Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anya is one of the hottest girl in hollywood (for my tastes anyway) but Miller should have stopped at Fury Road. He hit gold with the last one, everything else will be some "réchauffé". He needs to wait another 30 years when the movie technology wîl upgrade again lol. Also not giving us Max in this one is just silly.
Miller can do it, he’ll only be 109 when he makes

They should do one where old Max (Mel Gibson) has turned wicked and now rules over a clan -- like he wanted too in Thunderdome. He now rules the wasteland... the Mad Max... the Road Warrior...

...until a young girl with a mech arm challenges everything he knows...

Mad Max vs Furiosa
Titans of the Sand

in color!​

I’m watching FR right now and had to pause to say I know why Wor-Gar loves this movie.

Zoe in skimpy outfit with nips showing lol

I will say she seems the most tough one out of the entire group of models.
Actually I think I would have rather had a spinoff with her character. She was tough and sexy as hell.

Fury Road end chase definitely saves the movie.

I enjoyed it I know that i’ve always been overly critical of FR just because i’m such a Road Warrior fanatic I was there opening night for TRW sitting there just gob smacked by the intense characters and adrenaline I get very defensive and protective of my baby lol

I’m super excited now for Furiosa after revisiting FR.

Kara witness me lol

Last edited:
Well damn. It's official. We just can't be friends anymore. I'll try to just remember the good times. . .

I love Fury Road. Putting nostalgia goggles to the side, I feel it is up there with Road Warrior, even, in terms of being a great George Miller film. But I also have a sense that it was lightning in a bottle. Things came together at the right time, he probably did build up ideas and energies since the mid-80s to do it right, and it's hard to replicate something like that. Beyond Thunderdome was a huge dropoff from Road Warrior. Ivan Reitman couldn't replicate Ghostbusters in 1989. Temple of Doom I personally love, but also recognize the diminished returns from Raiders.
For that reason, I haven't followed this new one's development very closely and never developed strong expectations for it. I hope it's good but will be unsurprised if it isn't.
I agree FR is a top notch film just like RW. I would argue they're not even in the same sub genre though. While RW is very grounded as far as the story, action and visuals go, FR is in effect a Post Apocalyptic Fantasy flick. Sequels are always tricky to get right but if this is at least half as good as FR, it's still a definite must see...

Fury Road had some "infuriating" weak spots, but for the most part it was an impressive wild ride and I prefer that it exists in the Road Warrior world, and our cinematic experience, rather than not. There's still a lot of space in the Road Warrior franchise for expanding the world-building and fable/folklore-rich storytelling.

I remember watching Fury Road in the theatre, being a bit frustrated by some of its weaknesses, but also recognizing that the young audience in the theatre had their jaws one the floors, eating this thing up like it was pure cinematic gold. I don't think younger viewers ever experienced something quite like this on the big screen, despite the current CGI and effects heavy films of this era. Fury Road was a return to form of the old Road Warrior style of bewildering visceral and tactile practical stunt action at a frenetic pace.

You have to remember, the vast majority of "original" Road Warrior fans may not have seen the first two films on a big screen, but experienced them for decades on video. Sure, we saw Thunderdome on opening night, but Mad Max and Road Warrior were typically home viewing experiences for many of us. Having a new Road Warrior in Fury Road delivered to a massive blockbuster theatre experience was largely a new thing for the old video generation, and it was something that really resonated with young new audiences. Fury Road is this generation's Road Warrior – I'm sure they watch it regularly – and I'm content to let that be, despite my adherence to the original. Like I said, I'd rather Fury Road exists in this universe than not.

Certainly this is worth $5... just for the Miller Spectacle on a movie screen.

Did you sit through the atrocity Barbie?
lol OMG no!! I rarely go to the movies anymore due to several reasons. Most of what “Hollywood” is producing is crap these days. Dune is an exception and a possible few others but Barbie?! HAHA~ not a chance in hell I’d waste the time sitting in the theater watching that kind of junk when I could be pulling weeds in the front yard under a noon day sun baking in the heat. 🤣

Fury Road end chase definitely saves the movie.

I enjoyed it I know that i’ve always been overly critical of FR just because i’m such a Road Warrior fanatic I was there opening night for TRW sitting there just gob smacked by its intense characters, and adrenaline I get very defensive and protective of my baby lol

I’m super excited now for Furiosa after revisiting FR.

Kara witness me lol
You may now spray paint your teeth chrome and enter Valhalla.

You have to remember, the vast majority of "original" Road Warrior fans may not have seen the first two films on a big screen, but experienced them for decades on video.

I didn’t see any of them opening night until FR but I was lucky enough to see Mad Max 2 (sorry I’m Australian and this is what we call it) at a local film festival. Amazing 70mm experience.

I'm curious if Miller will a)actually get to make his Max prequel, and b) if Hardy will be back or will it be recast again.

I didn’t see any of them opening night until FR but I was lucky enough to see Mad Max 2 (sorry I’m Australian and this is what we call it) at a local film festival. Amazing 70mm experience.
You're lucky and I envy you! I wish I had seen Road Warrior (Mad Max 2) without any prejudice or preconception with a fresh mind on a big screen. I did, however, see it on video only a few months after its release, so there was some sense of discovery about it.

In North America (Canada on my end) the first Mad Max was something of a pulp b-movie that played at drive-in cinemas. I still remember seeing the newspaper ads with the poster art and wondering what this odd curiosity was. We didn't have the convenient terminology for dystopian post-apocalyptic/future-past genres of sci-fi at our disposal (it existed, but wasn't commonly thrown around to identify the genre in film) to know what it was. The second Mad Max (Road Warrior) was a minor hit with good reviews behind it, but still a relatively small release that flew under the radar of most theatre-going audiences. Fair to say, Road Warrior was more of an outsider cult hit in 1981, with the burden of an R-rating, and I was only 12 years old, so I couldn't see it in the cinemas anyway.

Not soon after both films became big home-viewing video hits with a solid following. They also played on TV all the time throughout the 80s and 90s. Road Warrior was one of the first VHS tapes I ever rented, and was a film I often re-rented and I watched with my best friend on repeat, many times over, slowed down and reversed and forwarded, just to catch all the stunts and various details. It's still one of those films I can watch at any given time because it's such a tight, clear, concisely linear narrative and "efficient" piece of filmmaking (there's no extraneous scene or material in it, no waste or misstep in storytelling). Road Warrior never ceases to hold the viewer's attention and really is one of those "near-perfect" films that adheres to its intentions and delivers on its promise.

Fury Road doesn't hold quite the same appeal as Road Warrior, but I don't believe any Max film can or will ever again match that one true sequel-classic. A classic that singularly defined its genre. But Fury Road is a pretty good testament of what a Max film should likely be in this age – keeping in mind film screenplays/scripts simply don't tell stories the way they did 40 years ago – and I'm just glad a generation has their Max film. Fury Road still has a lot to like... A LOT!... and I do believe Fury Road is more meaningful and personal to young audiences who discovered it fresh in 2015, more than any prior Max film might be to them. We have our Max and they have theirs, and it's all part of a great world that Miller built and gave us.

More than anything I'm grateful that Miller returned to the Max franchise at all and approached it with the same unhinged guerrilla/punk filmmaking sensibility that he had decades ago. Fury Road is NUTS and so is Miller! I've been a longtime admirer of Miler's work and think he's is old enough, and has done enough unrelated films, that it would have been easy for him to age himself out of Max and never return to the franchise or, at best, just hand it off to a studio and some other filmmaker. I think we're pretty lucky Miller came back to Fury Road with the same, or relatively similar, sense of purpose, integrity, fever and "FURY" and re-built that classic Max world for us. Despite Fury Road's minor problems it was awfully exciting to return to Miller's Max after 30 years and see that so much of the original concept was respected, adhered to and intact in 2015.

Last edited:
Back