Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sniks is trolling you all.

741.gif

But the manga and anime don't matter. I'm was watching what this movie presented to me.

The fantastic four flicks aren't bad because they ignore source, they are bad because the movies are just bad.

Tombstone ignores historic accuracy but that doesn't keep it from being a damn good movie.

Thats why i keep bringing up mario bros movie.
If you never ever played the game then technically the mario bros movie is Not that bad.

If you never ever heard of dragon ball then the dragon balll movie is not that bad.

Same here

If they had released mario bros under its own name completely unrelated to the games, people would have received it like if it was " the fifth element" or something. Like Encino man or a movie like that

Like a total recall kind of movie

I honestly dont think mario bros would have gotten the hate it got if it was just a regular sci fi movie.
Im sure people would have just think it was a quirky sci fi movie.
The story wasnt that bad, acting was ok, special effects were great,

ALL the hate comes from people that knew the game. And since EVERYBODY knew the game, then it came the hate.

If they had released mario bros under its own name completely unrelated to the games, people would have received it like if it was " the fifth element" or something. Like Encino man or a movie like that

Like a total recall kind of movie

I honestly dont think mario bros would have gotten the hate it got if it was just a regular sci fi movie.
Im sure people would have just think it was a quirky sci fi movie.
The story wasnt that bad, acting was ok, special effects were great,

ALL the hate comes from people that knew the game. And since EVERYBODY knew the game, then it came the hate.

But muh ert!!! Muh vizion

I don't know about that :lol Like Evilface, aka Huey Lewis says, sometimes bad is bad. Source material be damned.

Exactly. The arguments these [two] posters keep pushing are pathetic. I think I've rolled my eyes in this thread more than in the WW thread.

Some people genuinely believe their absurd concept of what a good movie is extends to the rest of humanity. 9 out of 10 REGULAR NETFLIX users don't nor will ever give a **** about the anime and will really enjoy Wingard's movie. Just like the same 9 out of 10 people would laugh from start to finish when watching DZE & SMB.

Thankfully NETFLIX can't hear these laughable haters and plans on moving forward with a trilogy.

Exactly. The arguments these [two] posters keep pushing are pathetic. I think I've rolled my eyes in this thread more than in the WW thread.

Some people genuinely believe their absurd concept of what a good movie is extends to the rest of humanity. 9 out of 10 REGULAR NETFLIX users don't nor will ever give a **** about the anime and will really enjoy Wingard's movie. Just like the same 9 out of 10 people would laugh from start to finish when watching DZE & SMB.

Thankfully NETFLIX can't hear these laughable haters and plans on moving forward with a trilogy.

You keep trying to make a counterpoint to something no one made in the first place :lol

death note rt.jpg

death note imdb.jpg

death note google.jpg

death note metacritic.jpg

Yep, everyone loves it. Too bad Netflix got rid of their star rating system--a lot of people are going to regret clicking "Play".

79Hum4C.gif

RT is garbage. Blogger critics are garbage. They think movies like WW & CW are Oscar-worthy. OSCAR worthy. I mean, can their credibility get any worse?

Even in this thread i have not heard anyone that fully loves it.
Most of the guys in here that like it say " well..it was nice"

I have not seen a single person actually praise it.
The most some of u have said was that it was interesting.

Same goes for online reviews. No one has like...REALLY loved it.

( im obviously not counting snikt for obvious reasons lol)

I watched it last night, too many leaps of logic and plot holes for my taste and i'm not referring to the Fantasy/demon aspect. Its one of those movies you have to turn your brain off to get thru, otherwise you'll be questioning too much and or be like now thats stupid why didn't the characters do this.. Its like the horror movie when the idiots don't turn the lights on or lock the doors... mileage will probably vary on the level of enjoyment one finds with the brain off... I can see why people that are familiar with the source material probably hate it.

Pfft yea Netflix is moving forward with a trilogy just like Sony is making that Rated R Spider-Man movie right? News flash smart guy. Death note was marketed to the anime community and the anime community is huge like it or not. They made up the views. All the people who casually watched this either just thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't some masterpiece like you keep spouting. 9 out of 10 people would laugh in your face if you said death note was an amazing film to them

Back