EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may be, but I would still like some sort of support to keep them standing. If the cabinet, table, etc. gets bumped and one falls, they could turn into dominos. How about a peg in the foot or stand that would secure them? Not obvious and would still do the job. But yeah, I don't really like the current option.
Learn how to balance your figures and they won't fall when done properly. Check this Patrol trooper, notice the right foot doesn't even touch the floor fully and the figure is still in perfect balance and won't fall over.
1FF9AA04-AA35-4D32-8E2E-2CE01C9C5119.jpeg
36BD5C65-7528-474D-B0E4-7266856E8F0E.jpeg

Firstly, they are all coming home with me.
In regards to the TWOK uniform, I wonder if they will offer two different coats, one open and one closed as part of a standard package. Whatever they have to do to make it look accurate. My big concern is Star Trek 6. My personal favorite among the old crew films. I don't like to get duplicates and I'm not sure how different the uniforms are between ST 2 & 6. I'm quite surprised we haven't heard anything about ST 6. If the TWOK figures are going to double as ST 6 figures as well then the open flap is a MUST. as it was open quite a bit during ST 6. I actually like it open design as "standard" way of displaying the uniform even though I know it isn't right.

I like the look of screen colors but will most likely go with set colors which is what I remember seeing from Generations. Plus there several times when the set colors pop up in a random scene of TNG depending on lighting.

I wouldn't fret about the sculpts. It has been said many times they are prototypes.

Last edited:
Learn how to balance your figures and they won't fall when done properly. Check this Patrol trooper, notice the right foot doesn't even touch the floor fully and the figure is still in perfect balance and won't fall over.View attachment 574941View attachment 574942
Yeah, put that in a detolf in any average house as people are stomping around and it'll wobble like a jelly, then it will swiftly fall over.

In the majority of homes however, unless your house is built on granite and everyone glides around with the grace of a ballerina, figures need some extra support "just in case", regardless of how well balanced they are.

1/6 figure companies should really work on the magnet idea, it's a great one.

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was watching TNG season six and the later uniform shirts were tucked into pants and cinched with a belt right? It wasn't a loose shirt. I never remember a time when the shirts rode up above the pants

^
that is cool. When possible, I incorporate magnets in the feet of my custom characters also.

I hate using supports but most out of necessity.

However, these Star Trek bodies are the most stable ones I’ve seen.

I have the kp clouseau figure the magnets are only good for static straight leg poses...unless the knees and hips have ratcheted joints magnets are just an added expense.
I never considered that I guess. For Star Trek figures who I mostly pose in museum stances it would work. More action poses it may not be the most ideal.

Last edited:
My worry about magnets in the feet is that those ankle pegs better never loosen up over time or the figure will still end up leaning over in some direction.
Was thinking the same thing or similar. Ankles, legs , back etc loosening.

I’m definitely ordering from Exo-6 directly from now on in the states. Still waiting for Mirror Spock to even get into stock at Sideshow let alone ship. REALLY looking forward to adding him to the collection. Then, with Sideshow’s “expected” to be in the warehouse within 10 days you are still left guessing. Ug.

EC8F383D-D9A9-4097-B63C-9F2C93DB97D8.jpeg

But why? The figures already stay perfectly on themselves, no need for a mangnet. And @nanjin already mentioned before that their gravity point is lower so that they can stand better them other figures.
I switched from stands to just using blu tak/museum gell on all of my 60 figures I own and haven't had any issues. Just a tiny dab on the bottom of the feet of a figure works perfectly and cleans up the display

Apologies if this was answered but does anyone know why Janeway and seven have necks separate from their heads but all the male characters seems to have an attached neck?

Apologies if this was answered but does anyone know why Janeway and seven have necks separate from their heads but all the male characters seems to have an attached neck?
This doesn't answer your question, but Sisko figure's head is separate from the neck.

Back