Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where's the sign up for the list???
~~and i also think the least they could do is include all the accessories from the first version of Wolf. but i guess they are doing it this way so that people will HAVE to buy both to get every weapon.

your on the list man , since you two are great friends of mine on here I will try and get em done tonight. Still gotta catch up on all my others though !.:monkey3:monkey2

Exactly. I'm sure they learned from the P2 figure that if you pack the exact figure and more, it's not as effective as releasing 2 figures that are both incomplete so that many collectors will be forced to buy both if they want an all encompassing figure.

thats what i did. i was ready to take the hit and buy both P2 Predators until i found out that the BD had everything the original had plus more. i just want the roaring face and plasma canon. sooo.... i'll just keep all that stuff and make a custom Wolf.

I;m gonna get this if I can I want both versions of wolf and pred 2 , there both my fave so why the hell not if I can get it right ? :rock

this got me to thinkin...

why doesn't hot toys quit re-releasing the exact same figure with different accessories... and just sell accessory packs?

think about it. mcfarlane made a bunch for several different toy lines, and they were awesome.

instead of screwing their customers by forcing them to buy the same $200 figure with a different head and a few new accessories, just sell a $50 pack with those and even more cool stuff to add to it.

problem solved.

The main reason I think is because Hot Toys is stretching out the cost of the molds for the body and the R & D of the rest of the kit. The same goes for both versions of Predator 2's R & D and armor molds. And most probably for Elder Predator 2 and Predator 1 who should share the same armor and head sculpt.

I still think leaving the roaring mandibles off the first releases was a s***ty thing to do on both the P2 and Wolf variants. I could live without the other accessories, but those mandibles really make a stunning figure. And it probably cost them just $4 at the most to produce them too. :mad:

The main reason I think is because Hot Toys is stretching out the cost of the molds for the body and the R & D of the rest of the kit. The same goes for both versions of Predator 2's R & D and armor molds. And most probably for Elder Predator 2 and Predator 1 who should share the same armor and head sculpt.

I still think leaving the roaring mandibles off the first releases was a s***ty thing to do on both the P2 and Wolf variants. I could live without the other accessories, but those mandibles really make a stunning figure. And it probably cost them just $4 at the most to produce them too. :mad:

I can understand making up costs, but I think everyone would agree, we'd all pay another like $50 for an all encompassing figure, which, considering the money they have to spend making these full second figures, would balance out to defray costs on the one I think. If all the stuff in Cleaner Wolf came with first Wolf and he cost $190 like the PredAlien, I'd have still gotten Wolf. I think a happy medicum can be reached where one figure can include everything and defray the special costs.

I can understand making up costs, but I think everyone would agree, we'd all pay another like $50 for an all encompassing figure, which, considering the money they have to spend making these full second figures, would balance out to defray costs on the one I think. If all the stuff in Cleaner Wolf came with first Wolf and he cost $190 like the PredAlien, I'd have still gotten Wolf. I think a happy medicum can be reached where one figure can include everything and defray the special costs.

But remember, that they released a second version of the Predalien, they're definitely stretching out the costs between multiple releases. Also remember that the 7 AVP Preds are almost identical to one another. In fact, all of them basically have the same degree of difference between one another that the P2 and Wolf variants have from their originals.

They could release 1 complete version of Wolf for $190, or they could release two versions for a total of $300. I don't think an extra $50 is going to cover the mold cost for Wolf's body which is a one off. I can't see any other character reusing that bod, it's very specific.

I hate this situation too, and wish there was a cheaper way for them to go about it, but it just seems the way it is. I'm still waiting for Viking Playground to send me my Battle Damaged Pred 2 to display alongside the first Pred 2. That's a total of $270 right there. :(

He looks good but I'm passing. TDK and IRON MAN have taken over anything they are offering so far

I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 "other" bio-masks.... remember how Wolf had a wall full of masks in the movie?

Maybe Sideshow would throw in an extra cannon. That wouldn't be too bad, especially for anyone buying this as their first Wolf figure.

It might be useless though, it appears that Hot Toys eliminated the 2nd cannon in favor of creating a place on the back armor that could hold the Cleaner Kit.

so actually for people who still remember the movie. Which mask is MOVIE ACCURATE??
version 1 or this version???

i really cant remember.

and I really love the base , why people dont talk about the base. i think the base is going to be a very nice addition to your collection.

Is this possible that WOLF WIll get the same accessories as original version like dual canons, etc. and he will get the extra accessories in the same time????

remember what happened with BD predator 2?? it didnt say that there will be a mask for it. BUT look what happened?? BD P2 COMES WITH ANYTHING REGULAR P2 OFFER.

do you think the same case will occur on this case??

Man , someday i can shoot my head for spending so much money on plastic. DAMN

Well. thy're both accurate.

In the first Wolf his mask is from every scene except the roof top battle, and possibly the hive battle.

The BD, or second mask is from the hive and roof top battle.

So in a way they're both accurate, just from different stages in the movie.

so actually for people who still remember the movie. Which mask is MOVIE ACCURATE??
version 1 or this version???

i really cant remember.

and I really love the base , why people dont talk about the base. i think the base is going to be a very nice addition to your collection.

Is this possible that WOLF WIll get the same accessories as original version like dual canons, etc. and he will get the extra accessories in the same time????

remember what happened with BD predator 2?? it didnt say that there will be a mask for it. BUT look what happened?? BD P2 COMES WITH ANYTHING REGULAR P2 OFFER.

do you think the same case will occur on this case??

Man , someday i can shoot my head for spending so much money on plastic. DAMN

Both masks are film accurrate. The one with the Cleaner figure represents the mask in like the last 5 minutes of the movie, when he takes on the hive and the humans at the hospital, it gets damaged like seen in the new figure.

It is possible, and likely knowing HT, that this Wolf will end up having everything else the first release came with, if that happens, I along with most others here will probably really go bull^^^^. It's bad enough if they make you need 2 figures to get it all, but if they release an Ultimate after a half-assed, that'd be a slap in collector faces. At least with BDP2, there was the blood apps to make it somewhat different and probably for some, unenticing, but even that move was pretty sketchy, good for those including myself that missed the first release, but doesn't change the shadyness of it. They should just make more of the all encompassing.

Sadly, it just isn't gonna happen like that. They have the bit in their teeth and they're determined to get as much mileage as they can out of every figure. We may not like it and we certainly don't have to, but it's pretty clear that HT has decided to do it their way, whether we like it or not.

Back