1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and if the price is a hurdle get with a shop that offers payment plans. You still have a decent amount of time to pay it off.

Don't want to be an enabler, but if you're a "huge" TDK Trilogy fan then you can't get any better than Hot Toys for 1/6 figures.

And, if this does gets announced, which is looking more likely, pick up the joker reissue. You can?t have a tdk display without him.

And so begins your slippery slope. Good luck.

Thanks everyone.

I am trying to be responsible with my finance at the moment and not spend on unnecessary things, so I might postpone this decision for a few months down the line.

How long do you think it will be available to pre-order on Sideshow?

Can pre-orders get "sold out" ?

Thanks everyone.

I am trying to be responsible with my finance at the moment and not spend on unnecessary things, so I might postpone this decision for a few months down the line.

It comes out in the summer. I don?t see this selling out anytime soon. The batpod might sell out.

Thanks everyone.

Doesn?t release for at least another year so you should be OK to wait a couple months.

Thanks everyone.

You have the time to at least set aside 20 bucks a paycheck until then and can have something at least

The thing with this toy market is, yes it might not sell out, but usually something will happen, like people getting more money from all this bonus cash, especially close to release date.

people who already have the dark night are not really spending that much for another one so that might work but you never know, I waited for count dooku, then first stimulus hit and was unavailable afterwards [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife suddenly wanted to watch the first two Nolan flicks the other day and you can forget how great they are, if it's been awhile. This figure, while divisive for some, looks pretty fantastic for those who don't have one. I tend to stay away from the all leather/rubber/what-have-you bodies but am stoked these movies are getting revisited and, like everyone else here, am hoping for a new Ledger Joker.

My wife suddenly wanted to watch the first two Nolan flicks the other day and you can forget how great they are, if it's been awhile. This figure, while divisive for some, looks pretty fantastic for those who don't have one. I tend to stay away from the all leather/rubber/what-have-you bodies but am stoked these movies are getting revisited and, like everyone else here, am hooping for a new Ledger Joker.

Yep, I'm holding out on PO-ing the reissue bats until ledger joker is announced as I really only want Bats if I can get a nice little TDK shelf going. They really are great films though and just goes to show how impactful they really were with how there's still collectors out there willing to buy the merch.

I've got the "Arsenal with Alfred and Bruce" release and was able to coble up loose parts (back in the day) to have both a complete figure and an arsenal outfit and yet I still am tempted to pick this one up.

As Ropen mentioned above, put a way a few bucks every paycheck and pick up the figure when released. This is a must-have for any Nolan Batman fan.

If possible, squirrel away a little extra and pick up the bike as well. Truly surprised that the price is almost the same as the original release's from years ago.

I just hope that a Joker 3.0 will have faux hair. It is the logical next step upgrade for this figure.

I've got the "Arsenal with Alfred and Bruce" release and was able to coble up loose parts (back in the day) to have both a complete figure and an arsenal outfit and yet I still am tempted to pick this one up.

As Ropen mentioned above, put a way a few bucks every paycheck and pick up the figure when released. This is a must-have for any Nolan Batman fan.

If possible, squirrel away a little extra and pick up the bike as well. Truly surprised that the price is almost the same as the original release's from years ago.

I just hope that a Joker 3.0 will have faux hair. It is the logical next step upgrade for this figure.

Faux hair would be a downgrade.

Honestly, I kinda doubt they will do it. I think it may be too difficult the style the hair properly on a mass production level at this price point.

Of course, I don't know anything about anything, so I could be completely wrong. I hope I am.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Another advice, when this does finally hit the market, but extra belts whenever possible, I must had went through at least 4 of them that just became unglued and broke afterwards, The arsenal Batman set managed to help me but still it was a pain in the rear most of the time [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faux hair would be a downgrade.

I disagree, highly. The customs have taken the figure to a higher level, as far as realism.

Honestly, I kinda doubt they will do it. I think it may be too difficult the style the hair properly on a mass production level at this price point.

Of course, I don't know anything about anything, so I could be completely wrong. I hope I am.

I unfortunately agree with you. The good looking ones use Tibetan Lambs wool or something close to that. Synthetic hair just won't look as good.

I disagree, highly. The customs have taken the figure to a higher level, as far as realism.

I unfortunately agree with you. The good looking ones use Tibetan Lambs wool or something close to that. Synthetic hair just won't look as good.
Yeah, and Ledger's hair requires a way more specific style than most of the rooted hair pieces HT has done.

I just had a custom done recently, so fortunately if HT drops the ball like they did with the 1/4 head I am still on a good spot. If HT knocks it out of the park, that's great, too.
1691fe0bd20c32d175532390e3ab055d.jpg
5f3c4cadc3d029d8b015196b65d30a12.jpg
2bdeea7c83b5884821a891060a1f25fd.jpg
bb172f450f88bf3933666faf234c3c35.jpg

Yeah, and Ledger's hair requires a way more specific style than most of the rooted hair pieces HT has done.

I just had a custom done recently, so fortunately if HT drops the ball like they did with the 1/4 head I am still on a good spot. If HT knocks it out of the park, that's great, too.

Love the sculpt! That's some fantastic work right there.

Can you tell me whose sculpt that is and who did the paint/hairing?

The sculpt is by Dean Tolliver (i.e. Creg). The paintwork is by @a_yuri_c, and the hair is by @studio_zzi_jeong (both on Instagram).

As to costs, I will leave them to quote their prices to those who are interested, but I will say that I found they offered lower prices compared to some of the other artists I investigated. That's not a knock on anyone; I genuinely believe an artist should charge what they feel their work is worth, and everyone I looked into looked like they were absolutely worth their price tag--I just mention it because obviously we all have budgets for any given project and what you are willing to pay is part of selecting an artist.

The sculpt is by Dean Tolliver (i.e. Creg). The paintwork is by @a_yuri_c, and the hair is by @studio_zzi_jeong (both on Instagram).

As to costs, I will leave them to quote their prices to those who are interested, but I will say that I found they offered lower prices compared to some of the other artists I investigated. That's not a knock on anyone; I genuinely believe an artist should charge what they feel their work is worth, and everyone I looked into looked like they were absolutely worth their price tag--I just mention it because obviously we all have budgets for any given project and what you are willing to pay is part of selecting an artist.

I thought that was the creg sculpt - Dean just keeps making them better and better. Congratulations - it looks fantastic!

I completely agree with you on the pricing. Painting and hairing by a good artist can easily exceed several times the cost of the figure, but it's all in what you're comfortable with - especially with the 1/4 scale (which obviously takes more time and effort by the artist). If someone is serious about getting one done, they should contact the artist(s) directly. Also, be prepared to wait for the better artists just because they're usually pretty busy. I waited about 14 months for mine.

There's a whole thread on the 1/4 Joker that has some customs posted in it, if anyone is interested.

As far as a 3.0 Joker from Hot Toys, it would be really cool to see them investing more in the Nolan franchise. I just hope they step up their game on the ledger sculpt, which isn't nearly as good as some of the customs, IMO (e.g. Creg, Jaxon, etc). I do think they did a much better job with the Bruce Wayne sculpt on the upcoming DX19 (at least on the prototype), so I'm encouraged by that. I've got one of those on pre-order also.

Unless Joker 3.0 makes some really substantial improvements over the DX11, I doubt I'd be a buyer for it, just because I'm already invested in the DX11.

I'm hoping it's not the same sculpt as the 1/4, and they get someone other than Yulli to sculpt it.

Back