EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep to all. Necks attached to the bodies. I’m guessing it became the standard body type because most female costumes have exposed neck lines.
Aahh. So you trade exposed neck line for exposed jaw seam. Seems arbitrary though. I would have thought exo-6 would have changed the female body since most female characters don't show chest cleavage. That jaw seamline is distracting 😄

If the costume covers most of the upper body, I wonder if it'd be possible for head sculpts to have a thin hollow neck that could slide over the neck on the body.

The neck being part of the head sculpt or a separate piece is something that’s never really bothered me either way. Actually truthfully I think sculpts separate from the neck are easier to pop off and on.

I switched from stands to just using blu tak/museum gell on all of my 60 figures I own and haven't had any issues. Just a tiny dab on the bottom of the feet of a figure works perfectly and cleans up the display
Do you have any issues with discoloration or residue when you unmount them?

I prefer a separate neck/head on all figures. I think it was a shame when Hot Toys switched from that to solid neck/head sculpts. I don't think that figures are are as versatile to pose with the fixed neck, they look more stiff.
Yup same here. You can make a pose look so much more natural and expressive when you can actually tilt and angle the head.

I've never seen a female 1/6 body without the neck although head/neck on the males gives a better likeness, I imagine the neckless female heads are just industry standard because bodies just haven't been designed to fit female head/neck combos.

Hasbro's Disney Star Wars 'Elite Series' is a rare case of having female sculpts with necks, e.g., Jyn Erso and Rey.

It's a long neck that plugs directly into the ball joint in the body without any other attachments in between.

They're good petite bodies, but since they bucked the trend you have to create a neck in order to use regular female sculpts with them.

It comes down to degrees of realism I suppose. Sure you have slightly more realistic poseability but it's negated by an unrealistic seam. I've never complained about the more limited head poseability in any of my male HT figures. For me it comes down to minimizing clues that the figure is a figure by hiding exposed joints. But to each their own 👍🏻

Yup same here. You can make a pose look so much more natural and expressive when you can actually tilt and angle the head.
I agree. The variation of poses really make the difference. But... it really depends on how well the joint between the neck and head sculpt is. It if blends in well, I love it. When it doesn't, it is a definite eyesore.

I am also hoping for at least one Romulan in that cool shimmering color-changing clothing material, preferably Tomalak.
I would love a figure of John Fleck's Romulan Taibak. He was great in The Mind's Eye and in DS9 as Koval. He was also Silik the Suliban on Enterprise.
Image-The-Minds-Eye-John-Fleck-Romulan.jpg
Taibak.jpg

Koval.jpg

Silik2151.jpg

Back