Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't make much sense for the mandibles to be shaped and positioned the way they are: on the side of the mouth, unable to cover the mouth or bite. They hardly even touch, so I doubt they can be used to communicate in clicks.

Creature designers don't always have think in terms of function, but it really would've benefited the look of the creature here.

Stopped giving out rewards and skipped SDCC this year, maybe Sideshows gone broke :ROFLMAO:

expect to see Sideshows shipping prices increase more in the future.

Stopped giving out rewards and skipped SDCC this year, maybe Sideshows gone broke :ROFLMAO:

expect to see Sideshows shipping prices increase more in the future.
They're having some crazy sales. Never thought I'd see BOGO and 30%+ reductions happen so often from Sideshow. PureArts is having a flash sale today too with discounts of several hundred dollars on recent releases.

The times are a-changin'. We're getting better stuff than ever before, but it's harder to make and harder to sell.

If Hot Toys or InArt does not give us Naru, hopefully a 3rd party will step up and fill that void.

I'm not sure if I would buy the Feral Predator without Naru.

Fingers crossed we do get a good Naru figure (wether it's licensed or not)! 🤞

A Naru figure is quintessential, but I'd also really like Taabe too! He'd go great alongside a potential Feral Pred and Naru display 😃 Dude went toe-to-toe with Pred!

PRY-00707-scaled.jpg
d9xGzYatj6dJFSqxxYtW4H.jpg

They've never been able to match Stan's work. Never been able to get the mandibles to work as well as Stan did.
And now, film makers seem to be obsessed with messing around with the design.
The hideous "Super Predators", the CGI mess from The Predator and now this horrid mutant from Prey.
It's such a departure from Stan Winston's Predator.
You're right it's Predator in name only.
Like this mutant thing in Prey only shares a common ancestor with Stan Winston's classic Preds. They diverged a couple million years or so ago and now barely resemble each other.
I imagine if it's the same people making the next one that made Prey, we'll be getting another weird mutant.
And even if they used a classic Pred, no one seems to be able replicate the quality of Stan's work.
And the crazy thing is most of the subsequent non-Stan Winston Predator films including this one was done by people who worked under him.

Worry not about the predator design, the grandmaster of sculpt, Joseph Tsang will come back from his sabbatical, this will be his masterpiece.
Was he the guy that did that wildly inaccurate Berserker sculpt? Yeah he'd rearrange the proportions of Feral face to fit his own idealised version of it.

Naru is one figure where they’d have to use their new rooted hair material/technique. It’d look horrible with sculpted hair and there’d be no movement in the head whatsoever.

I’m more interested in buying her than I am the Predator. Although I’d definitely buy him to pair up with her.

Movie was mediocre the design was horrible. I have zero interest in this.
Yeah, I'm a HUGE Predator fan. I actually think the movie was good. But goddamn is it overrated. I'd watch Predator 2 and Predators over this any day. And I found all the characters forgettable, and the Predator literally looked like a big turd when he took his mask off.

Back