**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surprised it went to D+ before blu ray ..before purchased streaming :horror

Ladies and gentlemen..welcome to the future of movies

Was surprised to see this was on D+ already tonight. Was thinking of watching it with my son. But then my better judgement kicked in.

Instead I watched The Last Samurai on Netflix. :lol It's leaving Netflix in a few days and its a movie I really enjoy. I have it on DVD, but obviously I'd rather watch in HD. My son liked it. Now I want to buy the 4k disc. I think I made the right choice.

Was surprised to see this was on D+ already tonight. Was thinking of watching it with my son. But then my better judgement kicked in.

Instead I watched The Last Samurai on Netflix. :lol It's leaving Netflix in a few days and its a movie I really enjoy. I have it on DVD, but obviously I'd rather watch in HD. My son liked it. Now I want to buy the 4k disc. I think I made the right choice.
I believe the live adaptation of Rurouni Kenshin is also on Netflix (in the USA). I enjoyed that too. Obviously less historical but the sword choreography there was really awesome. Here in the Philippines we have all 4 movies on Netflix.

You have no idea how upsetting it was to have spent all that money on the MCU discs without IMAX ratio and then they put it up on D+ with the proper ratios.

Grrrr

Burn me once but not happening again.

Finally saw this on streaming and I'd say, I actually like this. It doesn't feel like your typical MCU film either which was a plus. Sure, there can be questionable moments but for me, I think this is better than No Way Home.

I was discussing this movie with somebody, and it actually made me like a scene in Endgame more. Wanda is fighting their version of Captain Marvel, and reverses Captain Marvel's energy absorption powers to temporary weaken her. That allows for the big statue to kill her.

Somebody noted kind of reverse of the scene with Captain Marvel fighting thanos, and I was like what do you mean? They noted C Marvel is absorbing energy from the infinity gauntlet, which is why when Thanos tries to headbutt her she doesn't flinch. I was like wow, that makes sense why she would be so much more powerful than Thanos at that moment, she is absorbing a crap ton of cosmic radiation flowing in that gauntlet.

Director Scott Derrickson "we're gonna make the first scary MCU film"

oprah-shrug.gif

Yeah I know, IMAX ratio, but I like to own things. I'll get D+ again when Daredevil is on in 2024 lol. Got the 4K today cause Strange is my guy. Yes, it was disappointing with the maximum hype for this movie, but I really enjoyed watching it at home. One of the best scenes in the MCU is with Strange and Sinister talking before their fight. What a great way for the hero to see how tragic a path he could have taken.
What's better: NWH, TB or MOM?
TB - most serious of the bunch
NWH - very emotional, just too much teenager stuff to overtake TB
MOM - more tongue in cheek, shorter than the others and didn't meet the hype
Khev is right however NWH/MOM will probably be easier to revisit more times than TB.
NWH starts off slow for me. TB is more engaging while MOM is shorter and gets to it quick.
MOM was fun magicschlock that I enjoyed. It let me down, but it was a fun ride. TB is... a flick. That exists. It let me down to the point where I'm not even sure I want a Battinson now (I've trimmed all my Bat-Wants to an Arkham City Ras, an Arkham Knight Batman and a Morrison-esque Joker), and I'm thoroughly uninterested in the sequels. I can't find anything from it I truly "liked". It was as if I was watching an amateur trying to copy better NeoNoirs while trying to do "ebin dark and broody and important and totally not a cape because that'd be embarassing" Batman. The ending monologue was worse than "we'll be the match that will that produce the spark that will light the gasoline trail that will burn the First Order down". The pacing, the script, the performances, they were all a mess. I can't believe people all over liked Riddler, and I say this as a Certified Classsic Danobro. The best thing was Farrell hamming it up. I wouldn't describe it as a good capeflick, let alone a good movie. After a certain point I had to fast-forward through it at 3.0x, and I've watched things like Fanny & Alexander and 1900 in one sitting... One of the best in 20 years? You're all talking specifically in the action/pop culture genre... right?

WRrE1X.gif

Oh , NWH was... a thing, too. I'm not even going to call it a flick. It's like a series of poorly rendered shorts held together by string. Even the nostalgia didn't work for me. I "liked" it for about... 3 days, I guess? But yeah, it'd be a disservice to flicks to call it that. None of the MCU Spider-Boy "movies" feel real to me. More like web-specials shown after Hannah Montana reruns or something. I'm not even going to compare it with TB or MOM.

In the end TB is the most film-like out of the the three, as it's technically competently made, but it's not what I consider a good movie. MOM was the one I enjoyed the most. NWH doesn't even deserve to be discussed.
the-batman-riddler.gif

Finally caught up with all of phase 4.

On my second viewing, I’ve decided I love this movie.

The setup is a little rushed and awkward, and you can tell that someone else directed the scene where Strange visits Wanda at the “orchard”, but once the movie gets going I was thrilled.

I’ll be the first to admit that this would be mediocre in anyone else’s hands, but Raimi is just a better filmmaker than most MCU directors. The creative magic battles and the dynamic camerawork really elevate it. As much as I liked the first Dr Strange, I appreciate that this one looks and feels so different. Like a new writer and artist coming in on the comic, different but still very fun.

One thing I want to comment on is that Professor X appearance. The audacity. Looking exactly like the animated series, wardrobe and all. I always understood his hoverchair to be gold, and bright yellow is just how gold looks on a Saturday morning cartoon show. But NOPE! In this movie they give us a bright, canary, Big Bird YELLOW hoverchair. Kind of hilarious. They did not have to pander so hard for the cartoon fans but I don’t mind for a one-off cameo.

“Who said they had to be LIVING?” Setup, meet payoff. Fist pump.

Back