1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pmJ1gZo.jpg
xwmQRfP.jpg
Very nice but just look how sad he is. :(

The thing I like about the the DX11 is the laughing headsculpt. So if they're reissuing another Ledger Joker, I'd like one with a psychotic smile. Every headsculpt, even the expensive customs, always has this boring serious look to the point it should ask itself "Why so serious?"

I completely agree. Many customs look amazingly real and lifelike, but the expressions are rather boring. I don't mind a serious/stern/determined look, but some of the custom sculpts really have him looking like he's about to fall asleep :lol

I understand but Asmus is doing something similar with their "Crown" line version of Gandalf the Grey.

I would rather loose some of the accessories for the Joker but have an amazing looking head sculpt with rooted hair, if this meant keeping prices "reasonable".

I'll be honest, I normally prefer molded hair on figures but this is one character that deserves that extra level of detailing. It is time for Hot Toys to take the 1/6 figure production up another notch.
Gotta remember that Asmus is a much smaller company than HT and isn't producing the large numbers like HT. Asmus has the ability to have their staff hand implant the hair in the crown series b/c of the low edition number. HT manufactures at higher production numbers and just don't have the time to do that for 1000's of these things compared to the 100s that Asmus has. Also, Crown Gandalf is $350 whereas as DX19 is almost $290. No way HT is going to charge only $50 more for hand implanted hair, they'd charge $4-$500 at minimum for something like what Asmus is doing. Not to mention, HT currently is taking the cheap, lazy and outdated way of doing rooted hair with the standard Barbie style of hair being punched into a plastic "cap" that's then glued onto the head. I'd be happy to eat some humble pie though :lol

Plus, I'm an accessories junky. I really HATE barebone figures when the cost is so high and only climbing. For someone like Joker, Batman etc who have used or at least we've seen accessories for on screen, I want them included. It sucks that the DX19 doesn't come with the backpack and I doubt that one item would've broken the bank.

I don't foresee Hot Toys doing rooted, at least like Asmus is doing for Gandalf. It won't work if it's rooted like a Wonder Woman headsculpt.

As for the expression, with their penchant for open mouth sculpts lately, I wouldn't bet against this:

the-joker-the-joker-29460236-832-354.jpg

Agreed, I know the somewhat neutral, serious face may seem overplayed, but for some people, it would be a lone Joker, and a preference. People with multiples or who have owned multiples over the years are more likely to want exotics, and HT seems to be aiming at those just looking to add a figure to their collection, thus DX19 being a slightly improved repackage of the prior figure.

That what the DX01 was based on. An updated version would be nice.

I like the clean makeup too, but I think most people prefer the Interogation sequence makeup tho.

bvRT9mi.jpg

His hair looks shorter there for some reason. Speaking of the photo, I remember going to my local cable company in 2008 and they had that photo as a large cardboard cutout promoting the film. I've never seen it since and I wanted it so bad.

I always wonder did he get an haircut in this interrogation scene?

To me, the second head that came with the original Bank Robber figure has been HT's best Joker sculpt, just hated the eyes painted off to the side.

mms79-joker3.jpg

Not saying it's the best Joker sculpt out there, just the one I like best from HT.

Only ledger joker I ever owned was the bank robber 1.0. When daft toys came out with their set, I jumped on it and use the second head on it. It is their best.

4cf9f097bf8f583cb16ca552ffa3b3a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might not be the right thread. What happened to Toysbuyingagent’s Hot Toys supply? Was having the trigger on the DX19 over at their site, but now everything hot toys related is gone :impatient:

Ah well, I'll get it elsewhere then!

It's a bit of a mystery. Only the day before I messaged Timcent on ebay asking why it appeared he wasn't shipping to Ireland anymore (was thinking of coming out of Hot Toys retirement) and he directed me to that site. I try out a couple of figures in my cart to get final cost after shipping and decide to sleep on it. Next day everything's gone.

Maybe the universe is telling me something.

It's a bit of a mystery. Only the day before I messaged Timcent on ebay asking why it appeared he wasn't shipping to Ireland anymore (was thinking of coming out of Hot Toys retirement) and he directed me to that site. I try out a couple of figures in my cart to get final cost after shipping and decide to sleep on it. Next day everything's gone.

Maybe the universe is telling me something.
I hope they'll get back up soon. Read a comment on their Facebook page that a similar thing happened years ago to another reseller. In that case the reseller was banned from purchasing/selling Hot Toys goods because of also selling knock-off figures on the site. I hope that's not the case for Toysbuyingagent and Timcent88. Then we won't see HT on their site for a couple of years or ever.

Mailed one of the Hong Kong sellers. Hot Toys and Sideshow are supposedly forcing them to stop selling Hot Toys figures. Weird move by Sideshow, guess the market doesn't like their monopoly prices and shifted towards the smaller HK sellers.

If Sideshow lowered their prices by ~5% and the ridiculous shipping fees(60USD for a regular figure) then consumers would probably go back to ordering with them.

Mailed one of the Hong Kong sellers. Hot Toys and Sideshow are supposedly forcing them to stop selling Hot Toys figures. Weird move by Sideshow, guess the market doesn't like their monopoly prices and shifted towards the smaller HK sellers.

If Sideshow lowered their prices by ~5% and the ridiculous shipping fees(60USD for a regular figure) then consumers would probably go back to ordering with them.

Sideshow have way too much power if they can effectively lean on Hot Toys to shut down Hong Kong sellers. Hopefully this won't effect the orders I have with KG Hobby and Toys Wonderland.

Sideshow have way too much power if they can effectively lean on Hot Toys to shut down Hong Kong sellers. Hopefully this won't effect the orders I have with KG Hobby and Toys Wonderland.

Why dont you guys dont buy from onesixthkit?

If this is true, Sideshow are being dicks at this point. Now, their rewards points expire after a year and can't be used for merchandise of $50 and below.

Back