EXO-6 Star Trek "Strange New Worlds" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanguard1138

Freakzoid
Reaction score
StarTrek.com has just released the announcement of an Exo-6 Strange New Worlds line

cp_exo-6_snw-bridge-crew_1.png

It seems to be launching with Pike, Una, Spock, La'an and Chapel

Pike:
pike_2plain6.png

Una:
una16.png

Spock:
snw_spock_plain6.png

La'an:
laan_1plain8.png

Chapel:
chapel1_plain8 (1).png

Banner:
snw_crew.png.png

Spock looks superb, probably their best sculpt and paint up to date. He's also on the red planet background that was the tease earlier in the week.
Pike and La'an need some touching up
I can only assume Una and especially Chapel are in the early proto phase. The likeness definitely isn't there yet.

Wow these came out of nowhere. Spock and Chapel are the real standouts to me. Pike is almost there but the others seem pretty vague in the likeness department. And hopefully those uniforms will be made to be a lot more form fitting as well.

I'm kinda disappointed. All the women need their sculpts revised. Especially Una, she's the worst. I can see the likeness in Chapel and La'an, but it's not enough. Spock is the best, followed by Pike's hair, and then Pike. I think the issue I'm having with Pike is the lighting in those pictures.

The uniforms don't look as sharp as I expected, tbh. They did such a good job with the Discovery uniforms, these just look kinda chunky and baggy.

This series was always going to be the ultimate test of my TOS-only stance, but I'm remaining resolute... for now. :ROFLMAO:

I definitely would have preferred to see M'Benga or Uhura in the initial lineup than La'an.

Also, I really hope these come with the cool landing party jackets.

captain-and-number-one-deep-in-thought-star-trek-strange-new-wor.jpeg

Looks like La'an has rooted hair for her ponytail.

I kinda wish Pike and Spock had bodies with attached necks. Would probably help keep those black collars in place, and the traps uniform.

Ok I’m very excited for these…Pike, Spock and Chapel look great. Una definitely needs some work tho. I’m assuming these are early prototypes as I remember months and months ago Nanjin mentioned they were being worked on. Also hope the fit of the uniforms improve as well!

Initial disappointment with some aspects of these figures is wearing off. They're probably just using different material for the prototype outfits, which would explain the thickness and bagginees I'm seeing. If Spock is going up instead of Kruge tomorrow, it'd be nice to see what he comes with. Looking forward to seeing what Nanjin says about these on his page later. Hopefully it sheds some more light on what I'm going to be buying from his company.

If I take my glasses off and hold the photos out to where my vision blurs, a lot of these look pretty good.

The version of Pike they have on display looks much better than the one they put up on the star trek website. On SixScaleMafia's stream they mentioned Pike is the first one up within 1-2 months.

They all look pretty great in the photos up at Vegas…Una is still a miss for me tho…that uniform makes her look really bulky.

Spock looks superb, probably their best sculpt and paint up to date. He's also on the red planet background that was the tease earlier in the week.
Pike and La'an need some touching up
I can only assume Una and especially Chapel are in the early proto phase. The likeness definitely isn't there yet.
Agreed, Spock is the definite standout, I’d go as far to say that it would be difficult to even improve on him.

I actually prefer the Discovery Season 2 Pike uniform to the SNW one. Would be awesome if we got a deluxe edition with both shirts. I believe the pants and boots are the same.

I really hope they improve the hair on Chapel. I know it's probably a tricky thing to sculpt, but I still feel like it could be done better than this.

And the proportions still need some work too. Pike and Spock need to be a lot more buff and La'an needs a few more curves on her.

Back