, so who knows if you even get one.
the-mandalorian-and-the-child_star-wars_gallery_5fa070ba4c675.jpg

The more I look at it, the more I’m agreeing that the deluxe base is rather hideous. They couldn’t pick one theme to go with so they must threw everything together and made that monstrosity. For $110 less, I think the regular is actually the better way to go. In this rare case, more isn’t better.

Ah thanks! I even searched Mandalorian and didn?t see it but only checked the first 3 pages lol. Despite the deluxe base being a bit much, I like that e-web heavy repeating blaster. Really puts it over the top. I?m leaning towards buying this. Would be my first 1/4 scale. Will wait to see what the mando speeder set has tho.

Still don?t get the pic of this on Disney with the hair on the child but not in these pics. You?d think 1/4 they can figure out hair for it, especially for $175 for the 1/4 child alone

After looking at the base some more, I think the deluxe base pieces are just parts that you put on top of the standard base. This is similar to how they did the bases for the Iron Man QS figures.

I'll most likely go with the deluxe in this case since I can either use the standard base or deluxe base depending on my mood.

123495925_10157607458697344_6866848512198082296_o.jpg

1722020211211129827.jpg

Ah thanks! I even searched Mandalorian and didn?t see it but only checked the first 3 pages lol. Despite the deluxe base being a bit much, I like that e-web heavy repeating blaster. Really puts it over the top. I?m leaning towards buying this. Would be my first 1/4 scale. Will wait to see what the mando speeder set has tho.

Still don?t get the pic of this on Disney with the hair on the child but not in these pics. You?d think 1/4 they can figure out hair for it, especially for $175 for the 1/4 child alone
Yeah I agree I might wait to see how the 1/6th figure turns out and then preorder it. Though I might still get this as my first 1/4th as well. I rather stick to 1/6th so if that looks better then S1 Beskar I'll get it with the swoop bike.

Guess this is a spoiler of some sort for a scene to come? I don't remember him using a gun this way.
So, there might be another IG-11 in season 2. And more Mandalorians, judging by the helmet.

Guess this is a spoiler of some sort for a scene to come? I don't remember him using a gun this way.
So, there might be another IG-11 in season 2. And more Mandalorians, judging by the helmet.

It’s based loosely on episode 8 where he grabs the e-web and then Gideon shoots the battery giving him the head injury.

It's not listed under what's new, but is under Hot Toys. And I know we saw a generic base in earlier pics, but not having a base pictured in any of the pics says it's not done or we aren't getting one.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-hot-toys-907267

It says it includes a base in the description, but yeah no pics...

Here is the standard version. It's funny to me how a few of you were complaining about the base being generic and now they don't want the delxue base. Lol no but in all honesty I don't see the point of that base ither. https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-hot-toys-907267

I like cool bases too but the deluxe to me is just a bunch of clutter

Back