EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Spock’s death and rebirth more personally. The idea that he came back to life through the Genesis project seemed better written and thought out.

Picard’s death felt cheap. Like they wanted a shocking moment only to turn around within like five minutes and go: “just kidding!”.

What Star Trek: Picard could have done with the character is show him struggle further with Irumodic Syndrome, and then maybe if anything had him get some sort of an implant (cybernetic or whatever) to help him deal with it. I would have been more accepting of that versus killing him but not really, and then have him return as a synth.

Last edited:
I liked Spock’s death and rebirth more personally. The idea that he came back to life through the Genesis project seemed better written and thought out.

Picard’s death felt cheap. Like they wanted a shocking moment only to turn around within like five minutes and go: “just kidding!”.

What Star Trek: Picard could have done with the character is show him struggle further with Irumodic Syndrome, and then maybe if anything had him get some sort of an implant (cybernetic or whatever) to help him deal with it. I would have been more accepting of that versus killing him but not really, and then have him return as a synth.

I feel the ending was rushed. There was to much going on to tie it up in one episode.

Spock's return had a entire movie to explore it. Picard got like 5 minutes.

I just want to add that the profanity on the show was so out of place that it immediately took me out of the show.

I understand that it is the current fad in television but really not required or wanted in the Star Trek franchise. Is nudity next? A naked Jean-Luc? "Game of Picards"? Geesh...

I just want to add that the profanity on the show was so out of place that it immediately took me out of the show.

I understand that it is the current fad in television but really not required or wanted in the Star Trek franchise. Is nudity next? A naked Jean-Luc? "Game of Picards"? Geesh...

Profanity was already in Trek long before Picard.

That’s too bad. I haven’t had the chance to watch the new Trek yet simply because as a working parent of 3 very active kids it’s hard to find time for much of anything. Also the older two are at the age (and similar taste) where if I do have time to watch something it’s normally with them if not with all three kids and my wife. Gratuitous profanity is definitely not appreciated by me. I may be old fashioned in that regard but I feel like there are plenty of ways to express yourself other than always falling back on the same 3 or 4 four letter words. Hopefully the content itself is not overly sexual or graphically disturbing in nature. I still hope to get the show and watch it with them at some point.

Not to that extent though, and in near enough very single episode either 🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone with way more time then me posted on Reddit a very long analysis on profanity in Trek. IF you have the time go read it cause as weird as it may sound it was interesting.

Some of the things it said was. In all the non current Trek's including the movies there was 1,132 instances of 16 English curse words. That's a average of 1.56 curse words per episode or movie. With a ratio of 1.56 that would indeed be just about every episode of all Trek.

As for the severity, that depends on what age we live in. Many of the words used in the earlier Trek's like He!!, D@mn, B@st@rd are all tame by todays standards. But when they were used back in the 60's or even the 80's it was considered by many to be to far and not becoming of Star Trek. If i remember right that Reddit posted mentioned that there was a TOS episode that had to be edited because He!! was used.

My view is it's not a big deal, and they are just following the groundwork already laid that goes all the way back to TOS.

That’s too bad. I haven’t had the chance to watch the new Trek yet simply because as a working parent of 3 very active kids it’s hard to find time for much of anything. Also the older two are at the age (and similar taste) where if I do have time to watch something it’s normally with them if not with all three kids and my wife. Gratuitous profanity is definitely not appreciated by me. I may be old fashioned in that regard but I feel like there are plenty of ways to express yourself other than always falling back on the same 3 or 4 four letter words. Hopefully the content itself is not overly sexual or graphically disturbing in nature. I still hope to get the show and watch it with them at some point.

I've got an older teenager, they honestly hear more profanity on Youtube. There is a singular usage of the F word in Picard, which was intended to be shocking. While I'm not a fan of it, I can understand why it was used in the context of the scene. I'm far more bothered by a very uncomfortable and somewhat graphic scene where a character is tortured - that scene is the reason why I've not watched it with my teenager (yet). I have a lot of issues with Picard S1, but I also felt it had a lot of potential. The episodes which landed well for me, really landed, but the ones that missed the mark.... really, really missed the mark. Despite all of that, I'm very much looking forward to season 2. And I'd absolutely be down for EXO-6 figures from the show, including some of the new characters, which I realise I'm probably in the minority in that case!

Someone with way more time then me posted on Reddit a very long analysis on profanity in Trek. IF you have the time go read it cause as weird as it may sound it was interesting.

Funnily enough, I just read the same post a few minutes ago. I'll second the recommendation, very interesting reading!
Out of all my issues with Picard S1, I have to say that profanity was not one of them. As always, your mileage may vary.

The whole synth thing did seem a little too much like they wanted a get out of jail free card after progressing his untreatable brain condition.

This is kind of like how they brought Coulson back in the last season of Agents of SHIELD without giving him any benefit other than removing his illness.

It would still have been a cop out but seeming this season involves Q they could have just had him snap his fingers and have him healed.

That admiral swearing and the Romulan with the Irish accent were some of the many issues season 1 had.
Agree the season had a ton of issues, but the ex-Tal Shiar housekeeper always seemed like one of the best parts to me. And her accent was pretty sexy as well. Not hard to imagine that a Romulan exposed to the Irish accent for awhile might pick it up just like anyone else.

Last edited:
Agree the season had a ton of issues, but the ex-Tal Shiar housekeeper always seemed like one of the best parts to me. And her accent was pretty sexy as well. Not hard to imagine that a Romulan exposed to the Irish accent for awhile might pick it up just like anyone else.
I had to read this twice. Who had the accent for her to pick up? Picard is French and played by a Brit?

Yeah, there’s a difference using swearing for effect during certain key moments. It felt overdone in Star Trek: Picard. Like the writers were trying to be edgy or something.
That whole damn show was them trying to be edgy. Admiral Clancy just blurting out the F-word twice, Dahj's excessively gruesome death, the one Romulan getting beheaded, ripping out Icheb's eye, Seven pusing Narissa to her apparent death after saying "This is for Hugh" when there was no interaction between them on screen, Rios's story about his former captain's suicide (which by the way demonstrated at least one writer's complete lack of knowledge of how a phaser works), Raffi's ****ty parenting and her addiction to not-marijuana...it felt like any minute one of the producers would just pop up on screen with a big smirk and say, "This ain't your daddy's Star Trek."

I've got an older teenager, they honestly hear more profanity on Youtube. There is a singular usage of the F word in Picard, which was intended to be shocking. While I'm not a fan of it, I can understand why it was used in the context of the scene. I'm far more bothered by a very uncomfortable and somewhat graphic scene where a character is tortured - that scene is the reason why I've not watched it with my teenager (yet).
I am with you in that regards. While I would prefer that profanity is minimal it won’t keep me from sharing it with my older two sounds like the torture scene might though.

I had to read this twice. Who had the accent for her to pick up? Picard is French and played by a Brit?
I'm sure she must have spent time on Earth before working for Picard. And besides, we hear aliens with English accents all the time on Trek and no one ever says a word. Not sure why Irish should be any different.

.it felt like any minute one of the producers would just pop up on screen with a big smirk and say, "This ain't your daddy's Star Trek."
It’s funny you say this because I was almost going to type essentially the same thing instead of just calling it edgy. :lol. It really did feel like the writers were trying to appeal to non-Star Trek fans.

I said the F word, or any “bad” words in close door meetings.
I want to make her in PCD but she's not iconic enough...

Back