EXO-6 Star Trek “Picard” Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know that Vadic (Amanda Plummer) has been teased on the promos as of now, how many here are actually going to pick her up once it’s officially solicited? I honestly don’t know anything about her acting career.

We all know that Vadic (Amanda Plummer) has been teased on the promos as of now, how many here are actually going to pick her up once it’s officially solicited? I honestly don’t know anything about her acting career.
Yeah that will be a definite pass for me, no matter how great the sculpt is. She was a pretty memorable villain, but not enough for me to want to spend $240 on her.

I thought she looked exceptionally well done on the teaser but I wouldn’t pull the trigger. Picard and Riker are the only two I would’ve considered from this line.

Why is Shaw so expensive? I have no desire to grab any of these but it worries me if this is an indication of future prices.

Why is Shaw so expensive? I have no desire to grab any of these but it worries me if this is an indication of future prices.

I think costs overall just have to go up a bit.
It's still, at least, significantly cheaper than most other 1/6 scale figures.

@KXG - Would you rather pay $80 USD for a 1/6 scaled 5 points of articulation figure and somewhat decently detailed?

You’re not the only person that has been expressing the prices in regards to 1/6 figures.

I think costs overall just have to go up a bit.
It's still, at least, significantly cheaper than most other 1/6 scale figures.

That is correct. Everything is going up in prices due to what is going around the world right now.

A Mondo 1/6 MOTU figure costs $160 USD years ago and now asking $280 USD now for a oversized (and over glorified) version of the 1/12 figure that’s is based on. Hot Toys base 1/6 figures are so going up in price as well. Yes, there are die hards how are willing to spend $$$ for the figures that they want into their collection.

The world is getting more expensive. The young people are waaaay worse off than the older ones which means they have less spending money (and the older ones are dying off). I'm surprised that EXO hasn't gone up in price MORE.
It's a double edged sword though. They up the price and in this crazy world it gets harder and harder to justify since most people have considerably LESS money to spend. Collectibles and other "fun" things like this go by the wayside and unless the world gets better economically somehow soon, I imagine it'll just continue to get worse and worse and stuff like Trek 1/6 might have a much harder time existing.

I do agree though that comparatively Shaw is pretty expensive. He doesn’t have much in terms of accessories.

Well, really, for most Trek figures how much can you give them? What else would they give Shaw, besides maybe a cane? I wonder if maybe the prices for Shaw are related to the estimated preorders. Like, if he's going to naturally sell less, you have to raise the price a bit to compensate.

@KXG - Would you rather pay $80 USD for a 1/6 scaled 5 points of articulation figure and somewhat decently detailed?

You’re not the only person that has been expressing the prices in regards to 1/6 figures.

That is correct. Everything is going up in prices due to what is going around the world right now.

A Mondo 1/6 MOTU figure costs $160 USD years ago and now asking $280 USD now for a oversized (and over glorified) version of the 1/12 figure that’s is based on. Hot Toys base 1/6 figures are so going up in price as well. Yes, there are die hards how are willing to spend $$$ for the figures that they want into their collection.

Yeah, that's why I'm not really getting anything besides Trek figures now. Every once in a while something might come out that sparks my interest, but in general I feel like my collection is pretty much complete except for Trek.
Now, if they ever make a 1/6 scale Candyman, or another Big Chap Alien...but we all have grail figures.

The world is getting more expensive. The young people are waaaay worse off than the older ones which means they have less spending money (and the older ones are dying off). I'm surprised that EXO hasn't gone up in price MORE.
It's a double edged sword though. They up the price and in this crazy world it gets harder and harder to justify since most people have considerably LESS money to spend. Collectibles and other "fun" things like this go by the wayside and unless the world gets better economically somehow soon, I imagine it'll just continue to get worse and worse and stuff like Trek 1/6 might have a much harder time existing.
Yeah I wonder how many more of these minor supporting characters Exo will be able to produce, if even diehard Trek fans like us are starting to hold back now...

If prices go up, fine. It’s just most figures coming through so far have had issues of some sort, from minor to quite significant. If you have to bump costs, make sure your quality control goes up with it. They’re not Hot Toys but their pricing sure is going that way. My enthusiasm for this line has certainly dropped after a strong start and I just hope the figures I cherry-pick from this point are worth the wait.

Back