Top 10 Favorite Characters - 2017 Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victοr

BANNED
Reaction score
Well, considering we've been doing this for 2 or 3 years now, I figured this "tradition", should be kept. Also, it's fun, so... It's interesting seeing if anyone's list will change, and for whatever reason. We live in a time where new tv shows are launched every month, film franchises soldier on, and new comic books hit the stands every Wednesday. It's not hard to imagine that someone's list could change. So, let's get this started, shall we?

0ERj9gj.jpg

In no particular order attachment wise, the list from left to right and top to bottom, is:

1. Victor Von Doom/ Doctor Doom
2. Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader
3. Lucifer Morningstar
4. Darth Revan
5. Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke
6. Bruce Wayne/ Batman
7. Anthony Edward Stark/ Iron Man
8. John Constantine
9. Donald Draper
10. Marc Spector/ Moon Knight

Honorable Mentions (Top 5):

1. Wade Wilson/ Deadpool
2. Stephen Strange/ Doctor Strange
3. Colin King/ Ninjak
4. Aric of Dacia/ X-O Manowar
5. Geralt of Rivia

And here comes the fun part, the mini-essays! Woo!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I tried to branch out a bit more this time, but it's difficult for me to get attached to movie characters with less than an hour of screen-time, which is why my list is filled with either franchises or characters from long-running forms of media. Anyway, bring out those lists!

PS: You can summarize all that with "they look cool and sometimes I feel they tackle similar problems", but I wanted to give some more in-depth reasons. The visuals are the first thing that attracts us to anything, but we develop attachments with characters, films, books, etc, after examining them more thoroughly.

That name no longer has any meaning to prequel deniers.

launch_pad06.jpg

The pic's not working... Besides, I WORKED A ****ING HOUR ON THIS GODDAMN THING AND THAT'S ALL YOU FU-- Ah, okay, sorry. I, uh, just... I worked hard on this, and, uh, yeah...

giphy.gif

PS: I'm just joking... Or am I?

EDIT: It's working now. I don't care though. Anakin Skywalker is a kickass name! :lol

Jean-Luc Picard
Fox Mulder
Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap)
Nate Fisher (Six Feet Under)
Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox)
Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire)
Bruce Wayne (Affleck)
Andy Dwyer
John Carter (ER)
Erik Lehnsherr
Nathan (Ex Machina)
Indiana Jones
Rick Deckard
Doctor Strange
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Neo
Mike Ehrmantraut
Frank Underwood
Frank Castle (Bernthal)
Vincent Vega
Brodie Bruce
Han Solo
Poe Dameron
Michael Corleone
Martin Riggs
T-800 (T2)
Tony Stark
Joel (The Last of Us)
Superman (Reeve)
Jesse (Before Trilogy)

My revised list.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Winnie the Pooh
R2D2
Hellboy
Hannibal Lechter
Gandalf the Grey
Jack Knight
Ted Kord
Tyrion Lannister
Benjamin Linus
Ben Hanscom

Well, considering we've been doing this for 2 or 3 years now, I figured this "tradition", should be kept. Also, it's fun, so... It's interesting seeing if anyone's list will change, and for whatever reason. We live in a time where new tv shows are launched every month, film franchises soldier on, and new comic books hit the stands every Wednesday. It's not hard to imagine that someone's list could change. So, let's get this started, shall we?

0ERj9gj.jpg

In no particular order attachment wise, the list from left to right and top to bottom, is:

1. Victor Von Doom/ Doctor Doom
2. Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader
3. Lucifer Morningstar
4. Darth Revan
5. Slade Wilson/ Deathstroke
6. Bruce Wayne/ Batman
7. Anthony Edward Stark/ Iron Man
8. John Constantine
9. Donald Draper
10. Marc Spector/ Moon Knight

And here comes the fun part, the mini-essays! Woo!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I tried to branch out a bit more this time, but it's difficult for me to get attached to movie characters with less than an hour of screen-time, which is why my list is filled with either franchises or characters from long-running forms of media. Anyway, bring out those lists!

PS: You can summarize all that with "they look cool and sometimes I feel they tackle similar problems", but I wanted to give some more in-depth reasons. The visuals are the first thing that attracts us to anything, but we develop attachments with characters, films, books, etc, after examining them more thoroughly.

Can you recommend a couple of good Hellblazer trades? I always love JC when I've come across him but never really explored his career.

Hard to narrow it down to 10:

Darth Vader
Dean Winchester
Captain America
Nathan Drake
Hawkeye
Jamie Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Ned Stark
Indiana Jones
Marty McFly
Voldemort
John Wincester
The Doctor
Jean Luc-Picard
Magneto
Gregory House
Superman

In no particular order:

Phillip Marlowe
Derek Reese
Dredd
Stick
John Kennex
Doc Holliday (Kilmer, not real life)
Star Lord
Jules Winnfield
Rustin Cohl
Deadpool

There are so many others but this is a good start.

Walter Bishop (Fringe)
Special Agent Dale Cooper F.B.I.
Spock
Buffy Summers
Malcolm Reynolds
James Bond
Darth Vader
Ash Williams
Roy Blatty
Indiana Jones

Jye
Khev
a-dev
Gaspar
Evilface
Batman
Wor-Gar
RIDDICK
Blackmask
Clown Prince

Are we sticking with film/TV characters? (If I meander into books and comics my list would be difficult to narrow down to a hundred let alone 10)

Sticking with things that have at the very least had film/TV versions that I enjoy:

1) Tony Stark (RDJ) ,
2) Dr Nicholas Rush (SGU),
3) Thomas Jerome Newton (slightly bending my own rules here, all three variants book, film and play),
4) Spike / William the Bloody,
5) The Doctor (All versions but the McGann version specifically, but again more for the novels/comics than his 50-odd minutes of actual screentime),
6) Methos (more for the archetype/what's hinted at than what we see on screen),
7) Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith (ridiculously complex character, one that I'm sure is a joy to act, simultaneously a monster and a caring family man),
8) Hedwig Robinson
9) Mark Renton
10) Arabella Strange (again more for stuff hinted at by the novel than shown in the adaptation)

Hrmm. If this list included book characters I feel there'd be a far more even spread gender-wise, but in film/TV at least most of the characters I enjoy watching fit the manipulative **** category!

Back