**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I’ve noticed with these recent MCU movies, especially the ones I’m looking forward to, its necessary to manage expectations, especially if you’re already more invested in the MCU/Marvel comics. That and watching out for spoilers.

I don’t know how bad it is now, but with NWH, you would be casually scrolling through YT or IG and the pictures of the 3 boys would sporadically show up…

Regardless, I get why spoiler tags are necessary, but not for a thread specifically for a movie that just came out.
but like Snoopy said, it’s only small courtesy for fellow Freaks.

Finally back. Expectations were high cause of those awesome trailers. Well...

First of all, this thread should be called "Victor in the Multiverse of Madness." Dude has entered every stage of sanity since I last entered. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is not a spoiler, but Feige did confirm on the red carpet that Sylvie took the man in charge out in Loki, which lead to Strange being able to open up the multiverse in NWH. Those events lead to this movie. Glad to see that was confirmed.

Sure glad I didn't. Plenty of people wanting to spoil the movie though, here and on FB/Twitter/Youtube. Hell even Marvel was showing too much of their own movie in the latest trailers. Feige even mentioned that on the red carpet!

Glad I navigated all of that and didn't get spoiled. The teaser, then the main trailer was all I needed to get hyped. But no spoiler tags on the social media sites. The movie isn't even released yet. Geeze, let people see the movie at least on opening weekend before posting that nonsense everywhere. At least here you have spoiler tags and it is your fault to click on them. Of course others have done this in different movie threads for some stupid reason. Looking at you with a third eye @Stront!

Yeah, that should be a ban. I got a month for something I still haven't figured out and people still get warnings. I didn't get to talk back! I would like the universe where I only got the two weeks!

You are spot on, and I would like to add about that first post credit scene
Spoiler Spoiler:

Movie looked otherwise very good and it did surprise me how much the movie felt like a horror movie.
I gave it a 6.4 and jokingly a 7.6 because it is directed by Raimi. But all the elements that I really enjoyed were clearly Raimi inspired until the MCU formula kicked in again
Spoiler Spoiler:

This movie is a solid 7.9 for me and I’m not a Dr Strange or Scarlet Witch fan. They shouldn’t have called this the Multiverse of MADNESS.

Last edited:
Reading this was fun, such a shame it didn’t happen. Seems so weird to have this character not included, regardless what actrice or actor portrays it.
How hopeful I was just a week ago... W-We can still m-make it. He'll appear in Secret Wars in a d-decade, you'll all s-see...

First of all, this thread should be called "Victor in the Multiverse of Madness." Dude has entered every stage of sanity since I last entered. :lol
ImpureEvilHapuka-max-1mb.gif

I am team Matticus on this one not team Victor.
star-wars-anakin-skywalker.gif

Come on, I even said I liked it. I just have some problems with it...

I fully support Victor’s desires for his MCU BUT there are more normies in the world than Victors and the MCU is built to suck money out of normies wallets not feed Victor’s funny book addiction lol
detective-pokemon.gif

Look man, you don't understant, I NEED 300€ dolls of Ronan, and Gladiator, and K'lrt the Super-Skrull, and Cyclops' Space Pirate dad and I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT, OKAY?!

He has some strange figure wants from characters that most people have never heard of. Ah, Veeeetoooor. :lol
What's so strange about wanting a 300€ doll of Jack Aubrey from the Master & Commander series, masterfully played by Russell Crowe? And if the MCU doesn't give me a dolls of Quentin Quite, Onslaught and Abigail Brand, I'lll riot! ...Okay, maybe I do need to tone down my wishlists a bit and be a tad more realistic... Maybe I should just be content with the main centrepieces and not go around wanting to buy every C-Lister for every line.

Anyhow, I'm definitely in for a Crazy Wanda dolly and a Defender Strange. A part of me wants to wait for DS3 for a "normal" Strange but I don't know if that'd be wise in case he gets a totally different costume there. I'm not holding my breath for any of the Illuminati. I just hope that they'll make a Supreme Strange. That costume was sick.

-

Well, the film came and went so now it's time to start my wishlisting for DS3. I'm rooting for a proper Dormammu played by Mads, Umar played by Eva Green, and the storyline to be about the struggle between Hell Lords, meaning appearances from Mephisto, Blanchett's Hela, Hades and so on. Maybe throw in a Triumph & Torment subplot there with Doom and build up the Incursion plotline by bringing in the Illuminati and showing Vic & Stephen bond. I just hope it comes out sooner than it took for 2 to come out after 1...

Sad. But true.

Maybe Phase 5 will bring back some semblance of proper storytelling and saga construction if they find their footing with X-Men and FF. At best though, it can only repeat what has already been done and therefore can never be truly great again.

First thing MCU needs to do is let go of this multiverse gag.
The multiverse just lowers the stakes honestly.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Or if a beloved character from our universe dies and they want to bring them back they can just do so now (Loki for example). They could bring RDJ or Chris Evans back next year if they wanted to and just pull the multiverse card.

How hopeful I was just a week ago... W-We can still m-make it. He'll appear in Secret Wars in a d-decade, you'll all s-see...
Russos are MCU kings. They did Strange very well. Incursion War is incoming.
Come on, I even said I liked it. I just have some problems with it...
After lots of trashing before viewing! Surprise twist!
Look man, you don't understant, I NEED 300€ dolls of Ronan, and Gladiator, and K'lrt the Super-Skrull, and Cyclops' Space Pirate dad and I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT, OKAY?!

What's so strange about wanting a 300€ doll of Jack Aubrey from the Master & Commander series, masterfully played by Russell Crowe? And if the MCU doesn't give me a dolls of Quentin Quite, Onslaught and Abigail Brand, I'lll riot! ...Okay, maybe I do need to tone down my wishlists a bit and be a tad more realistic... Maybe I should just be content with the main centrepieces and not go around wanting to buy every C-Lister for every line.
Great chance none of those will happen. Even if a third party somehow does one, quality with be inferior.
Anyhow, I'm definitely in for a Crazy Wanda dolly and a Defender Strange. A part of me wants to wait for DS3 for a "normal" Strange but I don't know if that'd be wise in case he gets a totally different costume there. I'm not holding my breath for any of the Illuminati. I just hope that they'll make a Supreme Strange. That costume was sick.
Not sure what I want. I'll make my own Illuminati as I have 3 from comic lore. 3 specific ones would near complete it.

A long wait for DS2 Main Strange. Looks great w the serpents in the tease, but might see his next appearance on near release of this one. Hope we get a schedule this year for the MCU's end of Phase 4 and into 5.
-

Well, the film came and went so now it's time to start my wishlisting for DS3. I'm rooting for a proper Dormammu played by Mads, Umar played by Eva Green, and the storyline to be about the struggle between Hell Lords, meaning appearances from Mephisto, Blanchett's Hela, Hades and so on. Maybe throw in a Triumph & Torment subplot there with Doom and build up the Incursion plotline by bringing in the Illuminati and showing Vic & Stephen bond. I just hope it comes out sooner than it took for 2 to come out after 1...
Setting unrealistic expectations! I imagine they'll be trying to fix incursions and run into trouble. I hope Derrickson is back and services Strange properly again. I doubt there will be another Illuminati and moves onto the next bad. Fear Lords make sense along with Umar. Keep anymore team ups away from DS3.

What I’ve noticed with these recent MCU movies, especially the ones I’m looking forward to, its necessary to manage expectations, especially if you’re already more invested in the MCU/Marvel comics. That and watching out for spoilers.

Captain America Civil War was basically an Avengers movie. I get why that happened, Ultron was a pretty meh film and didn't really progress the overall arc too much.

But MOM looks like a "team up" type movie because there isn't much faith in the Strange license nor Cumberbatch carrying the character to the point where he's like doing a RDJ/Iron Man kind of impact.

Something I did like that Whedon did was he gave Black Widow and Hawkeye more time because it was clear they weren't likely to get their own movies. I think Scarlett Witch gets so much burn in the current MCU because it's unlikely she'll ever get her own film trilogy.

Dr Strange just isn't that interesting overall. I like Cumberbatch but maybe they needed a different actor and different type of tone.

I hate to say this, but Marvel seems to have misfired on casting quite a bit of late. Brie Larson is clearly a mistake. Giving Falcon his own Captain movie is going to be a mistake. I like Mackie but he's not a great actor and he's not going to carry a film by himself and frankly I fear that the film will be extremely woke like TFATWS. Wasn't a fan of Olsen as Scarlett Witch. The Shang Chi guy irritated me in his Canadian sitcom and I wished they got someone else. Etc. etc.

Russos are MCU kings. They did Strange very well. Incursion War is incoming.
I just hope they don't half-ass it. God Emperor Doom or bust.

After lots of trashing before viewing! Surprise twist!
Nah, my problems remain. It infuriates me as a Strangefan and comicfan. It's just that beyond that I can see a good flick buried underneath the mandates and cuts.

Great chance none of those will happen. Even if a third party somehow does one, quality with be inferior.
They better happen. If I don't get Madelyne Pryor as Goblin Queen or Stryfe then my X-Display will never be complete. Ditto for Ronan and Marvel Cosmic. They have to make a Lee Pace Ronan at some point. I'd hate for us to finally get MCU FF & X-Men, only to get 15 Wolverines, 6 Reeds, 1 Xavier and 0 Legions.

Not sure what I want. I'll make my own Illuminati as I have 3 from comic lore. 3 specific ones would near complete it.
My Illuminati will be the original comic team + Panther and Captain Britain if they ever do Brian. I just need to gather them as they come out. Xavier and Reed I'll need doubles of, as I need them for other displays too. Namor I was going to buy two or so if they gave him multiple costumes for different displays, but after the casting I'm not feeling it.

A long wait for DS2 Main Strange. Looks great w the serpents in the tease, but might see his next appearance on near release of this one. Hope we get a schedule this year for the MCU's end of Phase 4 and into 5.
I'm pretty sure they'll show some trailers (BP2, maybe an Ant-Man 3 teaser) and lay out the plan for Phase 5 during this year's D23.

Setting unrealistic expectations! I imagine they'll be trying to fix incursions and run into trouble. I hope Derrickson is back and services Strange properly again. I doubt there will be another Illuminati and moves onto the next bad. Fear Lords make sense along with Umar. Keep anymore team ups away from DS3.
You can't do the Incursions without the Illuminati. DS2 was just a set-up flick. The whole reason why they even had them in the movie was to set up Strange gathering an MCU-based Illuminati team of his own, otherwise why break the pacing with such a random segment? Secret Wars worked because of the built up. This will be their new Thanos/Infinity Saga, with Doom being built up as the main antagonist/protagonist hybrid.

As for the rest, I imagine that's what DS3 will be. Why bring in Clea and show the Dark Dimension if you don't plan to return? Ergo Dormammu and Umar at the very least will appear. The rest is wishlisting sure, but I figure you can rope in the Hell and Fear Lords easily, and Triumph & Torment is such a classic that they could easily mash it all together. Unlikely, but possible. Either way, I'm expecting Dormammu and Umar with an Illuminati subplot in DS3 even if there's nothing else there.

My Illuminati will be the original comic team + Panther and Captain Britain if they ever do Brian. I just need to gather them as they come out. Xavier and Reed I'll need doubles of, as I need them for other displays too. Namor I was going to buy two or so if they gave him multiple costumes for different displays, but after the casting I'm not feeling it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure they'll show some trailers (BP2, maybe an Ant-Man 3 teaser) and lay out the plan for Phase 5 during this year's D23.
Spoiler Spoiler:

You can't do the Incursions without the Illuminati. DS2 was just a set-up flick. The whole reason why they even had them in the movie was to set up Strange gathering an MCU-based Illuminati team of his own, otherwise why break the pacing with such a random segment? Secret Wars worked because of the built up. This will be their new Thanos/Infinity Saga, with Doom being built up as the main antagonist/protagonist hybrid.
Spoiler Spoiler:

This one was a lot of fun. Just when I’m getting superhero fatigue they come out with this or Moon Knight. So much happened in DrS2 and much of it genuinely surprised me. The directing and camera work was noticeably a notch above other MCU outings. I can’t wait to see this one again, probably in 4DX next time.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I base all my displays off the comics, so movie set-ups have no real effect on me. The original lineup was Reed, Stark, Xavier, Namor, Strange and Bolt. During Hickman they added Panther, Beast replaced the then-dead Xavier, and Cap joined briefly. Then others like Banner (Prof. Green at the time), Cho, Maximus and Brian Braddock were brought in. So I'm going for the Originals + Panther & Braddock.

I'll buy a Namor no matter what. If I like him, fine, he stays as is. If not, I hope they give him a closed costume so that I can swap some heads around. It'll depend heavily on what his costume is like. It's still supposed to be a mythical underwater land, so I hope they don't make them all literally Mayans. As for BP, I passed on all versions because I was holding on for a caped version. Generally I find that it's better to wait for the last film of the trilogy, as the costume is in its final stage, the techniques have improved, and so on. This time it blew on my face, but if rumours are to be believed and the M'Baku guy takes over, I'll easily be able to just get his figure. I never felt Boseman (pbuh) was some 11/10 casting so I have no emotional attachment; I just need a guy in cat pajamas.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

OK, I got back from seeing the movie a couple of hours ago. Not having any preconceived notions about what it should be (or who should or should not appear in it), I really enjoyed it. A few observations:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Comment from a cameo actor:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Comment from a cameo actor:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Interesting. Speaking of
Spoiler Spoiler:

Interesting. Speaking of
Spoiler Spoiler:
Had some work done....badly :monkey4

I have a feeling this will be what happens.
Apparently it's doing good in ticket sales thus far. I've said it before, but it's another IM2/AoU type of thing. Raimi's direction and the strong performances save it a bit though. Psycho Wanda was great and Cumberbatch just seems to be having a blast with the role. I think people will look back on it fondly as a zany little adventure that was disappointing at the time, but had some cool bits and was an enjoyable watch.

Interesting. Speaking of
Spoiler Spoiler:
She took the call.

771.jpg

Back