1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's unfortunate the strategy seems to be to monopolize rather than compete. I do most of my business with BBTS because tax is based on my state, not theirs, and the flat rate shipping of $4 is hard to beat. Sideshow tax and shipping come to nearly $40 on a standard 1/6 product, that's just unappealing as a consumer.

It’s funny, 10 years ago when Sideshow became official distributor of Hot Toys and started carrying DC/WB products (I believe Hot Toys Reeve Superman and the Toy Fairs Batman were the first figures they were able to sell directly), we were all over the moon and excited.

Now over those 10 years, that excitement has completely eroded. Charging for extra box protection, jacked shipping costs, selling damaged/returned product to unknowing customers as “new”, the relationship with this forum, the expiration date on codes, the way they handle competition, they’re just digging themselves into a hole.

I’ll probably never buy from them again.

There's some Hot Toys back up on Toys Buying Agent site.

It's good to hear that there's a growing sentiment to walk away from SS. Their business "strategy," if you can even call it that, is simply atrocious. Rather than do what a typical business would do, which is compete, they resort to flexing their monopoly muscle so we good folks can have the privilege of paying MORE. Yeesh, what horrible business acumen...as if SS isn't making a more cushy premium for charging you $20 for basic shipping.

Anyways I think if anything, now would be a fantastic time to start supporting the smaller guys even more. This month has been tough on the wallet due to the holiday season and I've got a one HT per month rule, but starting next month I'm gonna buy TWO figs from TBA to show my support! Gotta help the small guys and let them know we got their backs.

We need to vote with our wallets! :clap

How does sideshow have any power on who sells what? That makes no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They wouldn't, unless Hot Toys gave it to them contractually through an exclusive distribution agreement (which may be the case).

I wouldn't take any of the griping in this thread at face value; both businesses are responsible for whatever terms they mutually agreed to and the decision to focus anger on Sideshow seems, at this point, to be fairly arbitrary--especially since we don't actually know what happened.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

They wouldn't, unless Hot Toys gave it to them contractually through an exclusive distribution agreement (which may be the case).

I wouldn't take any of the griping in this thread at face value; both businesses are responsible for whatever terms they mutually agreed to and the decision to focus anger on Sideshow seems, at this point, to be fairly arbitrary--especially since we don't actually know what happened.

I think we can blame some of Sideshow at least for US distribution to local retailers. Toy Anxiety and Alter Ego Comics (and a few others I just cant recall since I don't regularly shop anywhere else) specifically said Sideshow cut all their allotments by more than half over a year ago. And not only that, a lot of retailers used to offer about an 8% discount on anything from sideshow (not just Hot Toys but all things that come through sideshow) and now they aren't even allowed to do that. So, while maybe not ALL anger should be directly pointed at SS, there's definitely some shady dealings coming from their end to force consumers to buy directly from them instead of other shops that get their products from SS.

I think we can blame some of Sideshow at least for US distribution to local retailers. Toy Anxiety and Alter Ego Comics (and a few others I just cant recall since I don't regularly shop anywhere else) specifically said Sideshow cut all their allotments by more than half over a year ago. And not only that, a lot of retailers used to offer about an 8% discount on anything from sideshow (not just Hot Toys but all things that come through sideshow) and now they aren't even allowed to do that. So, while maybe not ALL anger should be directly pointed at SS, there's definitely some shady dealings coming from their end to force consumers to buy directly from them instead of other shops that get their products from SS.

Sure, I'm just referring to the matter at hand. Even with the allotment thing, for all I know HT may not have delivered the expected units, forcing SS to cut the allotment owed to their vendors. Not trying to defend Sideshow or suggest that's actually what happened, just pointing out that a lot can happen in the product world that can impact the end customer in a negative way that doesn't necessarily come as the result of misdeeds.

I'm all for holding companies accountable, just don't want to jump the gun and make unwarranted assumptions.

Do any of the owners of the Dark Knight figures know, if anyone makes 3rd party covered mouth plates like this for the previous figures?

5b6c10b90cdb8896c997867de4eceff4.jpg

A separate head with damaged cowl would make this more appealing instead of a 90% rehash. Do something different with it HT!Screenshot_20210101-112350_UPlayer.jpg

I took the plunge and POed this. I'll surely get a Ledger Joker when they inevitably re-release him, so I figured that I'd get a BaleBat to have in my collection. Honestly, since 2019 I've decided to PO a new figure when the new year starts. It's silly, but I like the feeling. Last time it was Endgame Iron Man, now it's this (let's hope I've got more luck when it comes to the end product and we don't get Machinist Bale as a headsculpt...). Dunno, I might swap the PO for the upcoming Bateman, which is supposed to go up for PO in February. The pleather scares me a bit, not going to lie. We'll see. I'm not the biggest Batfan around, too; his attitude towards killing just became too idiotic and a turn-off to me after a while. I mostly just like Bale and need a companion piece for the sure-to-be-re-released Ledger Joker. Then again, I can cross my fingers and hope they make a Phoenix Joker. Or just make a Villain Shelf. That'd fit more with my collecting habits. Green Lantern is my favourite DC property, Imprints aside. In contrast with most capes who just hanged around a city and played vigilante, GL had the entire universe as their playground. Then Johns added all the Colour Corps and I was hooked. It's probably the one Big 2 comic I genuinely enjoy in general. Now that's a license that I'd have trouble keeping up with, especially with all the Lantern Corps. And when you factor characters like Atrocitus and Kilowog, plus taxes... On one hand I want my GL movie now, on the other I'd rather wait. I do miss the Johns days when the brand was at its highest, I do...

/blog

It's good to hear that there's a growing sentiment to walk away from SS. Their business "strategy," if you can even call it that, is simply atrocious. Rather than do what a typical business would do, which is compete, they resort to flexing their monopoly muscle so we good folks can have the privilege of paying MORE. Yeesh, what horrible business acumen...as if SS isn't making a more cushy premium for charging you $20 for basic shipping.

Anyways I think if anything, now would be a fantastic time to start supporting the smaller guys even more. This month has been tough on the wallet due to the holiday season and I've got a one HT per month rule, but starting next month I'm gonna buy TWO figs from TBA to show my support! Gotta help the small guys and let them know we got their backs.

We need to vote with our wallets! :clap

Well said !

A separate head with damaged cowl would make this more appealing instead of a 90% rehash. Do something different with it HT!View attachment 502721
''Ah, yes, i was WONDERING what would break first, your spirit, or your silence regarding the fact that you would like a battle damaged head sculpt with the DX19 Dark Knight Rises Batman figure.And when this post is.......over.......THEN you have my permission to die.''..........:)

After admiring my DX02 over the winter break, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade. I?ll leave the DX02 in Hong Kong extraction mode.

I too have taken the plunge and ordered the DX19 from KG Hobbby. This will be my fourth Nolan-era Batman. How many versions of said Batman does one man need? :)

As a huge TDK trilogy fan who doesn't own any Batman figures, I am hesitating if I should pre-order this as my first HT Batman figure.

What do you guys think?

As a huge TDK trilogy fan who doesn't own any Batman figures, I am hesitating if I should pre-order this as my first HT Batman figure.

What do you guys think?

Now is the time. I would recommend getting the batpod as well since they really don?t make vehicles anymore.

Back