EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually poking fun at FlyAndFight with the Jason Isaacs comparison, it's funny how our brains see things.

The image that Johnny Utah posted with Picard in the Borg Alcove actually looks much better and completely different - the power of positioning and lighting.

Last edited:
Not even close to Sean Penn. This type of whining is why more people who make the figures don't post here.
Then they don't post here. This is a discussion board. I rather have discussions on figures than just an echo chamber of cheer-leaders.

Again, nothing but initial impressions were posted. As I previously mentioned, I got a Jason Isaac vibe from that one pic. I think it was the blue eyes, which are quite noticeable.

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the FC Picard. My absolute favorite until now.

However I do hope that TNG posterboy Picard gets an updated headsculpt because I don't feel that headsculpt at all. Or is it just me?

View attachment 574719

At first glance I thought it was Dragon Picard. But as nanjin says these are works in progress.

5B65149D-766C-41C0-BFDD-15F5235B12CE.jpeg

Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the FC Picard. My absolute favorite until now.

However I do hope that TNG posterboy Picard gets an updated headsculpt because I don't feel that headsculpt at all. Or is it just me?

View attachment 574719
Part of what I feel throws off this comparison is the difference in expression. I feel like the figure is going for a more intense look. The "You have just violated the neutral zone. If you do not withdraw immediately..." sort of look. The shape of the eyebrow especially is different because of it from the more relaxed on the left. For what it's trying to do, I think it's a quite good sculpt. I really like it.

Part of what I feel throws off this comparison is the difference in expression. I feel like the figure is going for a more intense look. The "You have just violated the neutral zone. If you do not withdraw immediately..." sort of look. The shape of the eyebrow especially is different because of it from the more relaxed on the left. For what it's trying to do, I think it's a quite good sculpt. I really like it.
It's not the expression. It's almost there, but three big things are wrong: 1) the chin dimple is missing 2) the eyes are slightly too narrow (side to side) 3) the eyes are blue and should be brown

Yeah I'm curious if you can actually get the flap to hang down naturally like that, without doing a water treatment on it first. I would think the fabric would be too stiff otherwise. And then once you do will you have an ugly crease across the front to worry about?
Having a magnet in the flap and another were the flap should rest would fix the hanging issue and we know Exo-6 are good with their magnets. Side note, wish Exo -6 would embrace magnetic feet to magnetic base so we could ditch the crotch grabber. Hot Toys should've been doing this years ago.

Having a magnet in the flap and another were the flap should rest would fix the hanging issue and we know Exo-6 are good with their magnets. Side note, wish Exo -6 would embrace magnetic feet to magnetic base so we could ditch the crotch grabber. Hot Toys should've been doing this years ago.
But why? The figures already stay perfectly on themselves, no need for a mangnet. And @nanjin already mentioned before that their gravity point is lower so that they can stand better them other figures.

Nanjin Tam

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 6 hrs ·

I think this is TMP V2.0 Spock head and V4.0 robe. Have done them too many times, lost count (version = number of new try, the tenth= variations)

The chair behind is the Refit twok captain's chair V3.0. It has been refined to V4.0, and developed to have 2 variations where the cushions are interchangable between TMP and TWOK version. V3.1 and V3.2 different configurations (possibly EX and SX)

Hi‐reolution CGI digital print backdrop with optical perspective illusion.

One stone 2 birds, provide vision connection between tmp and twok figures collections and the 2 different version of Refit Enterprise.

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

But why? The figures already stay perfectly on themselves, no need for a mangnet. And @nanjin already mentioned before that their gravity point is lower so that they can stand better them other figures.
It looks much better without the crotch grabber and no figure is balanced well enough in a detolf cabinet when I'm stomping around! :ROFLMAO: BTW this Kirk is still fantastic!

1651313565784.png
1651313590248.png

Nanjin Tam

Favourites · 6 hrs ·

I think this is TMP V2.0 Spock head and V4.0 robe. Have done them too many times, lost count (version = number of new try, the tenth= variations)

The chair behind is the Refit twok captain's chair V3.0. It has been refined to V4.0, and developed to have 2 variations where the cushions are interchangable between TMP and TWOK version. V3.1 and V3.2 different configurations (possibly EX and SX)

One stone 2 birds, provide vision connection between tmp and twok figures collections and the 2 different version of Refit Enterprise.

View attachment 574892
Well, that Spock head sculpt does look quite good. Also like the purple touches that break up that sea of black. Hopefully this 2-pack is something I can swing when the time comes. 🖖

Well, that Spock head sculpt does look quite good. Also like the purple touches that break up that sea of black. Hopefully this 2-pack is something I can swing when the time comes. 🖖
Agreed, loving the gold shine on Kirk as well. Excellent!

Last edited:

Nanjin Tam

Favourites · 6 hrs ·

View attachment 574892View attachment 574894View attachment 574895
These look great and I can't wait to have them!

That may be, but I would still like some sort of support to keep them standing. If the cabinet, table, etc. gets bumped and one falls, they could turn into dominos. How about a peg in the foot or stand that would secure them? Not obvious and would still do the job. But yeah, I don't really like the current option.

That may be, but I would still like some sort of support to keep them standing. If the cabinet, table, etc. gets bumped and one falls, they could turn into dominos. How about a peg in the foot or stand that would secure them? Not obvious and would still do the job. But yeah, I don't really like the current option.
My floorboards are quite springy so my figures can end up off balance even with the stands.

Nanjin Tam

Favourites · 6 hrs ·

View attachment 574892

Huh, never noticed before that Spock was wearing brown boots with the robe. I always assumed they were black like the rest. It's hard to find any good looks at them though, so I'll trust that it's accurate.

It does look like the pants should hang out more over the boots though.

tumblr_ncp0j0jKyq1sqf5tdo1_1280.jpg

Back