Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic of the difference in my two:
DSC01064.jpg

Wow, that is a pretty profound difference. :google

Haven't really checked my figure for awhile now. Still in the box as I was moving and I still have not gotten a display case for my figures yet.

I do remember a scene from the movie where the suit really looks like its matte - I believe its the scene where Batman speaks to Gordon in the vault, right after he captures the Scarecrow and the fake Batmen.

I can't find a screencap but I'm remember the suit does not have any shine whatsoever in that scene.

Haven't really checked my figure for awhile now. Still in the box as I was moving and I still have not gotten a display case for my figures yet.

I do remember a scene from the movie where the suit really looks like its matte - I believe its the scene where Batman speaks to Gordon in the vault, right after he captures the Scarecrow and the fake Batmen.

I can't find a screencap but I'm remember the suit does not have any shine whatsoever in that scene.

You're absolutely right, so I guess in some respects Hot Toys made an ultra accurate suit, which even ages with time as the real one does :lol:slap

Just out of curiosity why even bother having him if you don't display it?

I mean its a $300 figure thats just sitting in a box? It's not like 7" figures or something that have a big open window, I can see hanging that on your wall or whatever and still being able to see the figure itself everyday with the box art lending itself to the effect/display, but with a company like Hot Toys the figure is basically art itself. I just can't fathom having it in a box the entire time you own it until one day you just have to sell it, seems I personally would be able to take zero enjoyment from that.

There are just simply some figures I display and some I don't. Honestly, I have many figures displayed, but when it comes to figures that may be affected by the environment, I'd rather enjoy it for a little then store it. I just have some form of OCD that I would not be able to enjoy having some figures sitting out in the open :lol. And I really do get this sense of enjoyment out of them, knowing that the figures are safe and that I can look at them whenever I want to. On top of that my detolf is full. For me, the more money the figures, the more careful I have to be with them in terms of how I keep them, and the really rare ones I don't even remove from the box. Just how I collect, it makes me happy and I wouldn't be able to enjoy this hobby any other way.

I still have mines in storage. Do you think where we are will cause our HT to deteriorate faster? Damn now I'm worried.

I don't think so, as long as it's in the box or some kind of case. Mine is boxed in a cabinet in my toy room, stored with some of my rarer items and it is still perfect. Now if I took it to the beach that would be an other story...Rubber Suit+ Beach =SANDMAN! So far in terms of rubber bodies I have HT TDK V1 Batman, Rocky 3, and Rambo 3 all displayed and have not noticed any deterioration so far, so the tropical climate doesn't seem to have much affect.

^ my wife likes keep things all nice & new & in the box too, only to open it in a couple of years time to find it's falling apart or busted, Time & oxygen is the ultimate destroyer, display them & enjoy them

Time & oxygen is the ultimate destroyer, display them & enjoy them
yep, thats what I think too;)
by the way....there are a couple of pics where the HT OC Batman looks so nice black and shiny, how did they do that? Amoureall? I realize mine is fadin too:( so I'm looking for a way to bring its shine and dark black colour back;) any idea?
cheers
Logan

Now are we all sure that the matte looking finish to this fig is just due to the material deteriorating over time? Every one's was nice and shiny from day one?

Maybe it's not even that. Maybe it's the acid off some peoples fingers/oily hands.

Maybe it's not even that. Maybe it's the acid off some peoples fingers/oily hands.

I thought about this. I always wash my hands before I handle my things in my collection, just out of habit and a bad case of OCD.

Mine looks the same today as it did when I got it 2 years ago.

Same here, exactly the same.

Doesn't look a bit dried out or faded at all.

My Dog Alien though, i am going to get some of that 303 Aerospace Protectant for that this week, as mine doesn't look very shiny, only in certain areas.

Back