Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought someone cured your heartache already?

I thought so too. I got it in today and after I was told it was in mind condition and was perfect I opened it only to find a chunk missing from the nameplate and there is no looking around it. I have PM'd this person as they shall remain nameless for now just in the case I get my refund but if not I will make sure no one does business with them again.

The talk in this thread from last week about the suit breaking down from it's original shine to a dull, gray look had me taking a look at my own. I'm happy to report that it's still as wonderfully perfect as the day I bought it. Being one of my favorite figures I really hope he stays that way forever. :D

youre talking about this one right? not the dx one right? PM me

is this mint enough.
DSC00388a.jpg

DSC00389a.jpg

I will never claim that anything I used is "perfect and mint." You never know how ____ retentive the person asking is about it, and how they might view "perfect and mint" as different than you do.

The above stand looks precisely like mine, but I wouldn't say it is mint because the cavity in the stand base necessarily gets some very minor wear when you put the base together.

I will never claim that anything I used is "perfect and mint." You never know how ____ retentive the person asking is about it, and how they might view "perfect and mint" as different than you do.

The above stand looks precisely like mine, but I wouldn't say it is mint because the cavity in the stand base necessarily gets some very minor wear when you put the base together.

the stand I got today from someone that said it was perfect is this one right here:
IMG_1923.jpg

now the only reason I am pissed about this is I paid 40 dollars for this and I was assured it was perfect and now this person is not answering my PM's. If I do not get a refund and hear back from them soon I will say who they are and take action but I am waiting patiently.

I understand that, and see that the stand there is damaged, but I was making a general point about saying that something is "perfectly mint". If the buyer notices a small scuff on the bottom that you can only see in a certain light from a certain angle, that could upset them.

I think we can look back at the posts in this thread and discern who the person is, but in any event that is not mint. I have not taken my stand out of the box at all, so I know mine would be mint.

I think we can look back at the posts in this thread and discern who the person is, but in any event that is not mint. I have not taken my stand out of the box at all, so I know mine would be mint.
Yeah, that is the one instance in which I might call something perfectly mint, but I probably still wouldn't. Just my own take on these kinds of things.

the stand I got today from someone that said it was perfect is this one right here:
IMG_1923.jpg

now the only reason I am pissed about this is I paid 40 dollars for this and I was assured it was perfect and now this person is not answering my PM's. If I do not get a refund and hear back from them soon I will say who they are and take action but I am waiting patiently.

No honor among freaks!?

Don't let this go, because that just ain't right! :nono:maul

Yeah, that is the one instance in which I might call something perfectly mint, but I probably still wouldn't. Just my own take on these kinds of things.

What is mint then? if somebody looks after something. No dents, scuffs, scrapes marks whatever. Still looks the same the day a person got it, then what is it?

Is mint condition only with the new smell?... never handled. Hot Toys handled it.

This isn't implied to L, if I had a used stand personally... as long as it looks fine from the top in every angle then that is fine. If there was scuffs at the bottom, I'm talking hairline marks from moving the stand with a figure on the desk that wouldn't really bother me. It's still unavoidable and you're not going to see that anyway. Not dents or huge pits either. There is still an easy way to solve that part and make it look snazzy. Black sticky felt carefully cut with a craft knife. You usually see it on crystal displays, ornaments and fancy chess pieces usually dark green or red.

I have heard back from the seller and they appologized as well as agreed to refund my money. I always have faith in my fellow freaks.

I have heard back from the seller and they appologized as well as agreed to refund my money. I always have faith in my fellow freaks.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Do your fellow freaks, Right! :clap

Congrats to the both of you!

The stand in question was mine. It had never been removed from the box and was still in the plastic baggie when I took it out. Honestly, it was mint when it was mailed, but like a doofus I used a padded mailer instead of a small box. :slap I emailed him back as soon as I got his message (I can only check the boards at work) and refunded his money immediately. Heck, I even paid him back a little extra to cover the return shipping.

Moral of the story: Mailer envelopes are not my friend when fellow freaks need their items MINT.:)

You can use a mailer for stuff like that, but pad the ____ out of it. Wrap it in plastic bubble wrap and newspaper inside the mailer.

Still no guarantee it will arrive "perfect" and in "mint" condition, but you could avoid nasty dings like the one on the stand in question.

Back