EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, guess I'm in the minority, it had some issues, but I really liked the show. Totally looking forward to the next season.
The swearing issue really isn't a issue because in everyday life people swear. Now that we can do that on some networks, it makes it more realistic when they have disagreements or arguments to use such language cuz most of us do in my opinion from what I've seen and heard in my life.

That said, I can't wait for a Picard figure, 7 and Soji from the show...all if you make them Nanjin! :)

I'm sure she must have spent time on Earth before working for Picard. And besides, we hear aliens with English accents all the time on Trek and no one ever says a word. Not sure why Irish should be any different.
From my travels when I ran into people that were taught English as a second language and their teacher was British they spoke English with an English accent. Pretty sure a British person would say someone taught by an American speaks English with an American accent.

Lol, that's kind of like saying Data was mocking humanity by being an android. Trek has gone through great pains to show that synthetic beings are just as worthy of respect and can be just as sentient as any human. And TNG also loved to point out in various episodes how the human body was just another kind of machine, so Picard transferring his consciousness or "memory engrams" from his old body to a new one fits that idea perfectly, and shouldn't make him any less human.

Fair enough points. I still don’t like the idea though. It just felt cheap and for shock value. I also feel like the writers had to know people weren’t going to like it, but they did it anyways because they didn’t care.

If Picard begins the show with an existential crisis about what he's become and whether he's still really himself or not, we know the show's improved. If the synth thing is just glossed over or completely ignored, we'll know it'll still be crap.

Just received some Quantum Torpedos. You guys will be in some serious problems 😄

I mean, how can any Trek fans won't drop their jaws and experience love at first sight?

Objectivity was my profession. I am speaking as a 1/6 Trek Collector.
You’re a master of building anticipation and excitement! Are going to see 7 of 9? The Borg Queen? Burnham? Sisko?

Hmm, guess I'm in the minority, it had some issues, but I really liked the show. Totally looking forward to the next season.
The swearing issue really isn't a issue because in everyday life people swear. Now that we can do that on some networks, it makes it more realistic when they have disagreements or arguments to use such language cuz most of us do in my opinion from what I've seen and heard in my life.

That said, I can't wait for a Picard figure, 7 and Soji from the show...all if you make them Nanjin! :)
That's kind of the point of the show as a whole though (trek generally) - to show how far we have come in the future as a species, that we no longer tend to swear frequently or on a daily basis. No matter how bad the situation, just the occasional lapse - and certainly not f-bombs.

Just pure shock value, for shocks sake which isn't shock - just tasteless on the writers part.

Last edited:
That whole damn show was them trying to be edgy. Admiral Clancy just blurting out the F-word twice, Dahj's excessively gruesome death, the one Romulan getting beheaded, ripping out Icheb's eye, Seven pusing Narissa to her apparent death after saying "This is for Hugh" when there was no interaction between them on screen, Rios's story about his former captain's suicide (which by the way demonstrated at least one writer's complete lack of knowledge of how a phaser works), Raffi's ****ty parenting and her addiction to not-marijuana...it felt like any minute one of the producers would just pop up on screen with a big smirk and say, "This ain't your daddy's Star Trek."
A bit to on the nose on modern analogies. Modern analogies - of course fine, but having to rub it in your face excessively. Really? These people seem to have taken a step backward - not just in the show but on the writing staff too.

It’s funny you say this because I was almost going to type essentially the same thing instead of just calling it edgy. :lol. It really did feel like the writers were trying to appeal to non-Star Trek fans.
Which is fair enough - they have to attract new people, but there is a way to do it. A better way. TNG attracted new fans back in the day and look how that started. and every other iteration of trek. Different era(s) I know, but we haven't changed much since then so...

Overall, me too! Seems we're definitely the minority, ah well!

Keen! Ready for lots more Exo-6 figures from all eras - bring 'em on!

Last edited:
I'm sure she must have spent time on Earth before working for Picard. And besides, we hear aliens with English accents all the time on Trek and no one ever says a word. Not sure why Irish should be any different.
Or American accents, for that matter! :) From now on all Romulans must speak with Romulan accents only!

Lol, that's kind of like saying Data was mocking humanity by being an android. Trek has gone through great pains to show that synthetic beings are just as worthy of respect and can be just as sentient as any human. And TNG also loved to point out in various episodes how the human body was just another kind of machine, so Picard transferring his consciousness or "memory engrams" from his old body to a new one fits that idea perfectly, and shouldn't make him any less human.
Data was basically Pinocchio, never an actual human, whereas Picard was. That's the distinction to me.

Just received some Quantum Torpedos. You guys will be in some serious problems 😄

I mean, how can any Trek fans won't drop their jaws and experience love at first sight?

Objectivity was my profession. I am speaking as a 1/6 Trek Collector.
Excited to see what you have in store!

Regarding profanity specifically though, I find it funny in the context of this discussion that in TVH, it is in such disuse that Kirk essentially has no idea how to swear and gets it wrong. Then we have Picard living 100 years later, and people do it all the time.
Fun fact. The word D@mn has been around since the 1600s. People know how to use it correctly today. In TOS Kirk swore and was around people who did swear. I think TVH was showing he wasn’t familiar with the swear words of that era.

Back