Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SNKIT told me in private that this movie, THIS movie is his FAVORITE Video Game Adaptation of all time :)

Never saw or read anything before this movie. I thought it was great. If you don't bring your baggage to the movie, you would enjoy it.

Yeah, seems to be on point. I'm the same and I liked it. My wife (anime/manga fan) ****ing HATED it and stopped watching after 20-30 minutes! :lol

Yeah, seems to be on point. I'm the same and I liked it. My wife (anime/manga fan) ****ing HATED it and stopped watching after 20-30 minutes! :lol

Wingard basically ****s all over the purists (which ironically would still endlessly complain if the entire cast was Asian and the film was set in the East).

This was a great intro to Death Note and hopefully Wingard & NETFLIX give us a second chapter.

Mario Bros director basically ****s all over the purists (which ironically would still endlessly complain if the entire cast was real dinosaurs).

This was a great intro to MARIO BROS

61V0QFIy2oL._CR0,74,352,352_UX128.jpg

tumblr_ngou25TwjV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Been done already and big surprise it was fine , better than this. Didn't have to follow it to a T but atleast it did respect the source. It's funny how you are saying **** the source material here but want a faithful adaptation to Spider-Man and Xmen.
**** the comics.

Wingard basically ****s all over the purists (which ironically would still endlessly complain if the entire cast was Asian and the film was set in the East).

This was a great intro to Death Note and hopefully Wingard & NETFLIX give us a second chapter.

Mangold **** all over the Brogan purists (which is ironic because he made an even more overrated product than the original)

It was a ****** end to Jackman's run, and even the cliche R rating didn't add anything to it. The only greatness to be found was the end of beating a dead horse of that once good character in X1 and X2.

If that was the basis for whether a movie gets made or not nothing would be made outside of star wars and super hero movies and even those are running stale with some people.

Well said.

I havent watched this yet myself, i believe the bigger issue is that people say its a terrible movie

There's nothing wrong with the movie. It's a great DN intro. The main argument the people in question have with it is that it was made with American actors. That instantly pulverizes any credibility they claimed to have with their quarrels. Asian pop culture has been Americanized for decades and there's nothing wrong with that. The Departed is a fantastic movie. Nobody spends their time online saying it sucks because the original "Could not be translated." Unfortunately annoying Anime fans are very vocal and actually expect studios to shell out $30 Million for an all-Asian ripped-from-the-page adaptation of DN. But that's how unrealistic these people are. Their arguments are bollocks. They don't care about the quality of the film or the cinematography or the sound composition. It's all "THIS NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE. L isn't black and Light isn't White. **** this movie."

Well said.

There's nothing wrong with the movie. It's a great DN intro. The main argument the people in question have with it is that it was made with American actors. That instantly pulverizes any credibility they claimed to have with their quarrels. Asian pop culture has been Americanized for decades and there's nothing wrong with that. The Departed is a fantastic movie. Nobody spends their time online saying it sucks because the original "Could not be translated." Unfortunately annoying Anime fans are very vocal and actually expect studios to shell out $30 Million for an all-Asian ripped-from-the-page adaptation of DN. But that's how unrealistic these people are. Their arguments are bollocks. They don't care about the quality of the film or the cinematography or the sound composition. It's all "THIS NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE. L isn't black and Light isn't White. **** this movie."

Sound composition? You mean the ****** 80s songs they threw in? Nobody here is complaining about the race swap genius they are upset cause it was a horrible movie where the characters acted out of what they originally are.
Stop with the excuses. When you ADAPT a property you atleast try and make sure it feels familiar while keeping it somewhat fresh . Death note did none of that.

Back