EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, me too! Seems we're definitely the minority, ah well!
We appear to be in the minority here.

Lots of people here just don’t like anything new and consider it all inferior.
They are also more vocal and sometimes rude about it.
There are plenty of people who like the new stuff. If there wasn’t they wouldn’t keep making it.

I like plenty of new things. What I don’t like is when classic properties are used only for their name value, and with little to no regard for the fanbase or the franchise in an attempt to get a new audience. I feel like that happens a lot, and Star Trek in the modern era is a prime example.

Last edited:
A little tease for ENT fans. Although ENT was the only Trek series that i hardly watched, ENT will receive the same attention as its siblings.

This is the 6th Jumpsuit that we have done. I am happy with it, especially that “Next Generation” upper shoulder design.

Annoucement will come soon.

Same thing applies to other “captains.”
20220125_193040.jpg

Just received some Quantum Torpedos. You guys will be in some serious problems 😄

I mean, how can any Trek fans won't drop their jaws and experience love at first sight?

Objectivity was my profession. I am speaking as a 1/6 Trek Collector.
exo-hype.jpg

hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

How's about a little more info? Who's next? Where's that "Winter 2021" Seven of Nine?

A little tease for ENT fans. Although ENT was the only Trek series that i hardly watched, ENT will receive the same attention as its siblings.

This is the 6th Jumpsuit that we have done. I am happy with it, especially that “Next Generation” upper shoulder design.

Same thing applies to other “captains.” View attachment 558703
Very excited for Captain Archer!!!

Fun fact. The word D@mn has been around since the 1600s. People know how to use it correctly today. In TOS Kirk swore and was around people who did swear. I think TVH was showing he wasn’t familiar with the swear words of that era.
Kirk even swore in the film before it... my guess is the particular phrase in the bus exchange had fallen out of common use that he didn't know how to use it properly/

I don’t view the characters in Star Trek as not knowing swear words or how to use them. It’s just about the context of how those words are used.

Like I can’t imagine anyone in any previous iteration of Star Trek telling someone to shut the **** up. Let alone saying it to a high ranking officer like Picard.

Last edited:

Same thing applies to other “captains.” View attachment 558703
Awesome! Although ENT was never my favourite back in the day, on our current rewatch I've been enjoying it a lot more. Day one preorder for me!

I like plenty of new things. What I don’t like is when classic properties are used only for their name value, and with little to no regard for the fanbase or the franchise in an attempt to get a new audience. I feel like that happens a lot, and Star Trek in the modern era is a prime example.

They gave plenty of regard to the current fan base while reaching out for a new one.
The shows are peppered with references and name drops. They course corrected on missteps (Klingons, keeping DISCO a prequel).

Franchises have to try and do new things if they are to survive, audiences change over time. Bottom line the older fans are just that old, and won’t be here for much longer. They have to try to get a new audience.

TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT all went through the same complaints current Trek did when they came out. Now for the most part they are seems as classic examples of Trek. Same will happen with the new Trek as the newer audiences get older.

I don’t view the characters in Star Trek as not knowing swear words or how to use them. It’s just about the context of how those words are used.

Like I can’t imagine anyone in any previous iteration of Star Trek telling someone to shut the **** up. Let alone saying it to a high ranking officer like Picard.
McCoy, Kira, Ro, Dax, Belanna, are the first ones to spring to mind.
In the Picard series I think the context fit fine.
Picard was retired he didn’t leave on good terms, from the Admiral’s view he just did a interview trashing Starfleet. And now here he was acting all entitled like Starfleet owed him something, asking for a ship and trying to bully his way into getting it. She’s in a position of authority, he wasn’t allowing her to speak so she told him to shut the F up. That tactic worked it shocked him into stopping and she was able to say what she needed to. Sometimes you have to do something shocking to get people’s attention.

They gave plenty of regard to the current fan base while reaching out for a new one.
The shows are peppered with references and name drops. They course corrected on missteps (Klingons, keeping DISCO a prequel).

Franchises have to try and do new things if they are to survive, audiences change over time. Bottom line the older fans are just that old, and won’t be here for much longer. They have to try to get a new audience.

TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT all went through the same complaints current Trek did when they came out. Now for the most part they are seems as classic examples of Trek. Same will happen with the new Trek as the newer audiences get older.
Yeah while I may not love every storytelling decision the new shows make, there's no denying in my mind that they are just as much Trek as anything that came before. And while the "all flash, no substance" criticism was certainly fair of the Abrams movies, it's not of the new shows at all. Especially when you look at something like that last DSC episode which devoted an entire hour to debating whether they should allow the sentient ship's computer to continue evolving and running the ship.

Yeah while I may not love every storytelling decision the new shows make, there's no denying in my mind that they are just as much Trek as anything that came before. And while the "all flash, no substance" criticism was certainly fair of the Abrams movies, it's not of the new shows at all. Especially when you look at something like that last DSC episode which devoted an entire hour to debating whether they should allow the sentient ship's computer to continue evolving and running the ship.
Totally agree. People who just don’t like the story or think the story’s are not as good as earlier Trek, I get those complaints.
It’s the ones that say its’s not Trek, it’s to woke, earlier Trek never did (XYZ thing) like new Trek, new Trek is ignoring the old fans. I just don’t get those especially when you really look back at what is factual Trek and not the nostalgia people remember, or really watch and think about what the new Trek shows are doing.

I don’t like everything that new Trek does just like I don’t like everything old Trek did. But I don’t let the bad overshadow the good. When you wallow in the bad and the negativity you will find yourself influenced into hating something that really isn’t as bad as you think.

We appear to be in the minority here.

Lots of people here just don’t like anything new and consider it all inferior.
They are also more vocal and sometimes rude about it.
There are plenty of people who like the new stuff. If there wasn’t they wouldn’t keep making it.
Lots of assumptions and generalizations in your post.

I must have missed it. Can you please quote where posts were "rude"? Where "lots of people" said it was inferior?

What I've read so far is a number of people having issues with how "ST: Picard" has been written/handled. If you find that rude then there's really nothing more to be said.

And that Capt. Archer seems to be looking good in that teaser pic!

Lots of assumptions and generalizations in your post.

I must have missed it. Can you please quote where posts were "rude"? Where "lots of people" said it was inferior?

What I've read so far is a number of people having issues with how "ST: Picard" has been written/handled. If you find that rude then there's really nothing more to be said.

And that Capt. Archer seems to be looking good in that teaser pic!
Wasn’t talking about just this area. Travel down to the movies and TV section. Specifically Book of Boba Fett, Batman, Matix4. But really almost all of them.
Even here though you can scroll back several pages to conversations from months ago where some people were I wouldn’t say rude but definitely very one sided on their views.
As for assumptions and generalizations….it’s less those and more facts. Not many people here speak up in favor of new Trek (fact) but out on Twitter, other Trek boards, podcasts,FB pages there are many fans of it (also fact) And as I discussed before if there weren’t fans, they wouldn’t keep making it. That’s if I’m understanding what you were pointing the assumption at.

If you go to the other section I mentioned you’ll see most every older fan hating, making fun of the new stuff, and ridiculing people who like the new stuff (fact). I even had one guy come at me for my avatar and signature.

Wasn’t talking about just this area. Travel down to the movies and TV section. Specifically Book of Boba Fett, Batman, Matix4. But really almost all of them.
Even here though you can scroll back several pages to conversations from months ago where some people were I wouldn’t say rude but definitely very one sided on their views.
As for assumptions and generalizations….it’s less those and more facts. Not many people here speak up in favor of new Trek (fact) but out on Twitter, other Trek boards, podcasts,FB pages there are many fans of it (also fact) And as I discussed before if there weren’t fans, they wouldn’t keep making it. That’s if I’m understanding what you were pointing the assumption at.

If you go to the other section I mentioned you’ll see most every older fan hating, making fun of the new stuff, and ridiculing people who like the new stuff (fact). I even had one guy come at me for my avatar and signature.
I used to check out the Movies & TV section but stopped doing so a long time ago. It had become the "Mos Eisley" of the forum...

I don't really do social media, I find it just as full of scum and villainy. At times I visit some specific pages on Facebook but those are few and far between.

My comments were simply revolving this particular thread and specifically the topic of the new "Picard" show. I may be mistaken but I think those that had issues with the show stated their reasons, myself included. I don't see the discussion as an "us vs them" type of thing or even an older fan vs newer fan comparison. I see it as how Star Trek has been able to maintain a certain style, a certain direction and a certain theme in each of the previous shows and beginning with Discovery and followed by Picard, that has all been either dismissed or altered as to be unrecognizable. Certain people have issues with that. Certain others welcome the change.

As far as our little slice of the Star Trek pie, here in 1/6 figure land, Nanjin will no doubt be the first to figure out which lines/series/films do well and which do not. To be truthful, I hope Discovery and Picard figures sell well. Without being dismissive, those figures will allow me a financial break to prepare the hobby funds for figures that I do wish to have in the collection. You and the others that want them will be able to collect and enjoy them, in the meantime.

Back