Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears there is something wrong with your batman. the color is fading,. I checked mine and thats not the case. mine are in a room that is not always the coolest in the summer but the sunlight does not shine in it directly. it still filters in the room.

this is my second. the first, I sold off as wear and tear because i left it posed and it creased his suit a bit. I ate the cost difference and re bought it. when i got my second i always felt there was a weird textural thing going on with it, the fist had a nice smooth finish on the chest but the second seemed to be marked up a bit, it was never opened either.

these things seem to have horrible quality control.

My Batman, stiil in my collectors room all the time with AC, and I don't have any problems looks perfect.

Just got mine today, i can see the color difference slightly but its not as grey as the pictures you were showing. Hope mine does not fade too much it was never opened before i got it.

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

I've had 3 of these at one point or another, and have noticed a slight difference in the sheen of the rubber between them. But nothing so extreme as to cause me concern.

my first had more of a sheen and even rubber texture too... but my new one has not altered from when I first got it... its coming on maybe a year and it's still the same. something im going to be worried about now. I love how these things get ruined ny just sitting on the shelf doing nothing.

Guess I'm glad I settled for Takara.

So yeah, there it is. I don't know what to think. My Takara Batman that was stored RIGHT next to it and handled the same way still looks and feels like the figure I bought, wow, four years ago. Yet my two year old figure doesn't seem the same. I know the Takara suit was much stronger and durable (made it harder to hold poses) than the OC version but I didn't think that this meant the rubber was better.

He has done a lot to his.

He bulked it up by adding wool in certain areas, he modded the cowl majorly - replaced the face plate with the Medi TDK Batman face plate and also did some changes to the neck.

I only wish I had the talent to do all those mods!

For those saying how matte their suit has become it's honestly more accurate.

jbat14.jpg

jbat15.jpg

Only in darker light it's shinier. Or spotlight bright areas hitting it.

beginsis1.jpg

batman2xk0.jpg

What's the general consensus regarding these rubber suits? In 10 years will these still look semi the same or will they have cracked and dried out?

that's it?

THAT'S IT??

D1209Holy-Grail-Killer-Rabbit-Posters.jpg

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XcxKIJTb3Hg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XcxKIJTb3Hg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

What's the general consensus regarding these rubber suits? In 10 years will these still look semi the same or will they have cracked and dried out?

The million dollar question.

It all depends on your environment.

A room with sunlight and/or sun rays, smoking, fusty/dusty, lots of aerosol air freshener/deodorant spraying, humid room conditions, effects from odors/spores in the air from not very well kept rooms, condensation or fairly cold damp rooms.

Aerosols are one of the worst over a period of time. As is smoking I'd imagine. Saying that they all really play a part but aerosols from the chemicals/particles over time landing on the rubber in very fine doses even though you don't see it can have drastic effects over time. As is a room with sunlight even though your figure isn't actually in direct sunlight. The sun-rays can take the goodness out of the rubber drying it out.

This is such a weird coincidence. Since I read the post against using Armor-All I was going to recommend 303 Products; I use them on my cars and they are fantastic.

https://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/65/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm

Upon reading their web site to see if they say anything about latex, this is what I found:

https://www.303products.com/shop303...pace-protectant-effective-on-latex-rubber.cfm

Although it does not say Hot Toys, it does talk about Batman :lol

Anyway, like I said I have been using their protectant on my two cars and they are not oily or greasy at all. I will try it on the back of my Batman before doing the front. I don't think it would damage it but can never be to careful.

Luis

I don't think there is a consensus, because there is no way to know! Some of Hot Toys' earlier Rocky and Rambo bodies are already experiencing distress (though some aren't). I guess you are taking a gamble with any of these collectibles, though. Some of my old ARAH GI Joes that became so brittle, they would just break looking at them funny (particularly the OG 13). When dealing with rubber and plastic, I wouldn't expect these to survive for 100 years.

This is such a weird coincidence. Since I read the post against using Armor-All I was going to recommend 303 Products; I use them on my cars and they are fantastic.

https://www.303products.com/shop303/index.cfm/category/65/303-aerospace-protectant.cfm

Upon reading their web site to see if they say anything about latex, this is what I found:

https://www.303products.com/shop303...pace-protectant-effective-on-latex-rubber.cfm

Although it does not say Hot Toys, it does talk about Batman :lol

Anyway, like I said I have been using their protectant on my two cars and they are not oily or greasy at all. I will try it on the back of my Batman before doing the front. I don't think it would damage it but can never be to careful.

Luis

Oh wow haha that is such a coincident that they would mention the batman films :D I think I picked up this for engine dressing but never ended applying it.. maybe this summer but please take some pictures of your test as I wonder if will create a glossy shine to the surface or leave it flat which is what I prefer.
So it is still the case that Amourall contains petroleum right? I am not wrongfully accusing them? :p

Back