Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - Predator (Cleaner Kit version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The re-issue folk don't get the whip. Is it a way to milk more money? Sure it is. If you think they'll give you a heads up think again. They'll sell out both versions. I missed out on the first version but I'm not upset that the second doesn't have the whip. They make 5 versions I'll buy all 5 and thank them for the extras.

I'm sure some of "us" aren't as wealthy as you are (though I wish I was), or willing to had over our money for multiples of the same character. ( I don't like him THAT much)

I'm not saying that they ARE going to give us a heads up, but like NECA did with their umpteen Wolfs... they could at least let us know out of customer courtesy.

Sure the whip isn't there, but that proves my point even more.

"They make 5 versions I'll buy all 5 and thank them for the extras", I know you will.:monkey3
Though I must say... I wouldn't want that many 1/6 Alien Queens even if they where $100 each.

There's a saying, "One can never have too many ALIENS".
But in this case, I rather have a place to sleep over 5 Queens staring me down.
4 OK, but 5!? :horror
No way! :eek: :lol

If I weren't planning on customizing them I probably wouldn't want that many. Not wealthy, but I can always pick up an overtime shift to buy 3 preds when I want.

If I weren't planning on customizing them I probably wouldn't want that many. Not wealthy, but I can always pick up an overtime shift to buy 3 preds when I want.

That's what all wealthy people say. ;):D

Elder_Predator2 "Really? I thought the saying was 'One can never have too many PREDATORS.'":D
LOL
That's just a misconception that has been going around. :p

It's all relative brutha. Compared to a guy who works the Jack in the Box drive thru I might be considered wealthy, but compared to Gruson I think I'm a pauper.:lol

It's all relative brutha. Compared to a guy who works the Jack in the Box drive thru I might be considered wealthy, but compared to Gruson I think I'm a pauper.:lol

No one should compare themselves to him.
I think he's "in the drug game" or something. :lol

(just kidding.... so no angry PM's OK?)

Yeah.... I had to slip that disclaimer in there customizerwannabe.
Wouldn't want to offend anyone. (Gruson)

Elder_Predator2 :rock

The main reason I think is because Hot Toys is stretching out the cost of the molds for the body and the R & D of the rest of the kit. The same goes for both versions of Predator 2's R & D and armor molds. And most probably for Elder Predator 2 and Predator 1 who should share the same armor and head sculpt.

I still think leaving the roaring mandibles off the first releases was a s***ty thing to do on both the P2 and Wolf variants. I could live without the other accessories, but those mandibles really make a stunning figure. And it probably cost them just $4 at the most to produce them too. :mad:
i don't think their molds, or research/development costs any more than mcfarlane's does.
and in the end they're all plastic, a little cloth/metal, and some paint.
if mcfarlane can successfully sell well-sculpted/painted figures AND separate accessory packs, then there's no reason ht can't

they could go for high-end big accessories and dioramas.
like a complete skull trophy wall from p2, or the wolf's throne thingy from avpr.
both would have huge potential and demand and could easily offset cost of production.
not to mention increasing demand for the figures themselves.
it's a win-win for everybody.
________
Mac Game

Last edited:
Ya thats a cool idea, I was thinking of building my own throne for Wolf.
It would be sweet if a sculpter made one and cast it for everyone.

Exactly. I'm sure they learned from the P2 figure that if you pack the exact figure and more, it's not as effective as releasing 2 figures that are both incomplete so that many collectors will be forced to buy both if they want an all encompassing figure.

you know what, sometimes I am pondering about this. Collectors are ultimate sucker man. its like food for us. They know our weak spots and take advantage of it very effectively. :(

Back